2019 C-USA Football Preseason, Scores, and Rankings

Our only player likely to be drafted is not on the list.

Must think Davis is easier for us to replace than Foggie.

Foggie had a nose for the ball, those INTs are going to be tough replace (especially from the LB position)

And Nate did miss five games this season including three wins.

We likely lose USM and ODU without Foggie’s picks.

1 Like

Per this, we aren’t good and play 5 of the best 7 teams in the conference. I don’t think WKU is as good as this guy thinks and I’m not nearly as enameled with USM as the press seems to be, but I can’t hate on much else.

We aren’t going to get credit until we win and look decent doing it.

2 Likes

Getting caught up here:

So we don’t have to give Underdog Dynasty any revenue generating clicks:

37 Victor Tucker - WR

Coming out of a football hotbed in Miami, Florida, one would think that Victor Tucker would have had his fair share of offers as a three-star prospect.

Instead, the 5-11, 175-pound wideout had just one FBS offer out of high school - from Charlotte.

After redshirting in 2017, Tucker more than repaid the 49ers investing in him, with 54 catches for 712 yards in 2018.

The Carol City High School product exploded onto the C-USA scene with 26 catches and 369 yards in his first four games. If Charlotte can manage more consistent quarterback play in 2019, expect Tucker to be one of the league’s top pass-catchers.

32 Jeff Gemmell - LB

The Charlotte 49ers’ defense was one of the most improved in FBS football last season. Jeff Gemmell played a large part in that improvement.

The 6-3, 230-pound redshirt senior from Wake Forest, NC, has racked up 16.5 tackles for loss and five sacks, to go along with 220 tackles in three seasons.

His most consistent trait is that wherever the ball-carrier is, he’s not too far away.

Gemmell returns in 2019 as a team captain and has a chance to break the program record for tackles in a career.

29 Ben DeLuca - S

Very few players in Conference USA have as complete of a game as Charlotte’s Ben DeLuca.

As is the case with many players on this list, DeLuca was lightly recruited coming out of Orlando’s Bishop Moore High School. The only programs to offer him were Charlotte, Charleston Southern, Coastal Carolina and Cincinnati.

Like his teammate Victor Tucker, the sure-tackling safety has more than repaid the 49ers investment in him.

In three seasons, he’s amassed 261 tackles, four interceptions and 14 passes defensed. Additionally, he’s forced seven fumbles, which include his five in 2017. That effort was good enough to lead all players in FBS football during the season.

1 Like

Why don’t we want to give them any clicks?

I think this alone is a good enough reason to not give them clicks:

1 Like

You mean an App guy wrote a pro-App piece? :scream:

1 Like

Yet another reason not to support them with my click counts.

So the C-USA-focused guys do all the work putting out the info that we know we won’t get from the Big O and we just basically say GFY? Hmm…

1 Like