10 Years of NN.N

on of NNN’s best posts. From 2007 right before the student vote on football. Where have you gone Thomas Paine? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you!

[font=tahoma][size=13px]These are the times that try men's souls. [/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=13px] The summer student and the sunshine alumnus will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their university; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as football should not be highly rated. Chapel Hill, with an army of to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right, not only to underfund, but “to BIND us in a UNC system” and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God. [/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=13px]Whether the football study was declared too soon, or delayed too long, I will not now enter into as an argument; my own simple opinion is, that had it been eight years earlier, it would have been much better. We did not make a proper use of the last couple years, neither could we, while we were in the Atlantic 10. However, the fault, if it were one, was all our own; we have none to blame but ourselves. But no great deal is lost yet. All that Judy has been doing for these years past, is rather a ravage than a conquest, which the spirit of the Niners will soon recover.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=13px] I have as little superstition in me as any man living, but my secret opinion has ever been, and still is, that God Almighty will not give up a people to live without football, or leave them unsupportedly to perish, who have so earnestly and so repeatedly sought to avoid the calamities of this administration, by every decent method which wisdom could invent. Neither have I so much of the infidel in me, as to suppose that He has relinquished the campus of Charlotte, and given us up to the care of devils; and as I do not, I cannot see on what grounds the Chancellor of UNC Charlotte can look up to heaven for help against us: a common murderer, a highwayman, or a house-breaker, has as good a pretence as he.[/size][/font]

Wonderded the same.

[quote=“49r9r, post:38, topic:28690”][quote=“s9er, post:32, topic:28690”][quote=“NovaNiner, post:30, topic:28690”][quote=“casstommy, post:22, topic:28690”]NNN vs the late David Poole

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=14134.0[/quote]

I forgot about that one. Great read.[/quote]

I was not very nice to David…

Those aren't marbles, my guess is Milk Duds. You don't wiegh 4 bills without a little help.
[/quote]

There’s some good stuff in that Poole thread. That Over40NINER poster seemed pretty sharp.[/quote]
Over was a legend…did you ever meet him? ;D :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“casstommy, post:41, topic:28690”]on of NNN’s best posts. From 2007 right before the student vote on football. Where have you gone Thomas Paine? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you!

[font=tahoma][size=13px]These are the times that try men's souls. [/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=13px] The summer student and the sunshine alumnus will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their university; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as football should not be highly rated. Chapel Hill, with an army of to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right, not only to underfund, but “to BIND us in a UNC system” and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God. [/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=13px]Whether the football study was declared too soon, or delayed too long, I will not now enter into as an argument; my own simple opinion is, that had it been eight years earlier, it would have been much better. We did not make a proper use of the last couple years, neither could we, while we were in the Atlantic 10. However, the fault, if it were one, was all our own; we have none to blame but ourselves. But no great deal is lost yet. All that Judy has been doing for these years past, is rather a ravage than a conquest, which the spirit of the Niners will soon recover.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=13px] I have as little superstition in me as any man living, but my secret opinion has ever been, and still is, that God Almighty will not give up a people to live without football, or leave them unsupportedly to perish, who have so earnestly and so repeatedly sought to avoid the calamities of this administration, by every decent method which wisdom could invent. Neither have I so much of the infidel in me, as to suppose that He has relinquished the campus of Charlotte, and given us up to the care of devils; and as I do not, I cannot see on what grounds the Chancellor of UNC Charlotte can look up to heaven for help against us: a common murderer, a highwayman, or a house-breaker, has as good a pretence as he.[/size][/font]

[/quote]

clt says Paine was the best poster evah.

[font=tahoma][size=13px]June 11, 2004, 01:26:00 pm[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=1em]June 11th must have been the day mac lifted the velvet rope to let the masses start filtering in. Arcade was cash in those days.
[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=1em]Favorite moment was Shoutboxing with Mike Beasley and his mother and one of our then students telling her that he hopes Beasley hurts his leg after he de-committed. [/size][/font]

Date Registered: June 11, 2004, 04:52:10 pm

Best college message board ever. We’ve always been ahead of the curve here.

[quote=“austinniner, post:46, topic:28690”]Date Registered: June 11, 2004, 04:52:10 pm

Best college message board ever. We’ve always been ahead of the curve here.[/quote]

Certainly one of the best looking/easiest to navigate. It pains me to visit boneyard banter, etc.

June 11, 2004, 09:45:00 am

Done. Be nice to see a progress bar, again.

June 09, 2004, 04:27:36 pm

Where would we be without NN.N? Who would we argue with? It’s best not to think about it.

[quote=“NLP49, post:45, topic:28690”][font=tahoma][size=13px]June 11, 2004, 01:26:00 pm[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=1em]June 11th must have been the day mac lifted the velvet rope to let the masses start filtering in. Arcade was cash in those days.
[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=1em]Favorite moment was Shoutboxing with Mike Beasley and his mother and one of our then students telling her that he hopes Beasley hurts his leg after he de-committed. [/size][/font][/quote]

I had forgotten about the arcade!! That was nice!!

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:51, topic:28690”][quote=“NLP49, post:45, topic:28690”][font=tahoma][size=13px]June 11, 2004, 01:26:00 pm[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=1em]Favorite moment was Shoutboxing with Mike Beasley and his mother and one of our then students telling her that he hopes Beasley hurts his leg after he de-committed. [/size][/font][/quote]

I had forgotten about the arcade!! That was nice!![/quote]

I miss Crab Ball, Run’N’Gun Football and Curve Ball :frowning:

[font=Tahoma][size=13px]June 14, 2004, 01:48:48 pm[/size][/font]

I wish the performance of our athletic teams was on par with our message board over these same 10 years… We’d all be very happy.

Wonderded the same.

http://youtu.be/CRfpox-tEf4[/quote]

It’s great you have your original name. This is your original name right?

clt blames the kings.

March 22, 2005, 07:09:00 pm

I check this board more than any other website. Even reddit

[quote=“casstommy, post:22, topic:28690”]NNN vs the late David Poole

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=14134.0[/quote]

Anyone remember clt’s lashing of David Poole? I believe it was on CUSA-Talk. One of the best post’s in all of our message board’s history. That was clt’s coming out party.

October 12, 2007, 02:45:00 am

Typical night owl college night.