New brewery coming to University City

Paging @ZombieLew, this one might be of interest to you when you venture down.

1 Like

I saw this yesterday, that’s a great and much needed addition to U City. Sycamore makes phenomenal beer, so this one should be really good as well.

Gotta new one opening in nearby Harrisburg as well.
Pharr Mill Brewery

This is great news! Interesting location though, but nonetheless, it’s a start in the right direction for that area. I really hope with the redevelopment, another one will open within the Boardwalk “loop” and be near the lake. This redevelopment has the potential to really make the University area a destination, other than the proposed Top Golf 2 Entertainment District by Ikea.

Yeah the location is definitely not the greatest but there is plenty of parking at least.

At least it will be “near” “UNC-Charlotte” (“UNCC”). :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grimacing::flushed::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Gluten free beers are not the best… :grimacing:

Sycamore is probably my least favorite brewery in Charlotte but a brewery is a brewery! A welcome addition to U City.

Be cool if we partner with them for these:

https://continuinged.uncc.edu/course/CBB101

https://continuinged.uncc.edu/course/CBB105

This also mentions a new Top Golf in the IKEA area as @iliketowin mentioned

OH

HELL

YEAH.

I’m there. Let’s drink.

For some of us, they’re a much better beer than the alternative…

I can definitely understand that.

I went to the Armored Cow yesterday after work and had a couple of beers with a friend. The 49er Kolsch was good, and I was just in Cologne, Germany where I had the real stuff.

Nice facility. They had several food trucks in the parking lot. Pretty good crowd. Tons of parking since that is basically a dead shopping center. I can see this place being successful and anchoring some other redevelopment over there if there will split up the big boxes.

Not real close, but walkable from the light trail stop.

Stop in and drink one to your alma mater.

3 Likes

clt says drinking kolsch in koln is worth the flight