Mike Hill summary of his presser

Absolutely love Mike Hill. He left nothing undone in my book. Home run choice and thanks Turnkey. To come out and say we are done with Fancher, that took guts and a bit ruthless, which is needed. Only way to get better is shrewd business moves.

My second major takeaway, Phil Dubois is still a massive asshole. Get off the stage you clown. You ruined the buzz of the room with your closing comments on title ix, and you have zero feel for people or the temperature of those around you. Also would be nice if you could speak beyond a 7th grade level intro to public speaking class. Your’re in your 60s and still a trainwreck at a podium.

You are not the smartest nor wittiest guy in the room. Far from it.

Can you give a bit more of a summary for those of us who couldn’t watch? Announcing at this press conference that he was giving Fancher the boot is certainly a surprise.

Phil - Not good

Hill - Crushed it

Media - Not good

Link to watch:
http://charlotte49ers.com/watch/?Archive=3607&type=Archive

summary:
Dubois in very akward fashion told us of hiring process. Lots of jokes, not laughter. Got Hill’s phone number wrong, made him a steak.

Hill introduced and shredded it. Talked of being a local thru and thru. Discussed mens hoops and football situations. Had everyone fired up. Then Dubois jumps on the stage like a maniac to ensure all that title 9 demands would be met with new facilities. Hill just stared at him like “really”?

Perfect 10/10 from Hill. This guys is awesome. Lots of great takeaways, but I love how he specifically mentioned getting engaged with students and young alum. That’s how you build a big donor base and I love that he’s enthusiastic about that. I also shouted out a big “WOOHOOOO” when he announced the search for a new MBB coach. Coach Fancher is a great guy and it could be argued that he took over in a bad spot, but we need to mash the reset button. I also think we will be blown away by the quality of candidates that will be interested with Hill running things now.

Also, I loved that no one laughed (until prompted to do so) at CHP’s “He’s a Carolina guy, but we can look past that…” joke. He takes every chance he can get to try and act like he’s not the giant Chapel Hill suck up that he is.

I’m super excited and absolutely cannot wait to see what the future holds!

this guy is a better public speaker than Dubois

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR485DRyzAY[/youtube]

[quote=“metro, post:1, topic:32411”]Absolutely love Mike Hill. He left nothing undone in my book. Home run choice and thanks Turnkey. To come out and say we are done with Fancher, that took guts and a bit ruthless, which is needed. Only way to get better is shrewd business moves.

My second major takeaway, Phil Dubois is still a massive asshole. Get off the stage you clown. You ruined the buzz of the room with your ending comments and you have zero feel for people or the temperature of those around you. Also would be nice if you could speak beyond a 7th grade level intro to public speaking. GTFO[/quote]

It’s amazing how bad Phil and Judy have been for us…especially in the media over the last 15 years.

Mike Hill says absolutely nothing special…nothing other than what he’s supposed to say…and we are PUMPED TO NO END!!!

Seriously…any AD for any school in the country would & should say the EXACT things…but say it here and we are like WOW…WE’RE NOT WORTHY…YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

I really do like the hire because we have a real AD now…but I think mostly it just shows how brutally awful the Phil & Judy show has been.

The right kind of kids, doing things the right way and manage expectations vs We will strive not to be ordinary but extraordinary and gold is the standard.

I mean…seriously.

Hard to believe our leadership has been THAT bad for SO long.

If you took out all the parts where CHP spoke it was all I could’ve dreamed of.

My thoughts:

Phil…what a douche …there was no need for him to even get out of his chair.
Mike Hill seems like the kind of guy that you may want to get your toes away from if you don’t want them stepped on during his process !
He’s definitely gonna ride a big wave of support here.
Can’t wait for him to get started…not even official yet and already cleaned out the MBB staff and met with the players and parents !
Did anyone else think Whitestone looked like he’d seen a ghost ?!

[quote=“TRLeader, post:7, topic:32411”][quote=“metro, post:1, topic:32411”]Absolutely love Mike Hill. He left nothing undone in my book. Home run choice and thanks Turnkey. To come out and say we are done with Fancher, that took guts and a bit ruthless, which is needed. Only way to get better is shrewd business moves.

My second major takeaway, Phil Dubois is still a massive asshole. Get off the stage you clown. You ruined the buzz of the room with your ending comments and you have zero feel for people or the temperature of those around you. Also would be nice if you could speak beyond a 7th grade level intro to public speaking. GTFO[/quote]

It’s amazing how bad Phil and Judy have been for us…especially in the media over the last 15 years.

Mike Hill says absolutely nothing special…nothing other than what he’s supposed to say…and we are PUMPED TO NO END!!!

Seriously…any AD for any school in the country would & should say the EXACT things…but say it here and we are like WOW…WE’RE NOT WORTHY…YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

I really do like the hire because we have a real AD now…but I think mostly it just shows how brutally awful the Phil & Judy show has been.

The right kind of kids, doing things the right way and manage expectations vs We will strive not to be ordinary but extraordinary and gold is the standard.

I mean…seriously.

Hard to believe our leadership has been THAT bad for SO long.[/quote]

This! He seems like he is capable of doing a good job here but he said nothing less than what he should say.

I’m not as impressed with him as much as most of you but no doubt it’s a tremendous upgrade to the previous regime.

It wasn’t part of his remarks. Eric Spanburg asked the 1st question about the basketball coach. He then announced that we would be conducting a nationwide search. Praised Fancher afterwards. It was a bit surprising guess.

He knocked it out the park IMO. Looked at Dale Halton who was sitting next to our previous AD, and said ‘You deserve to have a full house and a winning basketball team in the Arena with your name on it.’

It wasn’t part of his remarks. Eric Spanburg asked the 1st question about the basketball coach. He then announced that we would be conducting a nationwide search. Praised Fancher afterwards. It was a bit surprising guess.

He knocked it out the park IMO. Looked at Dale Halton who was sitting next to our previous AD, and said 'You deserve to have a full house and a winning basketball team in the Arena with your name on it.'[/quote]

I bet he rehearsed that line. #boom

[quote=“moss2k, post:10, topic:32411”]My thoughts:

[/quote]

clt says let’s hope Hill doesnt have the same end result.

Also, seal snipers are badass!

No where to go but up! He did seemed to be disappointed by lack of questions.

Charlotte athletics is like China coming out of communism a lot of room to grow. I’m very optimistic after today’s press conference. I’ll be even more optimistic when Phil retires.

I have high hopes now after hearing the guy speak a few times. The lack of media questions was horrible. I think that it is a combination of the past pressers and how much play they will get with their outlet. The guy has checked all of the boxes so far, but he is digging out from a pretty deep hole. Love his optimism though and he has the personality the open a lot of big pockets within Charlotte.

:wink: Finally. Real talk

https://twitter.com/realdadinstands/status/971165637304311813?s=19

I think the fact that Judy was present during the press conference muted some of the tougher questions out of respect for her. For example, can you imagine someone asking “what is your approach to selecting a basketball coach given the fact that the last two hires were abject failures”.