2000 Tix Left?!

You’ve got to be kidding. Per the Observer article this morning they reported that 2000 tickets remain for this game. Unbelievable the apathy in this community!!

Students…we need you again. Spread the word and let’s sell out the joint!!

I’d rather have attendence of 8K then to say its a sell out cause we handed out 1,000 tickets that go unused.

clt agrees. this game will fill up. tickets that are available should actually help attendance.

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 11:05 AM [b] I'd rather have attendence of 8K then to say its a sell out cause we handed out 1,000 tickets that go unused. [/b]
You're going to get that at this campus. Wednesday nights game here, unless we play Cincy, are what they are. Mediocre attendence. I know some people who wouldn't miss their Wednesday night church service for anything. I mean anything. Furthermore, sadly I know 4 of my friends who have Wednesday night classes (I made a point when I picked my classes to see they didn't interfere with games). By the way those 4 friends have been to every game this except those on Wednesday night.

I was standing in line today at Chick-fila when a guy from the ticket office stopped by and dropped a couple hundred tickets on the registers.

NOOOOOO!!!

Like 50% of the people who pick up those tickets actually go. Judy Rose talked to us today and said there were 1,500 people that bought tickets before the game last Wed. Seems like a lot to me, but I hate it when we give away tickets.

My buddy waited in line for two and a half hours (got there at 7:30 am) on Monday and we got 205…Don’t get me started on the some of the student groups who are given lower level tickets, I’m sure that’s already been discussed here.

The hardcore fan base always outnumbers the casual fan at Charlotte by a wide margin. I was walking in front of a kid on the way to Friday the other day who saw the sign “Game Today vs. DePaul” and he was like, “Oh man! We’re ranked 23? That’s awesome… Wait who are we playing today? DePaul?..I don’t think they’re that good.” Him and his buddy then decided it wasn’t worth it to go to the game that night.

That person obviously a poor excuse for a man, but it does remind me of a typical Charlotte fan.

I have a problem with the dropping off of tickets thing. I know it’s been beat here to death but this is NOT the answer. You might as well drop coupons that say get a small drink free with purchase of any large fry and burger. Looks good on the surface but rarely gets used. There has to be a better way to give out the tickets than leaving them at the Belk Tower or on a Chick-Fil-A counter…that’s unbelievable. I think every single one of those tickets should be put in the ticket office. Have them FREE for STUDENTS until 30 minutes before tip. After that, sell them at face value or discounted to the general public or whoever. If any are left over, then fine. I’d rather them be left unused in the ticket office then end up in a trash can with some stale chicken nuggets.

[i]Originally posted by brobrian11[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 12:48 PM [b] I was walking in front of a kid on the way to Friday the other day who saw the sign "Game Today vs. DePaul" and he was like, "Oh man! We're ranked 23? That's awesome.... Wait who are we playing today? DePaul?...I don't think they're that good." [/b]
He's right, you know. Unless a team is from the ACC, they're just not that good. I wouldn't be surprised to see every team from the mighty ACC selected for the Big Dance. And they will all be given 1-3 seeds, as well. That's just how good the ACC is!

When is ticket distribution for home coming for students?

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 09:37 AM [b] You've got to be kidding. Per the Observer article this morning they reported that 2000 tickets remain for this game. Unbelievable the apathy in this community!!

Students…we need you again. Spread the word and let’s sell out the joint!! [/b]

According to the ticket office, about 1100 tickets remain…they are expecting a sellout.

clt agrees totally. if you show no value for the tickets by just giving them away like they are campbell women’s jv bball exhibition tickets, what do you think the students are going to think. clt says put up signs, letting people know where and when to get a seat and let them figure it out.

[i]Originally posted by BleednGreen[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 01:12 PM [b] According to the ticket office, about 1100 tickets remain..they are expecting a sellout. [/b]
Call it a sellout if you want... I'm counting empty seats tomorrow night.
[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 09:37 AM [b] You've got to be kidding. Per the Observer article this morning they reported that 2000 tickets remain for this game. Unbelievable the apathy in this community!!

Students…we need you again. Spread the word and let’s sell out the joint!! [/b]

I am bringing 4 new fans from the Hickory area. Ktown, can you update the number of tickets left in the title as they’re sold? Maybe the mods could do a ticket-ticker count-down to sell-out. :lol:

[b]Oh man! We're ranked 23? That's awesome.... Wait who are we playing today? DePaul?...I don't think they're that good." Him and his buddy then decided it wasn't worth it to go to the game that night. [/b]

I there no more who we play. It does not matter if we are playing a sorry team that nobody cares about- like MEMPHIS :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by Savio[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 01:02 PM [b] When is ticket distribution for home coming for students? [/b]
THURSDAY DAWG

One of my friends got to the Depaul game right at 7:30 (He was coming from work) and he said there were some students that wanted to get in but couldn’t because there were’nt any more students tickets “available” this is kind of sad when were passing out tickets to people that don’t want them and students that actually come can’t get in. Wish they could see that there are empty seats and let students in with an ID but that would be very hard to regulate.

That’s exactly why they don’t need to be left at a certain location for random pickup.

My friend had the same problem, they told him there was no way he was getting in due to a “packed house”

It’s silly to not let students in who have ID but not tickets. They know attendance from the gate count=> Let’m in if the gate count is below 9100.

Agreed, I would rather have students there then tickets given out to random no shows, but the solution is easy. Just pick the tix up ahead of time like everyone else. You’ve got like 3 days.