2/14/11 game of zero interest

7:30, Morgan State (7-3, 11-10) at South Carolina State (2-9, 6-18)

Zero interest? What kind of attitude is that? Are you not aware that a SCS win will help our rpi?

It will help? I’ll play along this time.

Charlotte RPI - 194
Morgan State RPI - 226
South Carolina State RPI - 343

FYI, the women’s team defeated #46 Dayton Saturday night by 21 points and their RPI of 41 didn’t move. But watch what happens this week by playing #204 La Salle and #272 Saint Louis.

Aren’t the official NCAA rpi’s only adjusted about once a week? This may be why our women’s rpi did not move after Saturday’s win. Nice to see that HP is being criticized for a little zinger about the importance of one game (He is correct that the game is of no interest). Never mind that the man takes the trouble to post daily games involving our rpi, we demand that he not make fun of our opponents!!! Come on, HP, you have to do better ;D

[quote=“HP49er, post:3, topic:24959”]It will help? I’ll play along this time.

Charlotte RPI - 194
Morgan State RPI - 226
South Carolina State RPI - 343

FYI, the women’s team defeated #46 Dayton Saturday night by 21 points and their RPI of 41 didn’t move. But watch what happens this week by playing #204 La Salle and #272 Saint Louis.[/quote] http://www.collegerpi.com/women/ For anyone interested (that’s you, HP) , here is a site I trust more than Realtime.rpi to be close to the actual NCAA rpi. Our women’s rpi went from 52 to 42 after Saturday according to this site.

I’ll gladly take the punishment from 49er9r, 4ever. Next time I will list a game involving a team that is ranked 343 out of 345 as a game of extreme national interest.

This time I was actually using 49erAlumnus’ favorite RPI site, warrennolan.com for this info. They provide a week-to-week rank but update every 5 minutes too.

And for the record, I can’t care about every game! But I’m going sort of retro this weekend by pulling a doubleheader Saturday. It’s not like the old days when I’d do both Wake Forest and Charlotte games on a Saturday afternoon/night. But I will be watching two former 49ers coach; Bershaun Thompson’s ('94) Pitt Community College visiting Guilford Tech and then over to HPU to see Bobby Kummer ('96) and Appalachian State against the Panthers.

I’m with HP here. My enthusiam for our program is at an all-time low for me. I just don’t care. We are so irrelevent that it hurts. I almost didn’t come to the Xavier game this year because I couldn’t stomach the butt-kicking that I thought we’d receive. I wouldn’t have been able to go to work 5 years ago because I would be too fired up for a big opponent. To my astonishment, we actually won! Then I lost my excitement after the GW downer.

Some of you younger guys just don’t understand how exciting Halton was from '96-'05. With the exception of Temple during last year’s good start, we haven’t had a meaningful game there in 6 years! Think about that. That scares me.

I have gone to a Charlotte-area high school game every Tues and Fri just to get my basketball fix for the year. I’m certainly not getting it from my Niners.

[quote=“N1NER, post:7, topic:24959”]I’m with HP here. My enthusiam for our program is at an all-time low for me. I just don’t care. We are so irrelevent that it hurts. I almost didn’t come to the Xavier game this year because I couldn’t stomach the butt-kicking that I thought we’d receive. I wouldn’t have been able to go to work 5 years ago because I would be too fired up for a big opponent. To my astonishment, we actually won! Then I lost my excitement after the GW downer.

Some of you younger guys just don’t understand how exciting Halton was from '96-'05. With the exception of Temple during last year’s good start, we haven’t had a meaningful game there in 6 years! Think about that. That scares me.

I have gone to a Charlotte-area high school game every Tues and Fri just to get my basketball fix for the year. I’m certainly not getting it from my Niners.[/quote]

I agree with all of this EXCEPT the part I bolded above. I DO CARE!!! Thats the problem!!! I care as much as I ever did prior to 2005. Difference is from 1988 through 2005 we tended to be pretty damn good. Now… :’(

You should never say you don’t care about any of our sports program, especially basketball. You don’t cheer on a team just because they’re doing well, that is called a bandwagon…

We have to stay strong and always hope for the best from our boys and that support will soon pay off.

We must care

Caring about our program and caring about a SC State game are nowhere near the same. Our program is at the depths right now, but we can still believe that it will recover. Our recovery will have nothing to do with whether our rpi THIS YEAR is low or still lower. That is why the SC State game is not relevant.

oh i dont give a dump about SC State, i was just responding to this whining comment.
“I’m with HP here. My enthusiam for our program is at an all-time low for me. I just don’t care”

[quote=“get_gold78, post:11, topic:24959”]oh i dont give a dump about SC State, i was just responding to this whining comment.
“I’m with HP here. My enthusiam for our program is at an all-time low for me. I just don’t care”[/quote] I get that.

Morgan State 72, South Carolina State 66

Charlotte RPI - 194 yesterday, 194 today
Morgan State RPI - 226 yesterday, 225 today
South Carolina State RPI - 343 yesterday, 343 today