2008 Olmpics Thread

Discuss anything and everything Olympics right here. It can be about how much you hate the French, how much you love women’s volleyball, or how awesome some obscure sport you’ve never seen before is. Put it here for all to see.

Things I’ve fallen in love with during the olympics:
fencing, handball, our women’s soccer players, Alicia Sacramone.

Things Ive grown to hate(even more):
the French, how equestrian is considered an olympic sport.

I wouldn’t usually watch male gymnastics, but I’ve watched tonight because I’m extremely bored, and our guys, after losing two of there best gymnists and not given any chance what so ever are in 1st place over the “unbeatable” chinese.

I wouldn't usually watch male gymnastics, but I've watched tonight because I'm extremely bored, and our guys, after losing two of there best gymnists and not given any chance what so ever are in 1st place over the "unbeatable" chinese.

Was in first place but still doing well. Very proud of them.

I had a scare on saturday night - they paused the swimming company to show some sort of shooting competition (yes, with guns) and the two women they showed were from Georgia and Russia.

Poor choice in my opinion.

Got to agree with LAX about equestrian… I watched about 5 mins of it today & the best part was when the woman got threw off the front of the horse… Only bad part about that was the fact she is from USA…

Anybody else see the women’s soccer team destroy New Zealand today? I was worried about them in the beginning of the tourney because the loss of Abby seemed to be really holding them back, but they’re on top of their group and looking good. And speaking of looking good, Amy Rodriguez. She’s a fireball, that one.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;333214]Anybody else see the women’s soccer team destroy New Zealand today? I was worried about them in the beginning of the tourney because the loss of Abby seemed to be really holding them back, but they’re on top of their group and looking good. And speaking of looking good, Amy Rodriguez. She’s a fireball, that one.[/QUOTE]

Missed it… but I did catch the highlights!

Michael Phelps is a legend.

China is full of cheater gymnasts.

The end.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;333284]Michael Phelps is a legend.

China is full of cheater gymnasts.

The end.[/QUOTE]

Their gymnasts look like 7 year olds

[QUOTE=YankeeNiner;333293]Their gymnasts look like 7 year olds[/QUOTE]

thats becuase at least 2 of them are below the age of 16 - which is illegal

Is it just me or are pretty much all the US gymnasts babes? Especially Alicia Sacramone…i think im in love.

Their gymnasts look like 7 year olds
I think they're way under 16 but at the same time I think it's a dumb rule. If you're the best, you're the best at any age. Still it's creepy.

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;333295]Is it just me or are pretty much all the US gymnasts babes? Especially Alicia Sacramone…i think im in love.[/QUOTE]

one of them had the neck of a football player. kinda intimidating…

one of them had the neck of a football player. kinda intimidating..
That would be Alicia, i think. I dont care. The rest of her is perfect.

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;333298]That would be Alicia, i think. I dont care. The rest of her is perfect.[/QUOTE]

what about the forehead one?

what about the forehead one?
Who? Nastia? Don't care. Too busy focusing on Sacramone
Missed it... but I did catch the highlights!

The 46 second goal? Amazing.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;333307]The 46 second goal? Amazing.[/QUOTE]

olympic womens soccer record!

It’s been exciting to see Phelps out there complete PULVERIZING the competition. Awesome. He grew up in the same area I did, and we’ve been hearing about him for years and years. The guy is sensational.

We’re in the lead with 26 medals, but China leads the gold medal tally with 14 gold versus 9 gold for us…and almost half of those are from Phelps!! I’ve never followed the Olympics as closely as I have this year so I wouldn’t know…but generally, which country comes out on top? The one with the most medals, or gold medals?

which country comes out on top? The one with the most medals, or gold medals?
The way it goes is this: Total medals then, if tied, # of golds, then silver, then bronze. If still tied, countries are listed alphabetically.