Welcome to Welcome

A running thread on the trials and tribulations of some of NC’s finest.

Welcome To Welcome - Scott Collier

I watched that entire video and astonishingly overcame the repeated urge to kill myself.

I just want to know who the dance choreographer was for the shoot. They choked, big time. Great special effects with the go-carts though.

A little backstory first…

Annette is our protagonist, a hopeless romantic from a small town in NC. She loves facebook, Bowman Gray racing, her family, and listening to music on youtube and dedicating them to her friends and family.

Then there is her son peewee. He’s a racing and goat enthusiast. He’s got big dreams of bringing that ol winston cup back to welcome!

Michael is her troubled son. In an out of trouble with the law, he’s got a wild streak no one can tame.

Her dad (Pops) is full of timely and insightful advice she will never listen too.

She has a stable of love interests that rotate in and out, most recently being Chad, Sam, and Robert. Chad is up next in the rotation and is her self described “rock”, despite only meeting him 4 days ago.

I need more please.

Well, Annette is getting ready for a difficult morning ahead…

WELL FIXEN TO LAY IN THE FLOOR LISTENING TO MY NEICE TALK IN HER SLEEP LMAO ITS FUNNY. WELL TRY TO GET SOME REST CANT DO IT NOT IN MY BABYS ARM TONIGHT GOT COURT IN THE MORNING FOR MY SON.KNOWING ITS NOT GOING TO GO GOOD AFTER COURT I KNOW IM GOING TO NEED HIM AND MY FAMILY THERE BY MY SIDE LIFE IS A ROCKY ROAD BUT I GOT A GREAT GUY IN MY LIFE NOW THAT IS GOING TO MAKE IT A MUCH BETTER ROAD FOR ME. I LOVE YOU CHAD ******* FOR EVER AND ALWAYS UR NOT GOING NO WHERE UR HERE TO STAY.
And her ex boyfriend Robert would like us all to remember the importance of honoring your mother this mothers day.
TO ALL THOSE OUT THERE WHO DISRESPECT YOUR "MOTHER" THIS IS THE DAY TO MAKE A CHANGE BY MAKING HER HAPPY!!!! START BY SPENDING TIME WITH HER AND TELL HER YOUR SORRY AND YOU LOVE HER, BUY HER SOME ROSES/FLOWERS, TAKE HER OUT TO DINNER OR COOK FOR HER!!! SHE COOKED FOR YOU MOST OF YOUR LIFE, ONE DAY COOKING FOR HER WONT KILL YA!!! YOU HERD IT BEFORE & NOW YOUR GONNA HERE IT AGAIN!!! IN LIFE YOU CAN HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF FATHERS, BUT YOU ONLY GET ONE MOTHER!!!! SO TRY MAKING THE LAST YEARS OF HER LIFE THE HAPPYEST, CAUSE WHEN SHE'S GONE YOUR GONNA WISH YOU HAD!!!!

I’m gonna have to pay these folks a visit. Welcome is all of 5 minutes from my house.

Of course, contrary to the findings of this wonderful docu-drame, my wife is from Welcome and grew up to be completely normal, functional member of society and a Charlotte Alumna. Looks like she was part of the 1%.

New idea: Cookout @ Casa de Drummer one Saturday, followed by an impromput visit to see these folks over in Welcome, and capped off with a trip to Bowman-Gray (J_Felt’s new hangout).

Imagine what he could do with Climax or Apex.

That was horrible.

I also live about 5 minutes outside of thriving metropolis that is Welcome.

I would like to say that I am surprised to hear that person is from Welcome but that would be a lie.

I definitely need to run into these people sometime. I can always use a good laugh.

I just love how these people HAVE to type in all CAPS.

I’ve had “Welcome to Welcome” stuck in my head for 4 days straight.

DAMN YOU CASSTOMMY!!!

[quote=“J Felt, post:12, topic:26765”]I’ve had “Welcome to Welcome” stuck in my head for 4 days straight.

DAMN YOU CASSTOMMY!!![/quote]

This will get it out!

3 Second Rule - Lisa Gail

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe

Know who else is from Welcome?

Charlotte 49ers QB Karsten Miller. That’s who.

If Annette finds this out will we be her Walmart team? Her pimping the 9ers on FB to her friends could pay benefits. PeeWee will have to change his bed sheets though.

In that video the main thing I noticed is Richard Childress sure must have used a plastic surgeon from Welcome. That new face of his is scary!!

I knew this was your jam.

I knew this was your jam.[/quote]

Good to see Powerbait enjoying yet another Canadian icon.

Quote from: J Felt on Today at 12:17:02 PM I've had "Welcome to Welcome" stuck in my head for 4 days straight.

DAMN YOU CASSTOMMY!!!

This will get it out!

Good Lord Mullins! I managed to suffer through Ms. Gail’s video until the antique camel toe flash at 1:26.

I’m going to scrub my eyes - and try to forget that song forever.

The F is this???