FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Mean Joe Greenā€¦ That looks even worse in printā€¦ good yet terrible post.

Ron Swanson nailed our Athletic Department

clt says joe green just broke the chat page.

Not sure what I broke. I donā€™t want Lambert fired, but I do want him to get some help. He isnā€™t getting enough to win. That is the bottom line. I am very close to getting there, but perhaps there is a better way. Same for his friends, perhaps there is a better way.

I recommend we bring in the the Old Head Ball Coach as an interim assistant to the Head Coach, recruiting consultant and 2017 Offensive Coordinator. We need to pray someone will help with that huge salary. Type A winner with the local knowlege, big time experience and nothing really better to do in the next 11 months. The current oc could coach wrā€™s. Lambert could focus on secondary more. 2018 could be a year where more substantial permanent changes would result. Lambert has had a difficult task and its time the ADept and Board step up, force some issues and bring in immediate help. Starting before terms are even known if possible. Like yesterday.

That pod cast of Lambert is dreadful. He says all the right thing but only if he could coach as well as he interviews.

I agree that he needs some help but as the head coach, itā€™s his job to make changes whether that change is revamping the offense or changing the offensive play caller. If heā€™s not going to make the changes then as they say the buck falls with him.

The players play hard for him but the mediocre recruiting and vanilla offense and defense have led to the results on the field.

His seat should be very hot right now. If they donā€™t get to at least 4 wins then he should be fired

Only big name recruit we have gotten was Washington and he lost his starting job and has been outplayed by LeMay

FIRE MULLENS. If Lambert doesnā€™t he needs to go to

Only big name recruit we have gotten was Washington and he lost his starting job and has been outplayed by LeMay[/quote]lemay was an ESPN 300 player when he committed to us.

[quote=ā€œBecky Jones, post:44, topic:31078ā€]Iā€™m hearing a big time player for us has quite because of the OC and his play calling. Iā€™m not going to say the name but this isnā€™t good. If this doesnā€™t wake someone up and get Mullens fired I donā€™t know what will. When this name is released we will never steal a top tier prospect from a school a again until Lambert is goneā€¦ It just goes to show if youā€™re a good prospect donā€™t come to Charlotte, Lambert will end your career. Him and Mullen donā€™t know what to do with talent. That post cast of Lambert is dreadful. He says all the right thing but only if he could coach as well as he interviews.[/quote]has to be ford, lemay, or Washington. Maybe Kofa.

Nobody else really had big time offers.

Washington spent most of the 4th quarter standing on the sideline with one of his feet sitting on top of his helmet, I would say he looked pretty disinterested.

[/quote]lemay was an ESPN 300 player when he committed to us.
[/quote]

Yes he was. Washington has been our only 4 star recruit. Your big names would be ford or Barden or Washington or LeMay

But this is part of the problem with our recruiting. There are what 130 FBS teams and we are considering the 113 ranked rb of that year as a big time recruit. Washington was #34. If Iā€™m not mistaken heā€™s the only top 100 player at his position that we have signed.

The o.c. should be replaced and/or removed an replaced. As for Washington, I would be pissed too. The play calling is terrible and always has always been terrible. The offensive line was terrible and were letting them hit our backs behind the line of scrimmage. It seemed that Lemay was breaking more of those tackles and he was definitely running harder than Washington in my eyes. Washington looked like he was trying to hesitate and wait for a hole to open, as if he was Bell with a great offensive line. Washington, if he sticks, needs to stop the dancing and start hitting a hole or a man at full power. Lemay was by far the better back and he might be our best - very impressive game by him. Lemay was hot and they didnā€™t want him winning the game for us - they meaning A&T and our O.C.

I have one more comment on the whole debacle.

The general community loves us. I was talking to people in my section that showed up for their first game, or they buy tickets on stub hub when they can, and football has truly endeared us to a large number of people that otherwise could care less about our university. Some would call these people ā€œWal-Mart Fansā€ and hate on Chapel Hill all you want, our University could use a few more of them.

Although those people are not nearly as connected, and donā€™t follow nearly as closely as we all do, I started talking with one guy in particular who kept asking about our OC and how bad he was. He didnā€™t know the history or anything. With absolutely no prompting, he brought up how backwards it seemed our athletic department seemed to be, and how they clearly needed a new direction. He was shocked to find out our AD had been here as long as she had. He kept talking about coming to basketball way back when. I found it interesting. If we win ball games, this town will fall in love with us. There are tons of alums from schools all over the country that love college sports, and just happen to live here. We could be their 2nd team easily. More than that, thereā€™s a massive footprint of people in this area that didnā€™t go to college that love us, they just want us to win.

I donā€™t want to sidetrack the thread but it appeared to me that LeMay was having success because on the running play we run 95% of the time (that read option/delay up the middle with no FB) he was bouncing it outside because any DC with half a brain would know to stack the middle against our offense and A&T did. He got the yards by making Herculean efforts on his own against the design of the play.

I am against firing Lambert until the season closes because I think it may scare off future coaching options while not really doing anything in the mean time (e.g. itā€™s not like we have a great assistant or itā€™s not like we have a chance to go bowling). Even then I donā€™t want Judy to hire the new coachā€¦

[quote=ā€œImfromClayton, post:53, topic:31078ā€]I have one more comment on the whole debacle.

The general community loves us. I was talking to people in my section that showed up for their first game, or they buy tickets on stub hub when they can, and football has truly endeared us to a large number of people that otherwise could care less about our university. Some would call these people ā€œWal-Mart Fansā€ and hate on Chapel Hill all you want, our University could use a few more of them.

Although those people are not nearly as connected, and donā€™t follow nearly as closely as we all do, I started talking with one guy in particular who kept asking about our OC and how bad he was. He didnā€™t know the history or anything. With absolutely no prompting, he brought up how backwards it seemed our athletic department seemed to be, and how they clearly needed a new direction. He was shocked to find out our AD had been here as long as she had. He kept talking about coming to basketball way back when. I found it interesting. If we win ball games, this town will fall in love with us. There are tons of alums from schools all over the country that love college sports, and just happen to live here. We could be their 2nd team easily. More than that, thereā€™s a massive footprint of people in this area that didnā€™t go to college that love us, they just want us to win.[/quote]

Yeah, I do think we have a good number of people who want us to be relevant.

I donā€™t think anyone will get fired during the season, just because we already are short staffed. Our Head Coach is doing double duty and is also our D line coach as it is.

I donā€™t think anyone will get fired during the season, just because we already are short staffed. Our Head Coach is doing double duty and is also our D line coach as it is.[/quote]

Agreed. At the same time, what do we have to lose? Totally split on keeping him till the end of the season or just ripping the band off and assign a interim head coach? Such a tough time being a niner fan.

We are not short staffed. We have 10 FT coaches, that is the max you can have. When Curry resigned he was replaced immediately by Skalaski.

I donā€™t think anyone will get fired during the season, just because we already are short staffed. Our Head Coach is doing double duty and is also our D line coach as it is.[/quote]

Agreed. At the same time, what do we have to lose?[/quote]

The additional salary we pay the interim coach.

So our ā€œd lineā€ is now part of special teams?

Charlotte 49ers head football coach Brad Lambert promoted Charlie Skalaski to the programā€™s Special Teams Coordinator position in June, 2017. Skalaski filled the vacant coaching slot opened when defensive line coach Aaron Curry resigned.