Things Every Niner Student Should Do

I’m finishing up my last semester at UNC Charlotte. My time at this University have been some of the best years of my life. I’ve done a lot of cool and memorable things here, including following up on some rumors I had heard in my time here (the underground tunnel between CHHS and COED, paying respects to Ms. Bonnie, etc.), and I was curious to hear from some other alumni, what are things that all students should do while they are here as a student? Weather it is visting a certain place, doing a certain activity on campus, whatever. I’d like the feedback, maybe even get a list going for future Niners. ;D

Thoughts?

[quote=“FortyNinersForLife, post:1, topic:30121”]I’m finishing up my last semester at UNC Charlotte. My time at this University have been some of the best years of my life. I’ve done a lot of cool and memorable things here, including following up on some rumors I had heard in my time here (the underground tunnel between CHHS and COED, paying respects to Ms. Bonnie, etc.), and I was curious to hear from some other alumni, what are things that all students should do while they are here as a student? Weather it is visting a certain place, doing a certain activity on campus, whatever. I’d like the feedback, maybe even get a list going for future Niners. ;D

Thoughts?[/quote]

Give a heart felt public speech about something you really care about at the base of the Belk Tower. :’(

I’d say camp out in what once was called “Lutzville” for basketball tickets to the Cincy game, but that’s been gone a lot longer than Belk tower. :’(

Sled down Carver Road in front of the Student Union on a snow day maybe.

Check out the rare books room at the top of Dalton Tower. Lots of UNC Charlotte historical info up there.

Did you live in one of the highrises? If not you didn’t get the FULL UNC Charlotte experience.

For your sake I hope you got to rush the field after the Campbell game. That’s a lifetime memory right there.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:2, topic:30121”][quote=“FortyNinersForLife, post:1, topic:30121”]I’m finishing up my last semester at UNC Charlotte. My time at this University have been some of the best years of my life. I’ve done a lot of cool and memorable things here, including following up on some rumors I had heard in my time here (the underground tunnel between CHHS and COED, paying respects to Ms. Bonnie, etc.), and I was curious to hear from some other alumni, what are things that all students should do while they are here as a student? Weather it is visting a certain place, doing a certain activity on campus, whatever. I’d like the feedback, maybe even get a list going for future Niners. ;D

Thoughts?[/quote]

[b]Give a heart felt public speech about something you really care about at the base of the Belk Tower. :’(

I’d say camp out in what once was called “Lutzville” for basketball tickets to the Cincy game, but that’s been gone a lot longer than Belk tower. :’( [/b]

Sled down Carver Road in front of the Student Union on a snow day maybe.

Check out the rare books room at the top of Dalton Tower. Lots of UNC Charlotte historical info up there.

Did you live in one of the highrises? If not you didn’t get the FULL UNC Charlotte experience.

For your sake I hope you got to rush the field after the Campbell game. That’s a lifetime memory right there.[/quote]

Those make me very sad. :-[ My personal favorite moment happened freshman year. Sitting at the belk tower at two students just randomly started playing music together. Just a great experience and something I won’t forget anytime soon.

I have been to the rare collections room. Saw lots of old Aerial photographs of the school from decades past. It absolutely blows my mind how far this University has come.

I was at the Campbell game. I did rush the field. Will never forget that, or the Interception.

Pass out drunk on campus on one of the benches near the Belk Tower and wake up the next morning while people walk by you going to class…and you quickly realize you missed your first two classes??? This one might just be me, but you can partake if you’d like.

Get in an argument with Gary the preacher at the Belk Tower…Just 'cause.

Rush the court because our bball team just beat a top 10 team on ESPN.

Live in Moore Hall and share one bathroom with 11 other guys. I hope they never tear those miserably amazing high rises down.

I got one that new students can start. Anytime you see someone wearing another school’s colors (especially baby blue) on our campus, you sneak up behind them and “pants” them.

You Sir, know how to take full advantage of a “gun free” zone.

clt says to crash a golf cart into a frozen lake.

Baby oil slip n slide with some co-eds.

Play touch tag football with some co-eds on the front lawn the night when a hurricane is coming (in my case Hurricane Hugo) and then drunkenly stumble to Hechenbleikner Lake and jump in with the rest of the idiots who yell, “Hey, man!! Let’s jump in the lake!!!”

Also, if they still have the cardboard boat races on Hechenbleikner Lake, watching those was always fun.

This is my favorite thread on NNN in a long time.

Have relations with a stripper in Van Landingham Glen.

Mrs Jfickett took a photo of me sitting on the ledge by the sculpture between duke and grigg with my dog, when the rec fields were still there right before we broke ground on the stadium my senior year. Since, ive got an update photo of the same perspective with the stadium there. When we expand, ill get another one with the new parts of the stadium in the background. Its cool to have a little timeline of photos next to eachother.

Id suggest doing something like that.

Strip flip cup, ladies on one side of the table, dudes on the other.

Guys vs. Girls Beer Pong - Losers Run around the building naked.

Double beer bong.

Bring road cones to Niners basketball games and yell through them like PA system (we did this basically every game).

Definitely some snow / ice related activity involving cars, either pulling a disc behind a truck, or doing burnouts on campus, both are awesome.

Do “it” in the botanical gardens at least once, this was one of my favs. I’d recommend at night so you don’t go to jail.

Find a willing coed and do the deed in one of the many dead quiet places in Atkins.

There are cameras everywhere. I’d personally suggest the stairwell, in the tower portion.

There are cameras everywhere. I’d personally suggest the stairwell, in the tower portion.[/quote]

^good memories

Get good grades, establish a strong network and, if applicable, prepare diligently for grad school.

Also, puke in Halton Arena because you just got too into your pregame. At least once.

Friday building for me

Overnight road trip

Make several really good friends. They will still be with you in 30 years.

Have sex with a stranger

While you are busy getting your degree, remember to also get an education.
– Dr Loy Witherspoon, in the first college class I ever went to. I like to think he was talking about items 1-3.

All these suggestions are things each of them did in their experience. My suggestion is to simply cherish the time - when it is over it is over and it is a time and place you can never really get back to, so embrace it. Whatever it is about UNC Charlotte you love - go do that and cherish it and tuck it deep in your memory so that when you are on your deathbed you can close your eye and recall a happier time and a place that you helped breath life into and that helped you live the life you did. Just my .02

^ Done and done.