2013 Commitments Only Thread?

2K, you do an excellent job with your recruiting news. I wonder if we can have just one specific thread only for commitments for next season, with the only posts going into that thread being about the recruits that have committed so far.

I spoke to a “casual Niner fan” yesterday that occasionally visits Halton and this board and his comment was that it is very difficult to weed through all the recruiting threads. He said he only wants to know who we have coming in for next year. I can understand that point of view. I told him I had a lot of pull with the moderators (ok, I lied) and I would see what we could do.

The thread so far:

clt provides an update:

Not a prob, 49r9r. Hopefully we can have some meaningful news in here soon.

“Cricket noises”

We’re getting heavy interest from that one ki-… Nope. Ok.

The cupboard is bare

Expectations for next season keep dropping. Recruiting is what did Bobby in and it appears it may do Major in as well. If you can’t recruit the talent it really doesn’t matter how good a coach you are. Major was able to sell PT to kids early and there was no info on him as a coach out there. Now there is plenty of info and he doesn’t have as much PT. A good recruiter can still sell that. Gotta get this straightened out soon because as we saw today this fan base is about to forget basketball exists unless they give us a reason to care.

Expect a visit in early May from a HS post player.

Should we expect any recruits for this year? Lester does not count since he was in last year’s class. Is there any JUCO’s left?

There are HS and JUCO’s left out there.

Anybody left by now was probably the Team Manager in HS, & can’t shoot 1%.

I agree with recruiting doing us in and may keep expecations lower than they should be this year, but I don’t think its a PT thing. Plenty of PT to sell to bigs.

Major did a great job of recruiting into the A10, but CUSA will be a different, and imho harder sell. At the end of the day, we have to find someone who is going to do it and do it well and it may/may not be Major. Conference change is not something he signed up for (neither did Lutz), but just like anything, its adjust or die.

I agree with recruiting doing us in and may keep expecations lower than they should be this year, but I don’t think its a PT thing. Plenty of PT to sell to bigs.

Major did a great job of recruiting into the A10, but CUSA will be a different, and imho harder sell. At the end of the day, we have to find someone who is going to do it and do it well and it may/may not be Major. Conference change is not something he signed up for (neither did Lutz), but just like anything, its adjust or die.[/quote]

I couldn’t have said it better.

if we do not sign some decent players with alot to offer face it , Major pretty well sux

Update from David Scott http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/04/24/4002175/with-urgency-rising-charlotte.html

Why thank you, I’m glad I took the time to read that, I know much more about the status of our recruiting now… (end extreme sarcasm)

Why thank you, I’m glad I took the time to read that, I know much more about the status of our recruiting now… (end extreme sarcasm)[/quote]

Well I sure as hell haven’t seen Ben Cherry’s name pop up on the board before.

Not sure if serious.

Why thank you, I’m glad I took the time to read that, I know much more about the status of our recruiting now… (end extreme sarcasm)[/quote]

Well I sure as hell haven’t seen Ben Cherry’s name pop up on the board before.[/quote]

Pretty sure Cherry has been a topic of conversation.