2007/08 OOC schedule...

I know it is a LONG ways away, but I was just curious about what we know so far.

All I know is that we have Davidson at home, Wake at the Bobcats Arena, and we have that tournament in the Virgin Islands. Who all is in that with us? I know Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, and Wichita State are in it, but who else?

Charlotte and Winthrop, from nearby Rock Hill, have never met on the basketball court, but they could next season. Both have accepted invitations to participate in the 2007 Paradise Jam tournament in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Joining the 49ers and Eagles in the eight-team tournament are Georgia Tech, Baylor, Notre Dame, Wichita State, Monmouth (N.J.) and Illinois-Chicago.
Each team plays three games in three days next November at the University of the Virgin Islands Sports and Fitness Center on St. Thomas.

Why in the world can’t we start a series with Winthrop or South Carolina?

Would we want to? Seems like a lose-lose to me, with Winthrop. If we beat them, we’re the bigger state school in the bigger league, and were supposed to win. If we lose, then it’s the reverse, it was an upset (even though they’re an NCAA contender now and played so well vs. Tennessee last year). I would think I wouldn’t want to play them for those reasons.

[QUOTE=allie49er;209342]South Carolina?[/QUOTE]

Coach [Scr]Odom wont play us. He killed the series after we got his predecessor fired by raining threes on his team’s head.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;209347]Would we want to? Seems like a lose-lose to me, with Winthrop. If we beat them, we’re the bigger state school in the bigger league, and were supposed to win. If we lose, then it’s the reverse, it was an upset (even though they’re an NCAA contender now and played so well vs. Tennessee last year). I would think I wouldn’t want to play them for those reasons.[/QUOTE]

Who gives a shit what it looks like if we beat them. Their RPI is consistantly good and they most times of not a NCAA Tourney team.

I want to play ANYBODY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, but the day we lose to winthrop is the day our coach(whoever he/she may be at the time) needs to leave so we can rebuild the program anew. I will have had enough.

[QUOTE=49er1;209399]I want to play ANYBODY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, but the day we lose to winthrop is the day our coach(whoever he/she may be at the time) needs to leave so we can rebuild the program anew. I will have had enough.[/QUOTE]

Winthrop is better than us, why should our coach get fired for losing to a better team???

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;209352]Coach [Scr]Odom wont play us. He killed the series after we got his predecessor fired by raining threes on his team’s head.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, Odom also made the state while at Wake that he would never schedule us. He stuck to his word, even after “transferring” to a different school.

Do the series with Indiana and Miss State continue into next season?

I want to play ANYBODY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, but the day we lose to winthrop is the day our coach(whoever he/she may be at the time) needs to leave so we can rebuild the program anew. I will have had enough.

I felt that the day we not only got beat, but got our asses handed to us by North Texas in our own house earlier in the year. Although, then I saw that The Mean Green have been playing good, and they have losses to such power houses as Texas-Arlington, New Orleans, Arkansas-Little Rock, and Arkansas State. After seeing that, I wasn’t as upset. Winthrop would beat all of those teams by 20+.

I think the way we are playing this season, top 25 teams will actually want us to go play in their houses to get bea.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;209416]I think the way we are playing this season, top 25 teams will actually want us to go play in their houses to get bea.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;209369]Their RPI is consistantly good and they most times of not a NCAA Tourney team.[/QUOTE]
Winthrop’s RPI is good today (RPI of 49, SOS of 76) but watch it crumble in the weeks ahead. The Big South’s RPI is 28th out of 31 with an SOS of 26.

[I]Winthrop, RPI 49, SOS 76
High Point, RPI 175, SOS 224
UNC Asheville, RPI 278, SOS 170
Coastal Carolina, RPI 284, SOS 264
Charleston Southern, RPI 303, SOS 247
Radford, RPI 304, SOS 286
Virginia Military Institute, RPI 306, SOS 302
Liberty, RPI 316, SOS 298 [/I]

[QUOTE=49er1;209399]I want to play ANYBODY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, but the day we lose to winthrop is the day our coach(whoever he/she may be at the time) needs to leave so we can rebuild the program anew. I will have had enough.[/QUOTE]
I remember saying that about Davidson.

[COLOR=Olive]OoC Away:
[COLOR=Black]?[/COLOR]

OoC home[/COLOR]:

davidson
maryland(bobcats arena)
wake forest (bobcats arena)
siu
(maine?)

[COLOR=Red] virgin islands:[/COLOR]

app state
gtech
notre dame
baylor
witchita state
momouth
Uillchicago

[COLOR=DarkGreen]conference schedule for home:[/COLOR]

Lasalle
GW
Richmond
Temple
Xavier
Duquesne
URI
Dayton
St. Louis

Conference Away:

GW
Richmond
Dayton
St. Joes
UMass
St. Bonnie
Fordham

i made it a little more legible

[QUOTE]
maryland(bobcats arena)
siu[/QUOTE]

Yep, I’ve heard we are working on Maryland in Bobcats arena and also SIU.

This is doubtlessly a stupid question, but why are some of those games being played in Bobcats Arena?

because they are acc teams and probably more than likely refuse to play us in halton because the environment and they want to sell as many tickets to their fans as we can to ours so it ends up being a neutral court.

This is doubtlessly a stupid question, but why are some of those games being played in Bobcats Arena?

stupid answer… money