Notes from February 15th UNC Charlotte BOT meeting

Here you guys go, enjoy!

http://bit.ly/feb-15-bot-notes

Good stuff !

1 Like

Thanks for the info Agent Moss. You are the man!

1 Like

I dont know how I feel about bringing an early college on campus. I feel like this adds to our commuter college, community college stereotypes. Do any other top research institutions have programs like these on their campus?

It could be a great tool to recruit academic talent that might not would have stepped on our campus otherwise.

The College of Engineering has had an Early College for a while now (The modular classroom building with a brick facade beside CRI deck) . The College of Education just started one and it is also being housed there for now, too. I believe both are subject to CMS’s crazy lottery system, though.

One of my former colleagues works for the engineering Early College.

clt is cool with this. No late college tho.

Berkeley, UConn, Maryland, Georgia State, New Mexico, CUNY, Ohio State, Oregon State, Utah, Utah State, UNT.

All of these schools have Early Colleges, per the Early College Initiative website

The College of Education one is actually in the CoEd building now in the rooms that used to be the computer labs in the basement. One of my friends teaches there.

And yes, it is subject to CMS’s lottery program so it’s not necessarily the top students from the county.