2019 Football Recruiting Thread

Since yesterday we hosted a junior day I feel it’s time to start this thread. Offers beginning to go out like crazy it seems for C/O 2019.
Seems like the staff is beginning to hit Charlotte and the surrounding area hard. I assume it’s a combo of local coaches speaking up and maybe a bit of us :wink:
Either way I am happy to see it.

1 Like

Lambert lands 2019 OL from GA, Jon Middleton. From the best I can tell, we were Middleton’s only offer:

Maybe word on the street was Lambert was the only coach he would play for.

i can’t find anything on him except his hs page and twitter.

Another signature strong land by Lambert

clt says don’t forget this guy

I’ll not forget him, but he was one-in-a-million. Don’t think we can keep doing that. But i hope Jon Middleton is number two-in-a-million!

Offer extended to 2019 :star::star::star: QB

1 Like

We’ve landed a Long Snapper from nearby Porter Ridge:

We’ve also offered another :star::star::star: QB:

clt says long snappers are frequently overlooked

And he committed today to ODU.

Looks like we got a commit this week from another solid kicker/punter. Jared Wheatley, from nearby porter ridge hs verballed. At least one recruiting service (kornblue kicking) ranked him in their top 10 nationally as a kicker and as their #2 punter, nationally. He also mentioned offers from FIU and Coastal Carolina among others.

Didn’t we get a highly rated kicker last year? Any idea if he redshirted or if he was a part of that clusterfuck we had kicking for us last year?

He is a freshman this year. Was in hs last year. Almost certain to be the starter. Last name is Cruz.

clt endorses,

Parker Moorer just de-committed from Maryland. Hopefully our staff has already taken action.

If he’s local and has FBS offers, our staff is probably not interested.

This would be a great test-case for Mr. Hill to run on this staff. Deep in autumn of 2018, during the inevitable big meeting, Hill could ask Lambert, “Why didn’t you pursue Parker Moorer after his de-commitment from Maryland?”

Lambert: “We didn’t think we had a chance.”
Hill: “That’s just not an acceptable response Coach.”

A post was split to a new topic: Where does our 2019 class stand vs CUSA/App/ECU?