2 Questions for Gamer

1. If the Niners played the tarholes, who would you pull for?

2. If your answer is the tarholes, have you never attended Charlotte or are you simply mentally unstable?

My mental instability is not directly related to having attended Charlotte.
You said that i could have listened to a game on the internet, remember? I asked that you give me more details but havenā€™t heard anything from you. This is the mentality that makes it so difficult for Charlotte to build a program. Rather than realizing that we need to make it possible for those who want to follow the team to do so, bash them for listening to another game.

F the Holes, their fans, and anyone pulling for them on this board, go to your own little tarhole board

Now go do the right thing.

Well put Sf 9er!!!

Iā€™ve heard, seen, and smelled enuff of the baby blue c*** roaches for several life times.

GO NINERS!!!

is there even a gamer? clt has blocked that bozo.

Canā€™t deal with the truth, can you?

I follow Wake Forest and in fact was a huge Wake fan growing up, however, there is no team I would pull for over the Niners. I am sorry that gamer canā€™t do the same.

[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 10:17 AM [b] is there even a gamer? clt has blocked that bozo. [/b]
I hear ya CLT.

I donā€™t know the ā€˜gamerā€™ history with Carolina backing on this board, but unless itā€™s outright bragadocious (is that right?) about them over us, then I donā€™t have a problem with it. I still root for State, and nobody here should tell me not to. Living in NC for half my life before my Niner years will force you to choose an ACC team and live with it for life.

However, if the two play each other - which has happened - itā€™s not even close. If you root for the other team more than Charlotte, then you shouldnā€™t be posting here as a Niner fan. Plain and simple. But I donā€™t have a problem with Carolina fans posting here, as long as theyā€™re Niner fans FIRST. And there are many of those, we canā€™t deny that. But if you disparage us in favor of another team - ever - you may expect severe repurcussions. And you should.
-G-

[i]Originally posted by GMadness[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 07:14 PM [b] But if you disparage us in favor of another team - ever - you may expect severe repurcussions. And you should. [/b]
That sounds an awful lot like Gamer to me.
[i]Originally posted by GMadness[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 07:14 PM [b] I don't know the 'gamer' history with Carolina backing on this board, but unless it's outright bragadocious (is that right?) about them over us, then I don't have a problem with it. I still root for State, and nobody here should tell me not to. Living in NC for half my life before my Niner years will force you to choose an ACC team and live with it for life.

However, if the two play each other - which has happened - itā€™s not even close. If you root for the other team more than Charlotte, then you shouldnā€™t be posting here as a Niner fan. Plain and simple. But I donā€™t have a problem with Carolina fans posting here, as long as theyā€™re Niner fans FIRST. And there are many of those, we canā€™t deny that. But if you disparage us in favor of another team - ever - you may expect severe repurcussions. And you should.
-G- [/b]

GMAD- he wears tarheel hats to our gamesā€¦nuf said.

I also think he is someone that is pulling our chain. Strange way to get your kicks.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF+Dec 30 2004, 07:29 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (UNCCTF @ Dec 30 2004, 07:29 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 09:50 PM [b] I can 100% unequivocally tell you that GMad is not gamer. [/b]
No freakin' duh, Smoothie. What I meant was, it sounded like he was DESCRIBING Gamer.

But I can see where what I said would be misinterpreted. My bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gamer:

Charlotte or UNC, who would you root for?

[i]Originally posted by GMadness[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 08:14 PM [b] I don't know the 'gamer' history with Carolina backing on this board, but unless it's outright bragadocious (is that right?) about them over us, then I don't have a problem with it. I still root for State, and nobody here should tell me not to. Living in NC for half my life before my Niner years will force you to choose an ACC team and live with it for life.

-G- [/b]

[b]Living in NC for half my life before my Niner years will force you to choose an ACC team and live with it for life.[/b]

I respectfully have to disagree with you on this one. Live with it for life?? Iā€™ve lived 99% of my life in NC and could care less for all of them. In fact I probably enjoy seeing them all lose more than I do any other schools in the country. Just seems like a conflict in interest to me.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 10:03 PM [b]Gamer:

Charlotte or UNC, who would you root for?[/b]

Does it matter? Shouldnā€™t there be a thread about the 18,000 students that donā€™t show up at all to the games rather than a guy who puts in the work to get lower level seats? I agree that seeing a UNC hat in 104 isnā€™t a good site, but Iā€™d rather see that than an empty seat. Maybe thatā€™s just me though. Iā€™d take a Halton full of people that are UNC and Charlotte fans over a half full arena of fans who are UNC and Charlotte fans. Itā€™s ignorance to say that the vast majority of the people in that arena donā€™t root for an ACC team as well as Charlotte. You all have heard the reactions when a UNC/State/Duke/Wake score is announced at one of our games. But the fact that they are at our game rather than at home watching those other games on TV says enough for me.

We should be more angry about the people that donā€™t show up rather than a guy with a blue hat on.

Butter,

Iā€™m not blasting the guyā€¦Iā€™m just curious.

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er+Dec 31 2004, 12:46 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Butter49er @ Dec 31 2004, 12:46 AM)
[i]Originally posted by forDniner+Dec 31 2004, 10:52 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (forDniner @ Dec 31 2004, 10:52 AM)
[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 11:03 PM [b] Gamer:

Charlotte or UNC, who would you root for? [/b]

The point is that I donā€™t have to answer that question. I come to games, stand and cheer the team, and go home excited or dissapointed, just like thousands of others.
I have never booed or yelled at a player of ours at the game the way some of our ā€œfansā€ do.
I have been very vocal that i believe that if the Triad area can support 3 or 4 top teams, Charlotte should be able to fill an arena half the size of those consistantly. I make no excuses for saying that if we had people running the athletic dept. and 49er club that did half the job that our team and coaches do, we could pack the house every game.
I will keep supporting the team, and if i need to pull my hat down a little tighter, so be it. Maybe I donā€™t pass some litmus test of what a fan should be, but i will be at the games until you can get rid of me. But dont count on that happening any time soon.