10 Years of NN.N

I was on the Charlotte.com board as well as the GoCarolinas board. I never migrated over to CUSA-Talk.

[font=tahoma]Date Registered:[/font][font=tahoma]January 15, 2005, 07:29:00 pm[/font][/quote]

Same here. I didn’t post much at all, but remember the charlotte.com and GoCarolinas board.

Been here since September 2004. Funny that the folks that showed me this place have not posted here in a long time.[/quote]

I got my name from another (probably well known) Niner fan back on the GC board. Am forever indebted to him for that.

I do remember when it was just a dozen or so of us back then - on GC, CNNSI, then eventually CUSA talk and Charlotte.com before this place. It was like crack back then. Was always afraid I’d miss something amazing like the 49erDiva event if I logged off.

Thanks to Mac for putting up a place for this motley cast of characters for the past 10+ years.

Would love to see some of the old names back.

NNN vs the late David Poole

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=14134.0

Date Registered: June 14, 2004, 01:54:18 pm
I don’t remember the day I registered, just like I don’t remember my last trip to the NCAAs. Good times. ::slight_smile:

March 10, 2008, 12:15:59 pm

Inspired by the heroics of Leemire Goldwire’s Senior season, a 21 year old joined in anticipation of the 2008 Atlantic 10 Tournament where this happened…

Since joining, I have been at every Men’s Basketball [D1] game played in the city of Charlotte, all 90 of them, 88 in Halton.

Top 5 Games/Moments:

1. Davidson, December 2011
  2. Temple, January 2010
  3. Xavier, February 2009
  4. UMass, February 2013
  5. Saint Louis, January 2010

Bottom 5 Games/Moments:

1. UMass, March 2010
  2. Xavier, March 2008
  3. Dayton, February 2013
  4. Clemson, November 2008
  5. East Tennessee State, November 2011

Joined in December 2004 in time to see our last trip to the NCAA tournament.

Just for nostalgia I’ll bring back the David Booker avatar in hopes that it turns around our basketball program.

[font=Tahoma][size=13px]Date Registered:[/size][/font][font=Tahoma][/size][size=13px]January 31, 2005, 07:11:24 am[/size][/font][font=Tahoma][/size][/font][font=Tahoma][/size][/font][font=Tahoma][/size][size=13px]Long time Charlotte.com board member when Larry was running it, then went over to TBR, then landed here.[/size][/font]

Date Registered: November 09, 2007, 11:19:00 pm

I joined after a night of chalking the campus for Ron Paul with 49or bust.

My favorite moments here since joining are being threatened to be banned from the board for breaking the news of Jon Lipsitz leaving for Kentucky and being called an Observer apologist.

If I said it’s been a fun ride I’d be lying.

[quote=“BigBangGinger, post:24, topic:28690”]

March 10, 2008, 12:15:59 pm

Inspired by the heroics of Leemire Goldwire’s Senior season, a 21 year old joined in anticipation of the 2008 Atlantic 10 Tournament where this happened…

Since joining, I have been at every Men’s Basketball [D1] game played in the city of Charlotte, all 90 of them, 88 in Halton.

Top 5 Games/Moments:

1. Davidson, December 2011
  2. Temple, January 2010
  3. Xavier, February 2009
  4. UMass, February 2013
  5. Saint Louis, January 2010

Bottom 5 Games/Moments:

1. UMass, March 2010
  2. Xavier, March 2008
  3. Dayton, February 2013
  4. Clemson, November 2008
  5. East Tennessee State, November 2011[/quote]

Rook :slight_smile: … Registered here in 2005, but been on our boards since gocarolinas.com

Date Registered: October 31, 2005, 08:52:53 amAparently it was a Monday. Not sure why I was searching on Halloween morning? Likely getting pumped just prior to Wither’s senior season.
Believe that season had promise with Withers, EJ Drayton, Baldwin, D. Alexander and Marcus Bennett.

LOTS of hours on here since then. Addiction/Obessession come to mind. Don’t post often but visit/read daily. Not sure how I still have a job or wife! ;D

[quote=“casstommy, post:22, topic:28690”]NNN vs the late David Poole

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=14134.0[/quote]

I forgot about that one. Great read.

I joined on June 12th 2004.
I battled VCU and Va Tech people on the AOL boards with NA in the early 90’s before we joined CUSA. I dislike Memphis to this day because of the AOL boards.
I remember getting propped by Real for something I wrote on the GoCarolinas board and feeling great about that.
I hope to hit 2000 posts in 2015.
Thanks Mac,for all of this.

tintin

[quote=“NovaNiner, post:30, topic:28690”][quote=“casstommy, post:22, topic:28690”]NNN vs the late David Poole

I forgot about that one. Great read.[/quote]

I was not very nice to David…

Those aren't marbles, my guess is Milk Duds. You don't wiegh 4 bills without a little help.

How many times has metro been banned in 10 years?

Date registered - June 6, 2004. Before that it was the GoCarolina’s board.
Met lots of great people through this board and it remains the best way to get all the good (and bad) info related to all things Niner.
My sincerest thanks to Mac for all his hard work and for those that help him out from time to time.
Here’s two another decade on NN.N

[quote=“s9er, post:32, topic:28690”][quote=“NovaNiner, post:30, topic:28690”][quote=“casstommy, post:22, topic:28690”]NNN vs the late David Poole

Those aren't marbles, my guess is Milk Duds. You don't wiegh 4 bills without a little help.
[/quote]

But you made me laugh and that’s what counts.

So much “wasted” (some would say) time on here. It’s actually pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

Since we’re doing this:
Date registered - June 11, 2004, 10:35:00 am

Fun to look at things like when I post.

[quote=“s9er, post:32, topic:28690”][quote=“NovaNiner, post:30, topic:28690”][quote=“casstommy, post:22, topic:28690”]NNN vs the late David Poole

[/quote]

There’s some good stuff in that Poole thread. That Over40NINER poster seemed pretty sharp.

3 words…POLE VAULT THREAD!!! anyone? anyone?

clt thinks the Baghdad bob days were brilliant.