Trey Wertz - 2018 SG - Committed to Santa Clara

Have a nice piece on him on the site:

2018 Prospect Watch: Trey Wertz
https://charlotte.n.rivals.com/news/2018-prospect-watch-trey-wertz

ALSO REMEMBER!!!

Hmmmmmm…recruiting news about…

A GUARD!!!

How shocking!!!

Guess we’ve shown no official interest. My pessimistic side says we’ve already been told “don’t bother”.

He was in attendance at least one game at Halton this year. I have read that he is very high on our list for 2017.

Nice, but 2 articles I’ve seen about him did not mention us as interested.

Nice, but 2 articles I’ve seen about him did not mention us as interested.[/quote]We’re interested, however with him being a 2018 kid, loooong time left in his recruitment.

OK, I’ll stay on board…but if unc makes even a peep, he’ll go there even if he’s a walk on.

clt says not so fast my friend. that program will be in the middle of massive sanctions.

The Good Kid: A Sports Writer’s Son Becomes a Basketball Star

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:10, topic:30210”]The Good Kid: A Sports Writer’s Son Becomes a Basketball Star

http://www.charlottemagazine.com/Charlotte-Magazine/April-2016/The-Good-Kid-A-Sports-Writer-His-Basketball-Star-Son/[/quote]Read that earlier, good read.

Man is he ever an exact replica of his dad. Looks just like him.

I’d love it if Trey came to play for Price. Would be a great mentor.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:12, topic:30210”]Man is he ever an exact replica of his dad. Looks just like him.

I’d love it if Trey came to play for Price. Would be a great mentor.[/quote]
It would not surprise me if he ended up at Davidson. Small private school (like his high school), home of Steph Curry (looks up to him), good academics (Langston specifically mentioned how important that is to him and Mom), and sadly, they are a pretty good basketball school. But, Bob McKillop would be 67 when Wertz arrived on Campus, and 71 when he graduated, so maybe that isn’t as good a fit as I thought. Maybe we should all send McKillop birthday cards (July 13) wishing him a pleasant retirement for the next few years.

I could see that, but like you said, McKillop is getting up there.

I wouldn’t underestimate Langston looking up to Price. I worked with him just long enough to get a sense of what he is like, and I could definitely see it. He may prefer a private school, but I think a guy like Price (and his ability to prep Trey for the NBA) might be a higher priority.

Any idea what Trey wants to study? Its not like our academics are dog mess. We have several really good programs.

clt asks how a reporter is able to pay for p day?

Hopefully I do not step on any toes here, but Country Day, Providence Day, Latin, etc. offer great scholarships to students of color in an effort to increase diversity. I think these kids are typically good students that can hold their own there, but financially could not attend. Wertz may be on scholarship.

i’d say a pretty good chance. bright. athletic talent. poised. not hard to figure!
the sort of player price wants…if he has the potential.

Rice offered today.

Rice offered?

Rice offered the chance to lose to the Charlotte 49ers 2 times per year… 3 times if you are lucky??

[quote=“Nugget, post:13, topic:30210”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:12, topic:30210”]Man is he ever an exact replica of his dad. Looks just like him.

I’d love it if Trey came to play for Price. Would be a great mentor.[/quote]
It would not surprise me if he ended up at Davidson. Small private school (like his high school), home of Steph Curry (looks up to him), good academics (Langston specifically mentioned how important that is to him and Mom), and sadly, they are a pretty good basketball school. But, Bob McKillop would be 67 when Wertz arrived on Campus, and 71 when he graduated, so maybe that isn’t as good a fit as I thought. Maybe we should all send McKillop birthday cards (July 13) wishing him a pleasant retirement for the next few years.[/quote]

Is his son the heir apparent?