2009-2010 Men's Basketball Schedule

Schedule Out: [U][B][URL=http://www.charlotte49ers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/090309aac.html]Link[/URL][/B][/U]
[FONT=Courier New]
[B]Thu, Nov 05 JOHNSON C.SMITH(Exh.)[/B]
[B]Fri, Nov 13 UNC ASHEVILLE[/B]
Mon, Nov 16 vs. Elon
Tue, Nov 17 at Duke/vs. Coastal Carolina
Nov, 23/25- TBD at NIT
Nov, 24/27- TBD at NIT
[B]Wed, Dec 02 EAST CAROLINA[/B]
Sat, Dec 05 at Louisville
[B]Tue, Dec 08 WINSTON SALEM STATE
Sat, Dec 12 GARDNER-WEBB[/B]
Sun, Dec 20 at Winthrop
Wed, Ded 23 at Old Dominion
[B]Tue, Dec 29 MERCER
Sat, Jan 02 GEORGIA TECH[/B]
Wed, Jan 06 at Tennessee
[B]Sat, Jan 09 ST. BONAVENTURE[/B]
Wed, Jan 13 at Xavier
[B]Sun, Jan 17 SAINT LOUIS[/B]
Wed, Jan 20 at Richmond
Sat, Jan 23 at La Salle
[B]Wed, Jan 27 TEMPLE[/B]
Sat, Jan 30 at Massachusetts
[B]Wed, Feb 03 GEORGE WASHINGTON[/B]
Sat, Feb 06 at Fordham
Wed, Feb 10 at Dayton
[B]Wed, Feb 17 DUQUESNE[/B]
[B]Sat, Feb 20 XAVIER
Wed, Feb 24 ST. JOSEPH’S[/B]
Sat, Feb 27 at George Washington
Wed, Mar 03 at Rhode Island
[B]Sat, Mar 06 RICHMOND[/B][/FONT]

First thing that jumped out at me…our first 3 road conference games…Xavier,Lasalle and Richmond…Very tough stretch.

also that it is tentative, we might still be looking for another home game.

First thing that jumped out at me...our first 3 road conference games...Xavier,Lasalle and Richmond...Very tough stretch.
I have no respect for La Salle.

…And we get St. Louis at home in between those games.

Are we time warping back to UT?

La Salle will be a solid program this year.

what about richmond being our last home game…senior night…damn youuuuuuu richmond and your painfully slow play:doh:

[QUOTE=Niner National;428956]La Salle will be a solid program this year.[/QUOTE]

They graduate one player from last year’s team (who only averaged 4.4 ppg).

They gain the highest rated recruit for the conference (Aaric Murray, #35 Overall on Rivals)

Last year’s La Salle team won 18 games and beat us @Halton.

They’ll be solid.

[QUOTE=jds2007;428958]what about richmond being our last home game…senior night…damn youuuuuuu richmond and your painfully slow play:doh:[/QUOTE]

If we have a good season, then that game will be important. UofR should finish top 4 or 5 in the league.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;428955]Are we time warping back to UT?[/QUOTE]

what?

I say Richmond finishes top 2 or 3.

what?

he was referring to a typo that i have since fixed

La Salle will be a solid team this year.
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver]Fixed[/COLOR][/SIZE] That'll be interesting for a change. Hopefully they can keep it up. Still, something deep inside me makes me feel like it will be hard for them not to find a way to still blow this opportunity.

Upon finally having time to study the schedule it appears the A-10 did the 49ers no favors in scheduling homecoming and senior day events.

[B][U]Saturday Atlantic 10 games in 2010[/U][/B]
January 9, Saint Bonaventure - students on break
February 20, Xavier - homecoming by default
March 6, Richmond - students on break

Upon finally having time to study the schedule it appears the A-10 did the 49ers no favors in scheduling homecoming and senior day events.

Saturday Atlantic 10 games in 2010
January 9, Saint Bonaventure - students on break
February 20, Xavier - homecoming by default
March 6, Richmond - students on break

So… homecoming is against X… and senior day is over spring break… .WTF? :blink:

Not to mention EE about coming down to weeknight games and turning right around to go back. But that’s a selfish opinion on my part.

It’s hard to be a 49er. :wacko:

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;428936]
Wed, Ded 23 at Old Dominion
Tue, Dec 29 MERCER[/QUOTE]

ESPN on a couple of our OOC foes in December…

[b]Don't Sleep on These Teams

Old Dominion[/b]
The Monarchs have played in the shadow of George Mason and VCU the past few years, but Blaine Taylor has done a terrific job of building a quality program, winning 119 games over the past five seasons. Taylor returns six players who made 13 or more starts for last season’s 25-10 team, including 6-foot-10 senior All-CAA performer Gerald Lee. If heralded freshman point Josh Hicks of North Carolina is the real deal, the Monarchs have the firepower to win a very solid mid-major league.

[b]Games The Committee Will Be Watching

Old Dominion at Georgetown, Dec. 19[/b]: The Monarchs nabbed the Hoyas once before in D.C. If Old Dominion could pull off another stunner, it could put the Monarchs in position for a possible at-large berth if they live up to their potential and win the CAA regular season. ODU returns five starters, including 15-point scorer Gerald Lee. This team went on a tear at the end of last season, winning 14 of 16 and taking home the inaugural CIT championship. The Monarchs also play at Dayton, host Richmond and face Missouri in the South Padre Island tournament, but none will be as important as the game at Georgetown.

[b]10 Players To Keep An Eye On

James Florence, Mercer[/b]: This 6-1 senior from Atlanta has something in common with current NBA players Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry. As freshmen three years ago, they all led their conferences in scoring. Florence is still around and is easily on his way to 2,000 points this season. And while he has done most of his damage in the lightly regarded Atlantic Sun, he has saved some of his best performances as a Bear for wins over USC, Alabama and Auburn.

ESPN.com: Best of the Rest ShootAround: The teams and players you do not want to face

More props for Mercer’s Florence, this time from Rivals…

[b]G James Florence, Mercer Particulars[/b]: 6-1/186, Sr./Marietta (Ga.) Wheeler [b]Conference[/b]: Atlantic Sun [b]See him on[/b]: Nov. 21 vs. Florida State, Nov. 27 at Georgia Tech, Dec. 21 at Vanderbilt [b]The buzz[/b]: Mercer returns one of the most impressive statistical duos in the country. Florence is a top-five returning scorer at 20.8 points per game, and senior Daniel Emerson is a top-five returning rebounder (10.6 rpg).
Rivals.com: [b][url=http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=988580]Under the radar: Low-major players to watch[/url][/b]

Do we only have 5 televised games or are there more to be updated?

Do we only have 5 televised games or are there more to be updated?

MASN usually waits to announce there games, and hopefully local TV will be there this season like they were in 07-08.