Mike Hill, aka: šŸ in training

This is a rare hire and the most important in the next decades for our Athletic Department. Weā€™re down to two and I donā€™t want a UNC graduate either but Iā€™m looking for positives here for arguments sake.

Florida is the defending national champions in baseball 2017. This has to be a boost for baseball and softball here.
Also heā€™d have to be more in touch with area. Esten potentially better for the A10 instead of CUSA.

I think he would really relate to the fanbase well and understands the social media aspect of today. He did lead the campaign to renovate their arena recently.

Please addā€¦

[quote=ā€œThreemire09, post:1, topic:32386ā€]This is a rare hire and the most important in the next decades for our Athletic Department. Weā€™re down to two and I donā€™t want a UNC graduate either but Iā€™m looking for positives here for arguments sake.

Florida is the defending national champions in baseball 2017. This has to be a boost for baseball and softball here.
Also heā€™d have to be more in touch with area. Esten potentially better for the A10 instead of CUSA.

I think he would really relate to the fanbase well and understands the social media aspect of today. He did lead the campaign to renovate their arena recently.

Please addā€¦[/quote]

I like your thoughts. Mind posting over in the other thread to keep it all in one? Hopefully the high school talk will stop lol

clt appreciates your efforts but nope.

Why would we give anyone from a university that has never done anything positive for usā€¦an opportunity at upward mobility??? And my donations would be going to support this shitā€¦ Esten all the way.

So myopic, so if Roy Williams was willing to coach here you same people would be against this because heā€™s affiliated with the tarholes. Mike Hill for AD, both are great candidates but Hill has experience in hiring coaches

Judy Rose has experience hiring coaches too.

Honestly their coaching hires have sucked for such a successful program

I would be against Roy Williams because I think heā€™s a terrible coach.

Name a more successful athletic program than The University of Florida?

[quote=ā€œJaMiNNiNeR, post:9, topic:32386ā€]Name a more successful athletic program than The University of Florida?[/quote] Stanford. Rumor has it that Gator football sucked this past season, by the way

Why would our first choice for AD be a graduate from unc with a home town from Clemson? Where would their true allegiance lie?

Iā€™m sure Dabo Swinney intentionality threw the National Championship game because his allegiance lies with Alabama. ???

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dominant-college-sports-programs-2016-11#2-university-of-texas-at-austin-29

Was your first choice UNC?

Hill wonā€™t be making the money Dabo is making. I want nothing to do with UNC.

Esten all the way, PSU is in a better spot currently and would have top level assistants to grab for footballā€¦

Florida also will have good assistants and SEC. We need to unite around either.

I hate unc-ch and only applied to Charlotte but it doesnā€™t change the reality that Hill is a quality candidate with his own merits.

Franklin came from SEC and would have same or more contacts plus B1G, PSU > UF. If Esten (and who knows how well any of them know the coaches) is tight with Franklin I think it trumps anyone Hill is tight withā€¦ again just my opinion Iā€™ll give anyone a chanceā€¦

If we can start some alignments with PSU and OSU for our teams and other B1Gā€™s we can gain more interest in our program since there are probably as many grads from those two schools in Charlotte than anyā€¦

clt encourages metro to finish this chat page.

It is done

Done.

Not happening

Non starter