FAU football

Charlie Partridge out at FAU after 3 seasons, each finishing at 3-9.

CBSSports.com: FAU fires coach Charlie Partridge as Owls continue seeking relevancy

Sun-Sentinel.com: FAU begins national search for new head coach after firing Charlie Partridge

Underdog dynasty CUSA power ranking…

1. Charlotte (4-8, 3-5, LW: #9)
    Last result: Charlotte 14 UTSA 33

The three-game losing streak to close the season is definitely a downer but the 49ers have proven that they are no longer a pushover and an automatic W going into next year. If not for the late season fade Brad Lambert would have easily won C-USA Coach of the Year.

[quote=“FridayNiner, post:2, topic:30666”]Underdog dynasty CUSA power ranking…

1. Charlotte (4-8, 3-5, LW: #9)
    Last result: Charlotte 14 UTSA 33

The three-game losing streak to close the season is definitely a downer but the 49ers have proven that they are no longer a pushover and an automatic W going into next year. If not for the late season fade Brad Lambert would have easily won C-USA Coach of the Year.[/quote]lol wut?

Utsa or odu’s coach would have been great choices too even if we had won the last three games. I don’t think there would have been any easy choices.

What will happen to their Pear Tree?

Not sure if this joke needs to be shamed or applauded.

Not sure if this joke needs to be shamed or applauded.[/quote]

sck should always be applauded.

ESPN.com: Alabama OC Lane Kiffin to be next head coach of Florida Atlantic

Foxsports.com: Why leaving Alabama for FAU is the best thing for Lane Kiffin

Sun-sentinel.com: FAU to hire Lane Kiffin as coach

[quote=“Run49er, post:7, topic:30666”]ESPN.com: Alabama OC Lane Kiffin to be next head coach of Florida Atlantic

Foxsports.com: Why leaving Alabama for FAU is the best thing for Lane Kiffin

Sun-sentinel.com: FAU to hire Lane Kiffin as coach[/quote]

This one makes me a little nervous.

Where does Brad Lambert rank in the CUSA East?

Dead fucking last

Question is how long will he be there? If he sees 3 years there I will be shocked.

Dead f***ing last[/quote]
Lets look at the coaches.

WKU: Give them the benefit of the doubt.
MTSU: Yup.
ODU: Own us so far.
Marshall: Despite our win, Doc is head and shoulders above Lambert (his results).
FIU: Butch Davis did well in his two stops (despite shady practices).
FAU: Not sure if Kiffin has learned, but he has pedigree.

All of a sudden…we’re looking outmatched and outgunned in the CUSA East.

Dead f***ing last[/quote]
Lets look at the coaches.

WKU: Give them the benefit of the doubt.
MTSU: Yup.
ODU: Own us so far.
Marshall: Despite our win, Doc is head and shoulders above Lambert (his results).
FIU: Butch Davis did well in his two stops (despite shady practices).
FAU: Not sure if Kiffin has learned, but he has pedigree.

All of a sudden…we’re looking outmatched and outgunned in the CUSA East.[/quote]Marshall takes non-qualifiers, Davis cheats to win, and Kiffin is a pain in the ass and probably cheats to win. We lose cleanly! Hmm, I thought that would sound less pitiful when I said it outloud.

Jon Solomon @JonSolomonCBS Recruiting Florida will be crazy: Jimbo Fisher, Mark Richt, Jim McElwain, Charlie Strong, Lane Kiffin, Butch Davis, Scott Frost. Have at it.

WKU hires Mike Sanford, OC at notre dame. Head scratcher but WKU does well.

Wilder is not going to Temple. He’s about to get an extension at ODU.

[quote=“JudyPleaseRetire, post:14, topic:30666”]

Jon Solomon @JonSolomonCBS
Recruiting Florida will be crazy: Jimbo Fisher, Mark Richt, Jim McElwain, Charlie Strong, Lane Kiffin, Butch Davis, Scott Frost. Have at it.
[/quote]

FYI We currently have verbals from 9 recruits in Florida.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:16, topic:30666”][quote=“JudyPleaseRetire, post:14, topic:30666”]

Jon Solomon @JonSolomonCBS
Recruiting Florida will be crazy: Jimbo Fisher, Mark Richt, Jim McElwain, Charlie Strong, Lane Kiffin, Butch Davis, Scott Frost. Have at it.
[/quote]

FYI We currently have verbals from 9 recruits in Florida.[/quote]

I wonder if it helps recruiting down there to have 2 conference “rivals” in the state of Florida. It can’t hurt.

If Kelly was fired, ND donors were pushing for Sanford to stay and replace him. I think WKU got them another good one, we’ll see how long they can hold on to him.

Doesn’t hurt to tell a kid he gets to play a game in his home state every year.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:4, topic:30666”]What will happen to their Pear Tree?[/quote] It loses the damned Partridge. DUH.

BTW, I, too, applaud SCK’s joke.