"Power" Conferences going to 20 game schedules

https://www.fanragsports.com/trickle-down-impact-20-game-power-5-league-schedules/

“Moving to 20 league games is going to change the entire model,” one Big Ten athletic director told FanRag Sports last week. “[b]They want to wipe out the non-Power 5 schools from getting at-large bids completely[/b]. Moving to 20 games makes that more of a realistic possibility.”

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:1, topic:31137”]https://www.fanragsports.com/trickle-down-impact-20-game-power-5-league-schedules/

“Moving to 20 league games is going to change the entire model,” one Big Ten athletic director told FanRag Sports last week. “[b]They want to wipe out the non-Power 5 schools from getting at-large bids completely[/b]. Moving to 20 games makes that more of a realistic possibility.”
[/quote]

Somebody should tell the P5 schools that the tournament is exciting bc of the non P5 underdogs. Nobody wants to watch a sub .500 in conf P5 team flounder around in the tourney.

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:2, topic:31137”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:1, topic:31137”]https://www.fanragsports.com/trickle-down-impact-20-game-power-5-league-schedules/

[/quote]

Somebody should tell the P5 schools that the tournament is exciting bc of the non P5 underdogs. Nobody wants to watch a sub .500 in conf P5 team flounder around in the tourney.[/quote]

IF the NCAA was concerned, they would pass the requirement that a team has to be at least .500 in their conference.

Another sign of the ruination of college sports.

Frankly it’s not that much fun anymore.

Even when a G5 does well in the tournament the powers that be will find a way to fuck them over. (See Gonzaga vs UNC Chapel Hill last year for an example).

I’m really not sure what the point is anymore.

I would rather play in a smaller local conference and get to go drive to more games.

[quote=“49r9r, post:3, topic:31137”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:2, topic:31137”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:1, topic:31137”]https://www.fanragsports.com/trickle-down-impact-20-game-power-5-league-schedules/

[/quote]

Somebody should tell the P5 schools that the tournament is exciting bc of the non P5 underdogs. Nobody wants to watch a sub .500 in conf P5 team flounder around in the tourney.[/quote]

IF the NCAA was concerned, they would pass the requirement that a team has to be at least .500 in their conference.[/quote]

If they didn’t have the balls to punish UNC Cheat they sure as hell Aren’t going to do anything about this.

We’ve already been relegated. It’s time for us to break off and create something people care about.

If we don’t do it now, our sorry AD may have us put in the equivalent of Div. 3

Is this supposed to be surprising?

Against all my typical notions of justice and stubborn defiance, I’ve gotten so sick of the so called power schools’ and their cheating, one set of rules for us another for you cartel, that I’m just about ready to tell them to pack ass. GTFO. But it needs to be a complete break. The remaining schools shouldn’t play them in anything, whether its Football, Hoops, Checkers, Backgammon, or Water Dancing.

I’ll enjoy the schadenfreud when the realization hits that most of those 60 or so programs are going to have losing records, every year, from now on, in every sport they care about. Also, they’re gonna lose home games in all sports. That’ll oughtta do wonders for revenues and fan engagement.

How many G5 schools are on the Selection Comm.? Not wanting G5 in Tourney could backfire now that they admitted it.

Mercurynews.com: Pac-12 basketball: The case for expanding the conference schedule (why play 18 when 20 makes so much more sense)

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:8, topic:31137”]Against all my typical notions of justice and stubborn defiance, I’ve gotten so sick of the so called power schools’ and their cheating, one set of rules for us another for you cartel, that I’m just about ready to tell them to pack ass. GTFO. But it needs to be a complete break. The remaining schools shouldn’t play them in anything, whether its Football, Hoops, Checkers, Backgammon, or Water Dancing.

I’ll enjoy the schadenfreud when the realization hits that most of those 60 or so programs are going to have losing records, every year, from now on, in every sport they care about. Also, they’re gonna lose home games in all sports. That’ll oughtta do wonders for revenues and fan engagement.[/quote]

It isn’t even 60 programs -its really 10-15 programs. The Chapel Hill, Bama, Michigans. If this were to come to pass Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and others will look around and realize how bad it was for them too.

https://frshoopz.com/cbb/rothstein-pac-12-considering-shift-to-20-game-conference-schedule/amp/?__twitter_impression=true