Players Leaving/Returning

Keyshawn Woods is leaving Wake Forest. Could he return to Charlotte? He would be eligible immediately as a grad transfer.

He and Dorn were tweeting/retweeting some Charlotte things a couple days ago. Unlikely IMO, but I would welcome either of them back.

You guys love a retread around here, donā€™t you? Dorn and Woods are ancient history to me. Part of an era Iā€™d rather forget as a Niner. Sanchez will build a team from new guys and thatā€™s ok even if some people around here canā€™t think outside the box.

1 Like

clt says give it a shot.

Iā€™d take them both back for sure, especially Dorn.

Immediate injection of experienced upperclassmen? Yes please.

Just because you choose to consider whatā€™s ā€˜in the boxā€™, doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t think outside it. Iā€™m all for doing whatever can help the team going forward. I wouldnā€™t necessarily pursue those guys but if they initiated contact with Coach Sanchez, Iā€™d definitely be willing to consider what they have to say.

Friendly reminder, as of now we have 1 open scholarship to work with. Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll change eventually.

https://agent49.net/scholarship-table/

My guess is they know about Coach Sanchez from their time int he ACC and if they wanted to come back to play for him at their Grad Year (not sure they even can, anyone know for certain?) I am all for it.

Two things have to happen quickly, re-establish landing recruits from the Charlotte metro region and winning ball games. Both guys would help with that tremendously.

Doubtful it will happen, but I think being opposed just because they decided to leave the dumpster fire we were at that time is foolish.

@scollie41 Iā€™m with you. Iā€™m not opposed to any experienced transfers but the obsession with the past around here is just astonishing. Also, the repeated failure to understand why someone new and fresh wouldnā€™t want to drum old memories and butt heart continues to baffle me.

I get some here have gone overboard with the ā€˜Bring back Lutzā€™ talk but other than that Iā€™m not sure what this ā€˜obsessionā€™ is thatā€™t being referred to. I happened to see an article stating that Woods was transferring is all. Not sure why someone would be emotionally fragile over a college kid transferring out a few years ago.

Wood and Dorn can EAD

1 Like

The Lutz thread ran way too long and was totally absurd. Then as soon as we land a coach we start talking about hiring Lutz and other former Niners as assistants and then jump on former players. Thatā€™s textbook obsession to me when at every turn people are looking BACKWARDS! We have a new AD so letā€™s look FORWARDS for once!!!

1 Like

I want coaches and players that WANT to be here. I want coaches and players that WANT to be Niners.

Lutz wants thatā€¦so, yes, I would love to have ANYONE (including Lutz) that has a passion for the Niners and wants to come here. Same with Woods and DOrn. They left after the Major debacle to go to the ACCā€¦canā€™t blame them.

But if they like the Sanchez hire and have 1 more year of eligibility as grad students and WANT to finish as Ninersā€¦what the hell is wrong with that!?

If they WANT to be here AND they can helpā€¦Jesus forgive me for being so ridiculous in wanting coaches and players that truly want to be a part of our program. Your badgering has shown me the lightā€¦Iā€™ll never do it again.

I meanā€¦with Woods and Dornā€¦itā€™s not like we couldnā€™t use an infusion of Sr leadership and ACC level experience.

WHat the f@#$ was I thinking!?!?!

1 Like

Ifā€¦IF we can get Woods and Dorn back, does JD stay for his final year?

Why would Woods or Dorn leave their current schools for their last year, and in what possible way could we fulfill those goals next year? This seems silly. The only places that make sense are those with a shot at playing for a National Championship or can somehow help them get to the NBA (Dorn).

I agree, Woods is transferring, I think heā€™d look at a team with a real shot to make the tournament. However, if he comes here, then cool heā€™ll help, but Iā€™m not banking on it or begging him to come here.

Donā€™t know what some of you have seen from Woods to think he would fit in a pack line defense system but I donā€™t think he would be a good fit. Dorn maybe but I think his performance at State has elevated him to a better situation than a rebuilding team.

We have to evaluate what they bring and how they fit into Coachā€™s scheme. Dorn would be a good addition but weā€™d probably start the smallest team in the league.

I would welcome Dorn and Woods back but . Grad transfers usually transfer up not down. I wouldnā€™t expect them to come here.

Lutz didnā€™t want to be here. He applied for the TN job, didnā€™t get it and was never the same coach/recruiter or NINER afterward. Forget him. He was on FNZ today and said he was not asked to come back after Fancher was let go and gave the impression he would not come back even if asked, so let it go. LET IT GO.

1 Like