11/22 Scores of interest -- Cats top UMass

Not a good night for the A-10 as the league went 1-4. Should have been at least 2-3, but UMass choked against Davidson.

A-10:
Arkansas-Pine Bluff 64, Duquesne 56
Davidson 66, UMass 63
UVa 59, Richmond 43
Utah 66, Rhode Island 50
Saint Louis 69, Eastern Illinois 45

OOC:
Davidson 66, UMass 63
Rutgers 49, Delaware State 42

I went to the Davidson-UMass game last night. Tight game until halfway through the 2nd half when the Minutemen went on a run and built a 10 point lead with about 7 minutes to go. UMass should have won but didn’t make very good decisions down the stretch, allowing the Cats back in the game. Stephan Lasme is a stud for UMass (10 pts, 11 rbs, 9 blocks), but Rashaun Freeman did not impress me at all. The Cats will be a tough out for the Niners. If we don’t shut down Ian Johnson (20 pts, 9 rbs), then Davidson could pick up a W in Halton.

BTW, Duquesne needs to go ahead and fire Danny Nee now. Losing your home opener to Ark-Pine Bluff (are they even DI?) is terrible!

Couple more (OOC):

Delaware 72
Georgia St. 99

LA Lafayette 76
Tennessee 83

Northern Colorado 70
Wyoming 83

At this point, we need to hope that Wyoming wins the Mountain West, and Northwestern finishes respectably in the Big 10.

i went to the davidson duke game. winters is good and thats about it for them.

[QUOTE=run49er;140725]BTW, Duquesne needs to go ahead and fire Danny Nee now. Losing your home opener to Ark-Pine Bluff (are they even DI?) is terrible![/QUOTE]

Hey! My uncle once played basketball at A-PB and he could make a free throw and dribble between his legs!

Watch the negative A-PB talk. Thanks.

[QUOTE=run49er;140725]
I went to the Davidson-UMass game last night. [/QUOTE]

I was also there. UMass gave it away down the stretch.

[QUOTE=NinerUpNorth;140734]Hey! My uncle once played basketball at A-PB and he could make a free throw and dribble between his legs!

Watch the negative A-PB talk. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

I originally wanted to fly up to Charlotte for this game (I moved for Massachusetts to Tampa, Florida 3 months ago) but I have a lot of family down here for the holidays. It’s disapointing to lose a winnable game, especially against a good team like Davidson, but at least we are playing well for the most part. I curious to see how St Joe’s does at Davidson.

NUN, no disrespect for UAPB intended. Duquesne just had no business losing its home opener to a SWAC opponent (especially one that had lost to Creighton 3 nights before 87-55). Nee’s a “dead man walking” and it’ll be interesting to see if the decent 2006 class he signed ends up at DU or not. I’ve heard Norm Nixon is interested in returning to coach his alma mater, so we’ll see.

As far as Saturday’s Davidson-St. Joe’s game, if the Hawks don’t win by 15-20 points, I’ll be surprised. UMass shut down Winters but couldn’t contain Johnson (in spite of Lasme’s 9 blocks!).

Halftime scores of the 4 A-10 losses last night:

Duquesne 23
UAPB 22

Davidson 35
UMass 34

Rhode Island 24
Utah 23

Virginia 26
Richmond 25

Hmmm…

I wish the A-10 really was the A-10 instead of the A-14, I mean some of the teams can barely compete against the lowest level division 1 teams.

WOW!!!

Learn to close out a game!!!

URI is playing a lot better than I expected them too. I believe that the bottom 3 teams of the A10 will probably be St. Bonaventure, Duquense, and Fordham.

Without those three teams the A10 would be a very strong basketball league.

How about Gonzaga over Mich. St. in 3OTs?

I wish the A-10 really was the A-10 instead of the A-14, I mean some of the teams can barely compete against the lowest level division 1 teams.

With the results Charlotte’s posted thus far, this is a thought that we should try to keep quiet!

True, right now we have the worst record in the A-10 and we are playing like the worst team in the league.

Davidson is going to kick our ass this year :frowning:

[QUOTE=Savio;141194]Davidson is going to kick our ass this year :([/QUOTE]

I know how much we love to hang on to the “ugly brain” trophy. Besides, it would not be right to go a whole year without it in the trophy case. Let’s get back on track and get ready for the cats by winning at GA state tomorrow. Go Niners !