'17-'18 Basketball Wins Over/Under: 15.5

I didnā€™t estimate in the great optimism on this board when setting the over under at 15.5. Especially with our past few years. Iā€™ll revise tonight and create a new poll.

Is Mac sending happy pills to everyone? I didnā€™t get mine.

With the added size and additional maturity this team should have the ability to post respectable record. They must get off to a good start because we have a stretch where we only play 3 out of 12 games at home.

Like ppl have stated, a good bit of unknowns out there, but def a little optimistic since we finally have some decent size down low. Would like to be 5-2 going into our Wake Forest game at home and pack that place like I know it can be. Last decent sized crowd, Iā€™ve been to was the Miami game.

[quote=ā€œcibik02, post:21, topic:31120ā€]I didnā€™t estimate in the great optimism on this board when setting the over under at 15.5. Especially with our past few years. Iā€™ll revise tonight and create a new poll.

Is Mac sending happy pills to everyone? I didnā€™t get mine.[/quote]
These are the same people who thought we were set at the QB position.

[quote=ā€œcibik02, post:21, topic:31120ā€]I didnā€™t estimate in the great optimism on this board when setting the over under at 15.5. Especially with our past few years. Iā€™ll revise tonight and create a new poll.

Is Mac sending happy pills to everyone? I didnā€™t get mine.[/quote]

Well, I think expectations are super low, to be fair. 16 wins in this league means you are still a really bad team. UAB had 16 wins last year and had a 200 RPI. I think we can improve to that level, but that level is still bad (though probably .500 in CUSA).

Not sure Iā€™m as optimistic about the level of our improvement. I see alot about our ā€˜sizeā€™, but all we did was trade a 6ā€™10ā€™ā€™ juco for 7 foot Benas. Yes, Haslem is thicker and unknown (so we assume he is better), but honestly, he is not a heralded recruit. And he will need help as he canā€™t play 40 mins a game nor can he play aggressive on D as heā€™ll get into foul trouble.

Where will that come from? A 6ā€™8ā€™ā€™ Supica? Maybe. He didnā€™t have a lot of recruiting interest, but you never know. A 6ā€™8ā€™ā€™ Thomas? Good shotblocker in HS, but probably not bulky enough at this point. Maybe Najee is stronger now and can help more, that may be our best shot.

I do think we will be better at the 1-3 spots as Ajukwa should improve, hopefully Davis and Andrien do so as well. Not sure who the backup pg will be - not that there are a ton of minutes there, but that should be interesting.

As far as the next yearā€™s squad being even better that will depend on one thing and one thing only: JD staying. Iā€™d expect him to test waters after this year if he has a good year.

We all saw how well we did two years ago with a decent big. I think that the Juco will be hard pressed to match what Uchebo did, especially on the boards. However, having a serviceable big inside puts a lot of pressure on the defense allowing for opportune rebounds/points. I think we will have another slow start, but pick up steam as the season goes on. We are over 15.5, but will gain just enough hope to say wait until next year. So goes another season as a niner fan.

clt says size king price struggles coaching bigs.

Beans will be a lottery pick.