2018 C-USA Football Predictions, Scores, and Power Rankings

Fordham at Charlotte (6:00 PM ET, ESPN+)

The 49ers have yet to announce their starting quarterback. I don’t care. Charlotte should easily win. Brad Lambert made some really good coordinator hires in DC Glen Spencer and OC Shane Montgomery and I’m curious to see how both units perform against an overmatched opponent.

Charlotte 31 Fordham 17

clt says we have swag back

Hmm…

FAU 14
#7 Oklahoma 63

WKU 3
#4 Wisconsin 34

Saturday, August 25th

Prairie View A&M (FCS) 28
Rice 31

Thursday, August 30th

Savannah State (FCS) 0
UAB 52

Friday, August 31st

WKU 3
#4 Wisconsin 34

Saturday, September 1st

Fordham (FCS) 10
CHARLOTTE 34

FAU 14
#7 Oklahoma 63

Indiana 38
FIU 28

LA Tech 30
South Alabama 26

Marshall 35
Miami - OH 28

Middle Tennessee 7
Vanderbilt 35

SMU 23
North Texas 46

ODU 10
Liberty 52

Houston 45
Rice 27

Jackson State (FCS) 7
Southern Miss 55

Northern Arizona (FCS) 30
UTEP 10

UTSA 7
Arizona State 49

Not a good week for CUSA, and wow ODU.

Too bad we don’t play rice and utep.

Re: Savannah State

Every 2-3 years, they announce they’re dropping from 1-AA to D2. But, they always are in the MEAC when the next season starts.

Next Saturday, they play Miami, the one in Florida. Their next game is against Howard. Howard is also a member of the MEAC, but this is not listed as a conference game. Could Howard have bought a nonconference home game against a conference foe? That could be a first.

Savannah State plays A&T in November. That could be ugly.

The repeated announcements they are dropping to D2 cannot help recruiting or morale.

Maybe someone should put Savannah State on the future opponents list.

C-USA teams occupy numbers 1, 2, 4, and 6 of this ignominious ranking - and none are the Niners for a change!

1 Like

FWIW, Cyrus predicting a 35-7 App win.

This predicts App 34, Niners 16.

Going to dispense with the scoreboard after C-USA going 0-3 vs Sun Belt, ODU sellout streak snapped, Topper Nation calling for Coach Sanford’s head, etc!

Reading this just made me think:

“Oh God! C-USA sucks so bad we COULD win 6 games! NO!!!”

1 Like

Best case scenario is we win 6 games because cusa is so bad, make a bowl and still fire Lambert.

Even Hill will have a hard time getting rid of Brad if we make a bowl. I’d rather finish 5 and 7.