Curran Scott to Tulsa

Says he wants to be closer to home. Still have a back court of QJ, Jon, White, Braxton. Kinda confused. Seemed to be in a perfect situation.

This is bogus!! Haith probably nosed around on this.

I’m sad to see Scott go. I thought he would stick around for at least another season. I wish him nothing but the best.

a tough loss but replaceable. would be devastating if this were davis or white. i wonder how this affects recruiting. do you think price goes after another guard? i wonder if price knew that this was coming.

I think he would have seen his PT drop the most of all of our returning players next year. He was not going to play the 4 with the guys we have coming in and that leaves him playing behind White and the Clemson transfer at the 3. I think if he had gone to another other school he would have not gotten near the PT as he did with us this year with all of our departures from last year.

The transfers in basketball is just amazing. You now have to have a coach out recruiting the transfers to keep up with all of them.

I hate sports

To be honest I’m not surprised at all. I understand him wanting to go back to OK. His family probably couldn’t attend many of his games and it’s not like were on TV all the time. He was going to lose his starting job next year with a new starting lineup of something like

Davis
Braxton
White
Hudson
Bergang/grad transfer C

With Jackson, Ajukwa, Vanhook, and Benas coming off the bench.

[quote="_BL_Niner, post:7, topic:30293"]To be honest I’m not surprised at all. I understand him wanting to go back to OK. His family probably couldn’t attend many of his games and it’s not like were on TV all the time. He was going to lose his starting job next year with a new starting lineup of something like

Davis
Braxton
White
Hudson
Bergang/grad transfer C

With Jackson, Ajukwa, Vanhook, and Benas coming off the bench.[/quote]

dont forget about garvin at forward. do you think hudson starts? how many scholly players do we have now? i know we have 3 to give.

I guess based off his previous tweet the caged bird has been released.

Forgot about Garvin, he would probably take Beans minutes off the bench. With 3 schollys now and Aube about to be a senior, wouldn’t be shocked if they rewarded him his last year. (that’s if we can’t fill all 3 of course)

i think we will add two players and save one schollie for 2017.

Damn. Honestly I thought Scott was more consistent than White. It’s not the end of the world I guess but would have like to see the 3 guards get 4 years together.

It may be closer to home but it’s a hell of an upgrade in terms of conference and RPI, that’s for sure. We better get better fast because great players don’t tend to hang around in lower ranked conferences.

Conference Rank:

CUSA: 22nd
AAC: 8th

2015-2016 RPI:

Charlotte: 224
Tulsa: 58

I hate coming to this site because it is always TERRIBLE news!!!

just when I was starting to see some building the old trend continues, players leaving

if Price can’t get an Okie to say…

I don’t like to wish ill will on anyone but I hope Tulsa loses every game going forward. Haith is trash. Scott is getting a free education so from the school aspect that is great. I don’t put a lot of stock in the home sick thing. I liked Scott’s game but we have more depth going forward so this is better than past years.

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:9, topic:30293”]I guess based off his previous tweet the caged bird has been released.[/quote]he had other tweets after that saying how blessed he was to play for a great person and coach, so I wouldn’t read too much into that tweet.

The allure of home is strong. While some of his teammates could take weekend trips home in the car, he didn’t have that option. I hate to see him go.

Homesickness is why I’d prefer we primarily recruit kids from the east coast, specifically the mid Atlantic and southeast.

[quote=“elvis, post:14, topic:30293”]just when I was starting to see some building the old trend continues, players leaving

if Price can’t get an Okie to say…[/quote]

we are losing one player who actually played last season and the kid was 2000 miles from home. not much price can do about that. we are still building and have time to recruit and replace him.

agree with all the comments, it’s just the same movie over and over again

a kid has some success and it feels like he bolts

i’m good, golf outting, many beers… just pissed

i know this loss sucks but this happens to everybody, we are just overreacting bc we havent been dancing in 11 years but that will change this season. we will find quality guys in this recruiting period and be fine.

Ultimately we need guys like Scott to stick around for 4 years and hopefully play a contributing role on a highly successful team. It is likely guys like that will get less minutes as a senior than a freshman, but that is the type of commitment we are going to need to reach a high level. We aren’t going to have great success constantly filling the gaps.