2 SECONDS ??????????????????

“execution was piss poor…what did you expect after a time out…”

What do I expect after a time out? Well, creativity comes to mind. Team’s scout their opponents and prepare for them–it’s called strategizing. If your team runs the ball up the middle 99% of the time on 4th and one, I will likely put in a defensive scheme to best stop that play when it’s 4th and one. Coaching would sometimes entail designing a play that the opposition was NOT expecting. As many on this forum have pointed out, a coaching deficit exists when you cannot design an inbounds play that is more sophisticated than park pickup game play.

I called this play (my wife is a witness, but she ignored me when I said it). I KNEW they we’re setting up an alley oop. I almost yelled out to watch for it but didn’t. Wish I had now (not that it would have made a difference.)

I called this play (my wife is a witness, but she ignored me when I said it). I KNEW they we're setting up an alley oop. I almost yelled out to watch for it but didn't. Wish I had now (not that it would have made a difference.)

Maybe we should talk to the AD to see if they will hire you as head coach for next year! :clap:

[QUOTE=Sublemon;157203]The inbounds to Withers who hands it off to Plavich/Bennett/Alexander (fill in the blank) who is running past and off-balance seems like the only inbounds play we have besides throw it to the middle of the court. I’ve seen better church-league x-ing and o-ing.[/QUOTE]

It is very clear that our player doesn’t have great basketball IQ. I think Lutz knows this and that’s why he ran the same plays over and over so they don’t mess up. I really doubt if Lutz comes up with other plays, our player will be execute it.

[QUOTE=walaboom;157638]It is very clear that our player doesn’t have great basketball IQ. I think Lutz knows this and that’s why he ran the same plays over and over so they don’t mess up. I really doubt if Lutz comes up with other plays, our player will be execute it.[/QUOTE]

I love our players and our team. But, listen to some of the post game interviews and listen to our players when you talk to them in person. They’re great guys but they’re not the brightest kids on the planet and certainly not in college basketball. Programs like Duke and UNC can recruit players already well developed and with HUGE basketball IQ. We don’t have that luxery at Charlotte. We have to get the kids who have potential and over 3-4 years can develop into VERY GOOD college players with the hopes that we get a special player like a Withers, Basden, or Jobey along the way.