Filip Petrušev - 2018 F/C - Committed to Gonzaga

Luka Vasic’s former teammate and former hartford commit. committed to hartford because of simovic. transferring to montverde and now a four star on espn. let’s hope his simovic is really close and that he wants to play with vasic. would be a great get. looks like he is about to blow up.

If we don’t lock him up soon, I’m afraid he’s going to get major offers with his new high school.

at this point in the process, what does “lock him up” even mean?

the best thing that can happen is that vasic explodes. and loves everything about charlotte. ;D

at this point in the process, what does “lock him up” even mean?[/quote]in basketball, verbals stick more often than not.

If we were talking football, a verbal from a 4 star would mean nothing to me.

at this point in the process, what does “lock him up” even mean?[/quote]in basketball, verbals stick more often than not.

If we were talking football, a verbal from a 4 star would mean nothing to me.[/quote]

We have really only had a couple dudes flip on us over the years

glad to be reminded of that. so full-court-press is in order. starting NOW! :o

Tweeted by Evan Daniels of Scout:

Just got my first look at 2018 big Filip Petrusev, who recently decommitted from Hartford. I'd expect his recruitment picks up quite a bit.

4:17 PM · Aug 4, 2017 from Slovak Republic

Plus this from Josh Gershon, also of Scout:

Scout.com: FIBA u18 A: Filip Petrusev recruitment set to pick up

[quote=“Run49er, post:8, topic:31002”]Tweeted by Evan Daniels of Scout:

Just got my first look at 2018 big Filip Petrusev, who recently decommitted from Hartford. I'd expect his recruitment picks up quite a bit.

4:17 PM · Aug 4, 2017 from Slovak Republic

Plus this from Josh Gershon, also of Scout:

Scout.com: FIBA u18 A: Filip Petrusev recruitment set to pick up[/quote]

I’m actually a bit encouraged by that article. He,mentioned us. I was expecting worse.

Says he wants to play from day 1. Pretty decent chance of that here.

FWIW, his visit here was in June.

I guess we’ll soon see if Simovic has the pull with the European players, as advertised.
Hopefully between him and Vasic, we can get the inside track !

clt hopes we can Filip him our way

From Josh Gershon of Scout:

[Quote]Filip Petrusev made the move from Serbia to the United States for his junior season of high school, but the 6-foot-10 post missed much of the year due to a stress fracture in his foot. Given the fact that he also made an early commitment to Hartford, he was a player who was very much off the radar. Petrusev, who transferred to Montverde (Fla.) Academy for his senior year, was tough to scout over the last year, but finally showed what he’s capable of at the FIBA U18 Division A European Championships in Bratislava, Slovakia. The senior big man has very good size, is mobile, has respectable footwork, has a nice feel on rebounding and improving touch inside. Due to the promise he showed in Slovakia, Petrusev went from unranked to a Top 50 prospect in 2018.

Recruiting: Charlotte, Georgia Tech, Stanford, Tennessee, Vanderbilt[/quote]
Scout.com: Biggest Breakout Performer of 2018 Class

In addition, Adam Zagoria tweeted that Tennessee and UCLA were both at Montverde today to see Petrusev, whom Zagoria says is a legit 6-11.

How does that sale pitch go for him to come to charlotte over possibly those other schools recruiting him?

start from day one(he stated early pt matters to him, come play for your coach(simovic), with your ex teammate(vasic), in an nba city, with one of the best pg’s in america(davis).

Tennessee, Arizona and Florida all offered today.

For those wondering “збогом” is Serbian for “adios”

We still hold a trump card or two !

#RockSolid #CharLIT Retweeted
49ersBasketballCharlotte Basketball@49ersBasketball·17 Sep
Coach @ivoivosimovic with #49ersMBB @MilosSupica1 and Luka Vasic preparing to watch Serbian Basketball in European Championships today! :basketball:

I hope we have some solid fall back options… going head to head vs. the blue bloods in the sport is always a tough battle…