2 Years Ago

I am watching the Memphis-Cincy game and right now the Tigers are up by about 30. This got me thinking. Two years ago I watched #17 or #19 Charlotte (can’t remember) beat Memphis by 3 in front of one of the loudest crowds in my four years at Halton Arena. Fast foward two years and Memphis is #23 playing in an NBA arena and we are losing to Dayton. This is partly me venting for the season we are having and I know I am beating a dead horse. Still, I hope the good times (yes us losing first round of the NCAA’s were the good times compared to now) are sooner than later. I need to feel that Charlotte Basketball is halfway important in my sports world.

Looks like Cincy compared to 2 years ago is in a downward spiral also.

I still contend that the officiating that day was horrible!! You guys had good teams in C-USA.

[QUOTE=fsquid;208900]I still contend that the officiating that day was horrible!! You guys had good teams in C-USA.[/QUOTE]

A-10 officiating has redefined the word “horrible”. As it turns out, the officiating in that particular Charlotte/Memphis game was not horrible after all.

I honestly wished we could have stayed in CUSA (yes, the new CUSA) at least we would have got to play a ranked Memphis team every year at home. Who can we get up for now Xavier or Dayton who aren’t even getting votes in the AP poll?

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;208902]I honestly wished we could have stayed in CUSA (yes, the new CUSA) at least we would have got to play a ranked Memphis team every year at home. Who can we get up for now Xavier or Dayton who aren’t even getting votes in the AP poll?[/QUOTE]

Hinesight is sometimes 20-20.

isnt it called hindsight?

[QUOTE=Gill2003;208912]isnt it called hindsight?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. Hmmmmmmm… Oh well. I’m not changing it.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;208912]isnt it called hindsight?[/QUOTE]

He’s a big fan of the Pretenders…

Okay, I saw where someone referenced the move to the A-10 in the post game last night. What was said?

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;208902]I honestly wished we could have stayed in CUSA (yes, the new CUSA) at least we would have got to play a ranked Memphis team every year at home. Who can we get up for now Xavier or Dayton who aren’t even getting votes in the AP poll?[/QUOTE]

No offense, but you guys didn’t have a choice. The new conference was going to boot St. Louis and Charlotte regardless. Hence the baseball conference Memphis is stuck in now.