NEW SITE COMING THIS WEEKEND -- MUST READ -- NNN Mike Hill Edition

So, I never shut this thing down like I promised. For that I’d like to thank everyone that took part in the movement. I had become apathetic toward the site and Niner athletics and pushing this place forward just didn’t feel worth the time anymore. Thanks to everyone for breathing some life back into the program.

That said, here’s what’s happening:

1. This weekend (most likely Saturday), I’ll shut down the site by putting it into maintenance mode.
  2. The new web address to the forums will be given in the message with instruction on how to move over.
  3. You’ll have to do a password reset on the new site using your email address to gain access. IMPORTANT: IF your email address on the site here is currently not correct, then let me know via PM. DO NOT FOR ANY REASON CHANGE IT IN YOUR SETTINGS HERE. That will affect finishing the import of data into the new DB.
  4. I’ll re-sync data between the old and new and turn it up.

For now the site will not be SSL encrypted. Once I move the main ninernation.net domain over, I’ll be encrypting things across the board. We will also have a new frontend to the site, but that won’t show itself until the main domain moves.

So, what is it we have in store. Everything on the site is pretty much real time. Chat, quick message/private message, and even forum posts. You can also have up chat and quick messages (private chat between 2 or more people) while navigating the site. Those windows will remain up while you do other things, almost like a workspace for NNN communications.

Adding your own images is as easy as drag and drop. Image and Video urls will automatically embed.

Mobile… Everything scales down great onto mobile. We should have no issues whether it’s iOS or Android like the current site.

The default skin for the site will be dark. For those that prefer the light side, there is an option in your settings to default it to our lighter skin.

There may be some hiccups along the way, but hopefully not.

I’m attaching some sample page images here.

clt says thanks for your hard work. any hope of making the chat page look like boneyard banter?

I would claw my eyes out if we had to deal with that message board setup.

Awesome! Thanks Mac for all you do. This site has been instrumental in the direction of our program.

Man- looks awesome Mac…

Thanks for riding it out… This place has been the only safe harbor in what has been a 12 year hurricane…

And that’s an understatement. Football, Judy Rose, etc. Crazy what a few #badfans can accomplish when given a great platform on which to collaborate.

Thank you! Let us know how we can help if needed. Even if it is just money.

And that’s an understatement. Football, Judy Rose, etc. Crazy what a few #badfans can accomplish when given a great platform on which to collaborate.[/quote]

Next up on the list:
1- Lutz 2.0
2- Name Change
3- Medical School

Great job sir. I am not involved nearly as much as most of you and I really can’t be. However, it is really good to be able to come to the site and see what is going on with everything Niners.

1 Like

Thanks for all you have done man!

good stuff Mac! Thanks for keeping this place up for us! This place matters…for all of us!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:4, topic:32407”]Awesome! Thanks Mac for all you do. This site has been instrumental in the direction of our program.[/quote]^^could not agree more^^

[quote=“ninermac, post:1, topic:32407”]So, I never shut this thing down like I promised. For that I’d like to thank everyone that took part in the movement. I had become apathetic toward the site and Niner athletics and pushing this place forward just didn’t feel worth the time anymore. Thanks to everyone for breathing some life back into the program.

1. This weekend (most likely Saturday), I’ll shut down the site by putting it into maintenance mode.
  2. The new web address to the forums will be given in the message with instruction on how to move over.
  3. You’ll have to do a password reset on the new site using your email address to gain access. IMPORTANT: IF your email address on the site here is currently not correct, then let me know via PM. DO NOT FOR ANY REASON CHANGE IT IN YOUR SETTINGS HERE. That will affect finishing the import of data into the new DB.

For now the site will not be SSL encrypted. Once I move the main ninernation.net domain over, I’ll be encrypting things across the board. We will also have a new frontend to the site, but that won’t show itself until the main domain moves.

So, what is it we have in store. Everything on the site is pretty much real time. Chat, quick message/private message, and even forum posts. You can also have up chat and quick messages (private chat between 2 or more people) while navigating the site. Those windows will remain up while you do other things, almost like a workspace for NNN communications.

Adding your own images is as easy as drag and drop. Image and Video urls will automatically embed.

Mobile… Everything scales down great onto mobile. We should have no issues whether it’s iOS or Android like the current site.

The default skin for the site will be dark. For those that prefer the light side, there is an option in your settings to default it to our lighter skin.

I’m attaching some sample page images here.[/quote]BUMP, this is important.

[quote=“ninermac, post:1, topic:32407”]So, I never shut this thing down like I promised. For that I’d like to thank everyone that took part in the movement. I had become apathetic toward the site and Niner athletics and pushing this place forward just didn’t feel worth the time anymore. Thanks to everyone for breathing some life back into the program.

I’m attaching some sample page images here.[/quote]Bump

And that’s an understatement. Football, Judy Rose, etc. Crazy what a few #badfans can accomplish when given a great platform on which to collaborate.[/quote]

Next up on the list:
1- Lutz 2.0
2- Name Change
3- Medical School[/quote]
Not getting Phil outta here? Or is that #4?
Also thank you Mac for all your hardwork and dedication, this site is so important to Charlotte and I am excited for the new site to come online!

Next up on the list:
1- Lutz 2.0
2- Name Change
3- Medical School[/quote]
Not getting Phil outta here? Or is that #4?
Also thank you Mac for all your hardwork and dedication, this site is so important to Charlotte and I am excited for the new site to come online![/quote]

D.O.B.A.

All of those items will be much easier once Phil is gone…so bump Get Rid of Phil to #1

how do you find your email address used on here? For all i know, i used a fake one long ago so mac wouldn’t email me all that spam.

cibik02@aol.com

http://ninernation.net/index.php?action=profile;area=account

http://ninernation.net/index.php?action=profile;area=account[/quote]

Didn’t work for me. I clicked every link I could see in profile, setup, account, etc.

I’ll pm mac