2 SECONDS ??????????????????

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ALLOWING A TEAM TO SCORE ON A INBOUNDS PLAY WITH 2 SECONDS ON THE SHOT CLOCK.

I HAVE FORGIVEN COACH LUTZ & HIS TEAMS OVER THE YEARS FOR MANY THINGS…BUT THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME TO FORGET.

some goes to Lutz, some goes to the players for not communicating.

Soderberg drew up a great play out of his TO.

Lutz, drew up a play that we used 2 or 3 times earlier in the game :weep:

There were SEVERAL occasions during the game when Coach Lutz was being flat out ignored by his players. In one instance, he was calling the press after a nice basket, and nobody even looked his way. He was furious, and this didn’t happen only once…

Thats why I blame this loss on the entire 49ers (coaches & players).

The play was good, but it was the highest percentage (IMO) play they could run to get points. If you guard NOTHING ELSE, that’s the one thing you MUST look for.

The entire team screwed that play and I think its embarrassing at this level of basketball.

Lets not question the effort tonight guys. They knew what was on the line, and I honestly believed they played to the best of there ability. I respect these guys, and wish them all the best of luck in the future.

I have bashed Lutz most of the season, but it took the Richmond game in Va. for me to realize it is not all Lutz.

We have a team full of lazy, selfish, non-listening, intensity lacking, and basketball ignorant players.

We have no-one who has stepped up to be a leader, nobody who will drive to the basket, and nodoby who has shown they have listened to Bobby during a timeout. It is flat out pathetic.

There is one bright side to this year- if 17-10 is a down year, I will take it.

[QUOTE=49erWhit;157040]I have bashed Lutz most of the season, but it took the Richmond game in Va. for me to realize it is not all Lutz.
We have a team full of lazy, selfish, non-listening, intensity lacking, and basketball ignorant players.
.[/QUOTE]

Lutz told the press that the team is lacking in basketball IQ. It’s easy to understand that if the team comes through, its only because of his own coaching genius, but don’t expect the guys to get excited about making that happen.

While that play did piss me off, another was a bad decision by Baldwin. It was one where he completely faked out a defender, dribbled forward for a wide open shot, but didnt take it, instead he passed it and it got picked. However I am not a Baldwin hater like everyone else on the board and understand that it was an honest mistake.

come on guys…Lutz was guarding for the three (rolleyes)

I’m not sure what is worse… giving up a layup with 2 seconds left on the shot clock, or us not even getting a shot off with 3 seconds left in the game.

I'm not sure what is worse... giving up a layup with 2 seconds left on the shot clock, or us not even getting a shot off with 3 seconds left in the game.
Both are equally bad!

The exact same handoff play to Bennett for a three was ran at least 3 or 4 times previously in the game. Soderburg knew this play was coming, put the big man on the ball and also had him guarding Bennett because obviously Bennett was going to try to drive when we needed a three. As soon as we came out of the timeout, I knew exactly what play was coming and so did the St. Louis coaches and players.

They didn’t defend it well, because the big was screened by Curt and the guard was out of position. We just didn’t execute the hand off.

[QUOTE=moss2k;156979]some goes to Lutz, some goes to the players for not communicating.

Soderberg drew up a great play out of his TO.

Lutz, drew up a play that we used 2 or 3 times earlier in the game :weep:[/QUOTE]

“You hadn’t seen that one before had you?” Saint Louis coach Brad Soderberg said. “That’s because we designed it in the huddle.”

“I’ll take the blame for that,” Charlotte coach Bobby Lutz said. “I didn’t expect that to happen. They hadn’t run that before, and we didn’t defend it very well.”

PATHETIC

[QUOTE=Hooligan;157084]I didn’t expect that to happen[/QUOTE]

my god Bobby…I can’t believe you actually said that. What’d you expect? A despiration 3-pointer?

I’M STILL PISSED AT THIS TEAM AND THE COACH’S COMMENTS HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT MAKE ME MORE PISSED OFF.

The inbounds to Withers who hands it off to Plavich/Bennett/Alexander (fill in the blank) who is running past and off-balance seems like the only inbounds play we have besides throw it to the middle of the court. I’ve seen better church-league x-ing and o-ing.

execution was piss poor…what did you expect after a time out…

But let’s not criticize the coach! It’s the “dumb
” players fault…right? Its amazing how other teams can actually run plays that work,and set screens.

my god Bobby.....I can't believe you actually said that. What'd you expect? A despiration 3-pointer?

I’M STILL PISSED AT THIS TEAM AND THE COACH’S COMMENTS HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT MAKE ME MORE PISSED OFF.

Thats Bobbys MO. He scouts the opponents and prepares for the known. Soderberg knew that and worked against it. Brad just made an excellent decision. However if the players had applied basic basketball defensive principles, they wouldn’t have gotten a layup.

“We were supposed to switch off every screen,” Charlotte forward Curtis Withers said. “But then I saw (Mitchell Baldwin) run across the paint.”

Nice observation there Curt. Did you see the blonde in the third row? Or the guy in the band with the green hair? Or maybe you saw the guy coming down the lane right at you for an alley oop? Hey, how about next time put away your pencil and notepad to step up to play some defense!