11th Annual TIAA-CREF Alumni Golf Classic

http://unccharlottealumni.org/s/1017/index.aspx?sid=1017&gid=1&pgid=252&cid=1169&ecid=1169&crid=0&calpgid=13&calcid=664

Monday October 12, registration at 8:30, shotgun start at 9:30.

Pine Island Country Club

Info is up on the Alumni Association site. They are offering a discount for foursomes this year. The date is Columbus day which is nice for those who get the government holidays off. Very fun event, it’s $125/person or $449/foursome, that includes a small breakfast, good lunch, free run of the beer cart and a nice entry gift (it is usually a nice alumni polo, last year it was a nice tailgating cooler).

I’m good for a foursome.

I beg to disagree that you’re good. I’m in.

[QUOTE=HP49er;426057]I beg to disagree that you’re good. I’m in.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t say that the my foursome would be good, I just meant that we’d be there. That’s about all I can say for us!

BTW it is worth mentioning that the proceeds from the tournament benefit the Alumni Association’s Dr. Gregory Davis Scholarship Fund. The Davis Fund provides needs based scholarships to deserving UNC Charlotte students. It’s a good cause named in honor of an outstanding 49er.

The deadline to register for this is Monday, October 5th for those who are interested.

Spots still available, nice goodies for participating too!

Too much $$ for me at the moment, that money is going towards the FSLs. Maybe next year.

I’m interested, anyone have an open spot??

The deadline for registering in Monday, October 5. There are still some spots open, it doesn’t matter if you’re a good golfer or not. Come out and enjoy the day!

ONE FINAL BUMP!

I just signed up and will be playing with Mr. Bojangles so if you are thinking about playing, get registered and request to play with us.

We may need a fourth. Waiting to check with jdm. We’ll know by Wed. Anyone looking to play that help Team Lefty reclaim its’ trophy?

Team Lefty-Normmm is locked and loaded. Just added a BIG hitter!!! Watch out Hummer and company.

Even though it rained most of the day, I still had a great time. I really like the Alumni sweatshirt they gave out from 49erfanatics. Very nice!!

Thanks for the golf tips Jimmyhat!! I’ll have my swing down before next years tourney…

Congratulations to Team Lefty!

I was all over the course today (several times). I may have missed a few things but this was the strange item for the event…

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=HP49er;435901]Congratulations to Team Lefty!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My team was on fire on the front nine. Nine under after 9. I don’t think we’ve ever had rain for this event in the 12 yrs it’s been held.

Good turnout and well organized tournament with good food, giveways, and prizes. Thanks to 49erFanatics for the nice green golf pullover.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;435956]Thanks! My team was on fire on the front nine. Nine under after 9. I don’t think we’ve ever had rain for this event in the 12 yrs it’s been held.

Good turnout and well organized tournament with good food, giveways, and prizes. Thanks to 49erFanatics for the nice green golf pullover.[/QUOTE]

So I take it that you guys won again? Woulda been the same result if I had played… :biggrin:

Who won the TV?

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;435898]Thanks for the golf tips [/QUOTE]I’m sure any tips he gave you are some of the ones I gave him a few of years ago. :shades:

I hate I had to miss this year’s event. Nick, did you save me one of those green golf pullovers?

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;435998]Who won the TV?[/QUOTE]

Bill Whitaker, former President of the Alumni Assoc. the fix must have been in to give him a nice parting gift.