New Look

[font=Verdana]Ok, I put in place a new skin on the site and moved some things around…[/font]

It’s fully responsive and will resize to the device you’re using. Notice the Recent Posts will stay over the top on the main forum page, but migrates to the right bar when in a particular board or creating a post, etc.

I still need to re-skin the popup chat.

The menu button up top left brings on a right column when in desktop mode where you can get to the menus, though I doubt you’ll need to use it much.

Let me know of any issues and we’ll tackle them as they come.

looks good. Any upgrades coming to the board software itself. i.e. embedding Youtube videos.

Just tried the site on mobile. There doesn’t seem to be a reply button and you can’t scroll in the shoutbox.

clt says thanks for your hard work!

[quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:30288”]looks good. Any upgrades coming to the board software itself. i.e. embedding Youtube videos.

Just tried the site on mobile. There doesn’t seem to be a reply button and you can’t scroll in the shoutbox.[/quote]
The green circle back arrow on the toolbar in the attached image is reply. What phone are you using. The shout box scrolls fine if I touch in the box and swipe up and down on my iPhone.

The shoutbox does not sceoll for me either. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note. (Android)

[quote=“ninermac, post:4, topic:30288”][quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:30288”]looks good. Any upgrades coming to the board software itself. i.e. embedding Youtube videos.

Just tried the site on mobile. There doesn’t seem to be a reply button and you can’t scroll in the shoutbox.[/quote]
The green circle back arrow on the toolbar in the attached image is reply. What phone are you using. The shout box scrolls fine if I touch in the box and swipe up and down on my iPhone.[/quote]Samsung S4

[quote=“Niner National, post:6, topic:30288”][quote=“ninermac, post:4, topic:30288”][quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:30288”]looks good. Any upgrades coming to the board software itself. i.e. embedding Youtube videos.

The green circle back arrow on the toolbar in the attached image is reply. What phone are you using. The shout box scrolls fine if I touch in the box and swipe up and down on my iPhone.[/quote]Samsung S4[/quote]
I see the reply button on S7, but same scrolling issue with shoutbox. Also, clicking on the popup chat link, I’m prompted to login, after I do that, I see shoutbox for a second before being redirected back to the login again.

It’s a little tricky, but it’s there.

Awesome. Thanks mac!

I’ve been playing around with other browsers and platforms. I’ve also fixed the popup for chat. It wasn’t spawning a new window.

I’d suggest to anyone who has issues to logout of the site and back in. I’ve had no issues on 7 different browsers on 3 different platforms with chat sign-in. If you were already logged in prior to the skin change, perhaps something goofy is going on.

On the chat scrolling, I’ve tried Chrome on Android with no issue as well as silk on kindle fire. Any chance one of you could get me a video of it, or I’d take an S7 ;D

Gif of me scrolling on chrome for android.

Mac, works perfectly for me on my iPhone. I will actually start using the mobile version now, never used it in the past.

Shoutbox is getting spammed with this when I view the site on my phone:

(21:41:40) NormBot: emf has been logged out (Invalid IP address).
(21:41:43) NormBot: emf logs into the Chat.

Can I still view the desktop version from my IPhone? I don’t see the desktop button but I prefer that view over the mobile.

[quote=“cibik02, post:14, topic:30288”]Can I still view the desktop version from my IPhone? I don’t see the desktop button but I prefer that view over the mobile.[/quote]No mobile or desktop version anymore, it’s all 1 responsive theme.

Man, too bad. Does the desktop version still look the old way? I guess I’ll learn to like this but it’s quite a change. I liked seeing the whole page and zooming in. Took me a sec to even find how to post a message on here. The left arrow looked like a forward or back type button.

Looks good on iPhone

clt is struggling on his Nokia.

I am on a Nexus 6 running Android 6, and using Chrome as my browser.

I cannot:

1. Scroll in any window, whether it’s the shoutbox or a post.

2. select text except for the select all function. Makes posting extraordinarily difficult.

Hi Mac,
Is there a way to bring back the previous “Unread Posts” and “Previous Posts” buttons to the Home Screen?

I’m not positive of the name of that second button, “Previous Posts”? But I believe the previous logic was 1) an option to sort all posts that haven’t been read since previous visit and 2) an option to sort all posts that you have previously commented in.