The Citadel 68

ALABAMA 59
LSU 61

ATLANTIC 10

DAYTON 68
ST. BONAVENTURE 61

ST. JOSEPH’S 63
TEMPLE 56

[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 11:27 PM [b] [u]NON-CONFERENCE[/u]

DAVIDSON 75
The Citadel 68

ALABAMA 59
LSU 61 [/b]

davidson continues to roll. what happened to bama in this game?!?! sheeesh.

[i]Originally posted by Anborn+Feb 23 2005, 01:37 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Anborn @ Feb 23 2005, 01:37 AM)
[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 11:27 PM [b][b]ST. JOSEPH'S 63[/b] TEMPLE 56[/b]
Gregg Doyel's comments on last nights Temple-Saint Joseph's game:
[b][b]Doyel's Dribbles

Chaney wrong to send in the goon[/b]

Feb. 23, 9:03 a.m.

Consider this condescending if you must, but here goes:

I’m worried for Temple’s John Chaney.

The man has done too much for college basketball, been too good and strong and morally sound, to go out in a flurry of ugliness. But unless he starts showing something he demands from his players – discipline – all bets are off.

Chaney’s latest self-inflicted black eye came Tuesday night when he inserted 6-foot-8, 250-pound senior scrub Nehemiah Ingram into a losing effort against Saint Joseph’s to extract a pound of flesh from the Hawks.

"I’m sending a message,’ Chaney told reporters after the game. “And I’m going to send in what we used to do years ago – send in the goons.”

Chaney felt Saint Joseph’s was getting away with illegal screens. Officials disagreed, but Chaney might have been right. Maybe Saint Joseph’s was guilty of illegal screens. Afterward Chaney screamed at A-10 commissioner Linda Bruno, demanding that those officials never work another Temple game.

Whether Chaney was right or wrong on the officiating is irrelevant. Whatever Saint Joseph’s was doing, or not doing, didn’t deserve Chaney’s response: unleashing Ingram on the Hawks like one of the Hansen brothers from Slapshot.

Ingram fouled out in four minutes – after drilling one Hawk to the floor, elbowing another in the head and getting into a shouting match with a third that resulted in a technical for Ingram.

Chaney’s poor decision Tuesday night came one month after he chose a Philadelphia sports banquet to rip President Bush’s foreign policy. Speech is free, but Chaney went too far. When heckled by members of the crowd, Chaney challenged one to meet him outside.

That was unfortunate, but at least it happened off the basketball court. When Chaney starts doing what he did Tuesday night, he moves one step away from his legacy of righteousness … and one step closer to Woody Hayes.

Not one step farther, John Chaney. Please.[/b]

WOW !! I anticipate some future battle royals between Lutz and Chaney…

Wow… how old is Chaney now? Sounds like he might be getting a little cenile.

5 fouls in 4 minutes… those are Iti type numbers. :huh:

Interesting that Chaney gets called out…but Coach K did the same thing vs. Wake (sent in a walk-on who picked up two quick fouls against Chris Paul). Paul even mentioned it - saying something like “I’ve been seeing that since Jr. High…”