Thank You Brad Lambert

Let me be the first to say it:

Thank you Brad Lambert. Thanks for setting the foundation for our program and the hard work you put in. By all accounts you were a stand up guy.

Letā€™s be honest here thoughā€¦Lambert accepted this job when we were planning on being fcs. The second we accepted the invite to CUSA, he became the sacrificial Lamb-ert. Going from no football to fbs in 3 years makes it near impossible for success. He had to know deep down the chances of this marriage ending happily were slim. I do appreciate the work he and his staff put in. I really enjoyed the first 4 1/2 seasons. Watching guys like Ogunjobi, Duke, Kalif in 49er green was soooo much better than watching other college teams on Saturdays. In the end we just didnā€™t win enough or gain enough momentum as a program.

I will be forever grateful for the efforts Lambert put in to bring awareness to this program and getting this thing off the ground.

I wish Lambert and his family nothing but the best moving forward. Hopefully he can catch on as an assistant at a P5 school.

ā€¦Oh and thanks for giving Judy the final push out the door :wink:

8 Likes

Nice post. It has been so much better watching the football team this year vs. last year. Winning a few, but being competitive in most made it a much more enjoyable experience. No hard feelings toward Lambert. Best of luck to him in the future.

1 Like

Agree - thanks to Brad and his family for their dedication to the Niners since starting. He came on when there was no team, no building, no uniforms etc. and helped build a program from scratch. The jump to CUSA was faster than expected and he did not adapt as quickly as he needed so while I am sad to see him go, itā€™s the right thing for the program. He will always be our first coach and have his name in the record books for the many accomplishments but not itā€™s time to turn our eyes towards a #GoldStandard coach that can lead us to building a team that competes for championships and annual bowl appearances.

1 Like

I agree. He is a good dude with nothing but the players best interests in his heart. I didnā€™t love him as a football coach, but is a quality human being and I would have no problem telling him so if we ever cross paths.

Best of luck to him and his family.

2 Likes

clt highly endorses and hopes he can find a role in our AD.

Also, it is time to build for our SEC push

Brad took on a challenge a lot of HCā€™s wouldnā€™t touch and did all he could to make it work. The field goals for him being successful were already pretty far away and then our quick move to FBS put the field goals even farther out. We all had our doubts about his ability to succeed at this level, but I never questioned whether Brad put his total efforts towards it. He did all he could, against an indifferent administration and an AD who probably didnā€™t know how to provide the right help to make Bradā€™s job easier. He had a devastating loss when Ratliff died, and at the worst possible time in a season. He couldnā€™t retain good assistants long enough to build off their abilities, and he apparently had a tough time on the recruiting trail.

One could say that Brad faced some unusual challenges that other G5 coaches donā€™t ever see or see rarely and he did it with class and integrity.

Thank you Brad Lambert, you will always be Charlotteā€™s first football coach.

Thank you, Coach! This was always going to be a tough job. Hope to see him land on his feet somewhere.

Agree with everything Iā€™ve read in this threadā€¦good luck Coach Lambertā€¦and Thank You for everything you did to help lay the foundation here for Niner Football

Brad Lambert is one of the nicest coaches Iā€™ve met Even during tough games he was blunt but respectful He took a big risk becoming the first head coach of a new team

Thanks for writing your cover letter. I hope you can find someone who wants to read your next one.

clt says the Ratliff loss likely ended his 49er career

1 Like

Thanks Brad! You came and made something from nothing. You gave some of your best years. Weā€™ll never forget that. Iā€™m sad that I never got my trading card signed by you.

1 Like

Brad was a class act from the word go. He was hired to do a job that was much less competitive than the one he ended up doing. I still think had we remained FCS, we would have won a bunch of games, but that was not the case.

He is a good man, and I appreciate all he has done.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure he had a lot to do with the stadium and facility design, which in my mind are top notch. Our stadium, while small is beautiful with impressive weight room, field house, study halls, etc. Now if we can start winning and draw enough fans so that we can expand the stadium, that would be great to see.

1 Like

Many thanks to Brad for taking a chance and coming to Charlotte. He couldā€™ve very well stayed at Wake or moved on elsewhere and done well. He took a big chance and started up this program from scratch.
Many props to him for also trying his best during the move to FBS, as stated earlier he became the scape goat once we moved to FBS.
While I did want him gone, Iā€™m thankful for his time here and I hope truly that he lands on his feet.
And letā€™s not forget that if he doesnā€™t go 1-11 and kept as football coach Judy Rose is still here. Her keeping him on resulted in the Fire Judy Rose campaign and ultimately the change. So thank you Brad!
Hereā€™s a bright future

2 Likes

Thanks to brad for doing the job to the best of his ability (I assume) and cashing the checks and the checks that will keep on coming. His best wasnā€™t good enough however. I wish him success in the future.

I donā€™t see any reason to try to teabag Brad on the way out the door.

2 Likes

In no way tea bagging, saying thanks for doing his job and making money. Not going to act like he did us a favor.

Wow is all I can say about this comment

1 Like

Class act. Thanks Coach Lambert for coaching all the way up to the end. The players obviously like him. Glad a guy like that was our first coach and was able to lead our program with integrity. Also glad he got to end the era on a high note.

6 Likes