2,000 C-SET shirts and sign contest for Memphis

Matt mentioned it during the broadcast and I see it was discussed in the Students step up thread. I sure hope it’s green or white. Also, instead of going to the 1st 2,000 students, maybe they could be given to the first 2,000 lower level students as they enter their section. They could put them on the seats but some people may not show up and it doesn’t provide as much incentive.

Also, there will be a sign contest. Best C-SET sign/posters win prizes.

I’m glad C-SET is behind us. It’s a lot more than other local TV Stations have done. I believe WAXN dropped us for the SEC package a few years back.

I feel quite certain the shirts will be green.

Let’s hope all the students put them on & wear them.

Good stuff!! Wake started handing out their tie-die shirts several years back to all of the fans and that is what got it started–ie Wake would never have gotten that going without handing them out for free.

Wake has occasionally put a shirt on every seat downstairs for big nationally televised games. They did so for the Texas game this year, but not Duke or any of the few other acc games that I attended.

This is a great plan that we have for Wednesday. I am really looking forward to seeing our students wearing their new green shirts.

Please be green.

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 02:21 PM [b] Please be green. [/b]
I feel pretty sure they will be green. Why would they be any other color?
[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER+Feb 20 2005, 02:23 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Over40NINER @ Feb 20 2005, 02:23 PM)

C49er, you make good points, but I think the CSET knows what they are doing & will provide green shirts.

[b]Also, there will be a sign contest. Best C-SET sign/posters win prizes.[/b]

Tixs(5) to the Bobcat vs Heat game. I’ll take them off anybody hands for $5 a piece :smiley:

Do green shirts cost more than white shirts? If not, I don’t see why they would not be green.

[b]The same reason our Athletic Dept and sponsors throw out white t-shirts at the games, and the same reason that the students in game contests wear bright blue t-shirts sponsored by Pepsi.[/b]

If Dale Halton said wear pink shirts for the Pepsi events at games, I’d have no problem with that. Let’s let at least her off the hook…

I don’t think its just students…end zone to end zone. TV viewing side. Mostly students though.

The reason the shirts they throw out at games are not green is because for the most part they are Pepsi CUSA Womens Basketball Tourney T-shirts. Since not all the teams in CUSA are green the shirts cannot be green. It just makes logical sense. In case you all didnt know the womens tournament is in Charlotte this year. By throwing the shirts away at mens games they hope in return you will come out and support your womens squad who needs to win the tounrey in order to make the NCAA tounrey.

The dates are March 3-6 (Thurs-Sun)

C harlotte is
S uperior in
E veryway
T o Memphis

Tintin

[i]Originally posted by A-10 bound[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 07:31 PM [b] The reason the shirts they throw out at games are not green is because for the most part they are Pepsi CUSA Womens Basketball Tourney T-shirts. Since not all the teams in CUSA are green the shirts cannot be green. It just makes logical sense. In case you all didnt know the womens tournament is in Charlotte this year. By throwing the shirts away at mens games they hope in return you will come out and support your womens squad who needs to win the tounrey in order to make the NCAA tounrey.

The dates are March 3-6 (Thurs-Sun) [/b]

Yeah, and the reason the grey shirts they throw out aren’t green is because they say Q’doba on them.

That makes total sense.

they were giving out cset tshirts at the last women’s game and they were white with the orange and blue cset logo

but i don’t know if they’ll have something a little more supportive this time

as long as they are not …tie dye. thats gay. anyway everyone will wear them just like the headbands that were past out last year. everyone wore them so everbody will wear the shirts, great idea finally!!! lets kick some memphis vagina!!

whoooooooooo!!!

Since I am not a student and am up in the upper deck, there is no need for me to make a sign. Here is my suggestion:

C harlotte
S macks
E very
T iger

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 02:23 PM [b] I feel pretty sure they will be green. Why would they be any other color? [/b]
You never know with us. Last time Memphis was here someone got the bright idea to but the band in blue Pepsi shirts. The blue just happend to be memphis blue.

Very humiliating.

… and maybe we could have “Y-Dance” come out in some nifty blue and grey outifts!!!

THE SHIRT IS WHITE CAUSE ITS TO EXPENSIVE FOR GREEN… WHAT A JIP!!!