2013 Soccer Schedule

Niner89 must be busy.

The soccer schedule came out today.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com//pdf9/2318485.pdf?ATCLID=208329264&SPSID=589219&SPID=72433&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23200

AUGUST
Tues. 20 Winthrop (Exhibition) Rock Hill, SC 7 p.m.
Sat. 24 DAVIDSON (EXHIBITION) Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.
Fri. 30 at Denver Denver, CO 9:30 p.m.

SEPTEMBER
Wed. 4 UNC GREENSBORO Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.
Sat. 7 at Coastal Carolina Conway, SC 7 p.m.
13-15 UAB Soccer for a Cure Tournament
Fri. 13 at UAB* Birmingham, AL 8 p.m.
Sun. 15 vs. Memphis Birmingham, AL 1 p.m.
Sat. 21 CAMPBELL Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.
Tues. 24 UCF Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.
Fri. 27 SOUTH CAROLINA* Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.

OCTOBER
Tues. 1 WAKE FOREST Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.
Fri. 4 at New Mexico* Albuquerque, NM 9 p.m.
Wed. 9 OLD DOMINION* Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.
Sun. 13 at Tulsa* Tulsa, OK 5 p.m.
Sat. 19 KENTUCKY* Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.
Tues. 22 CLEMSON Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.
Wed. 30 at Florida Atlantic* Boca Raton, FL 7 p.m.

NOVEMBER
Sat. 2 MARSHALL* Charlotte, NC 7 p.m.
Fri. 8 at Florida International* Miami, FL 7 p.m.

Wed. 13 Conference USA Championships Charlotte, NC TBD
Fri. 15 Conference USA Championships Charlotte, NC TBD
Sun. 17 Conference USA Championships Charlotte, NC TBD

Thur. 21 NCAA Tournament First Round TBD
Sun. 24 NCAA Tournament Second Round TBD
Sat. 30 NCAA Tournament Third Round TBD

DECEMBER
Sat. 7 NCAA Tournament Elite Eight TBD
Fri. 13 NCAA College Cup Semifinals Philadelphia, PA
Sun 15 NCAA College Cup Finals Philadelphia, PA

Holy Crap the tournament is in Charlotte AGAIN!? Awesome. :wink:

Thanks for posting. That’s a hell of a schedule. Only one home soccer game in conflict with an away football game. Nov 2nd against Marshall at home for soccer and we will be playing at Coastal Carolina in football. I think that game will be one of the largest traveling contingents for football.

I was just thinking they did an excellent job of aligning the two.

I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

Doubt they will, though.

[quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:5, topic:27871”]I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

Doubt they will, though.[/quote]

My favorite exchange of that evening:

Ghetto UNCG fan: “Why da hell is y’all wearing scarves? It’s hot as hell out here”

Charlotte fan: “Soccer fans wear scarves… that’s a thing”

Ghetto UNCG fan: “Well if you stick that thing in the wash, it’ll come out saying UNCG”

Charlotte fan: “Maybe in a couple years when you graduate, your liberal arts degree will certify you to flip burgers.”

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:5, topic:27871”]I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

Ghetto UNCG fan: “Why da hell is y’all wearing scarves? It’s hot as hell out here”

Ghetto UNCG fan: “Well if you stick that thing in the wash, it’ll come out saying UNCG”

Charlotte fan: “Maybe in a couple years when you graduate, your liberal arts degree will certify you to flip burgers.”[/quote]

I was trying to be on my best behavior. My girlfriend goes to UNCG and we were sitting amongst the Greensboro people. I was still repping my Niners shirt though.

Whenever their student section came over and sat around us, they tried to start a “We have Bojangles” chant in response to our “We Have Football” chant. They were very disappointed when I told them we also had Bojangles on campus.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:5, topic:27871”]I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

Charlotte fan: “Maybe in a couple years when you graduate, your liberal arts degree will certify you to flip burgers.”[/quote]

My favorite exchange came after one of their many chants where they spell out “U-N-C-G.”

Me: Wait, how do you spell UNCG again?

Girl in front of me, in a very helpful serious voice: U…N…C…g… (trailing off when she finally realized I was joking.)

[quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:7, topic:27871”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:5, topic:27871”]I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

I was trying to be on my best behavior. My girlfriend goes to UNCG and we were sitting amongst the Greensboro people. I was still repping my Niners shirt though.

Whenever their student section came over and sat around us, they tried to start a “We have Bojangles” chant in response to our “We Have Football” chant. They were very disappointed when I told them we also had Bojangles on campus.[/quote]

I used to hate it when people would tell us that when we were kicking their ass in basketball. I guess we have become just like them now.

While we are at it, can we chant at ECU fans “We have Men’s Soccer!”?

I love that we don’t have to play those ridiculous schools in the north anymore.

Good riddance A10.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:9, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:7, topic:27871”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:5, topic:27871”]I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

Whenever their student section came over and sat around us, they tried to start a “We have Bojangles” chant in response to our “We Have Football” chant. They were very disappointed when I told them we also had Bojangles on campus.[/quote]

I used to hate it when people would tell us that when we were kicking their ass in basketball. I guess we have become just like them now.

While we are at it, can we chant at ECU fans “We have Men’s Soccer!”?[/quote]

Yeah I didn’t like when the students started chanting it. To be honest, almost all our chants that night were embarrassing.

[quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:11, topic:27871”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:9, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:7, topic:27871”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:5, topic:27871”]I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

Yeah I didn’t like when the students started chanting it. To be honest, almost all our chants that night were embarrassing.[/quote]

what was embarrassing?

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:12, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:11, topic:27871”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:9, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:7, topic:27871”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:5, topic:27871”]I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

Yeah I didn’t like when the students started chanting it. To be honest, almost all our chants that night were embarrassing.[/quote]

what was embarrassing?[/quote]

The ones we did to try to be witty. For every funny one, there were 3 really bad ones or ones done in bad taste. I just remember cringing a lot. Ha

The UNCG ones were worse, though. My favorite was them chanting “Sixty” when we chanted “Forty.” Classy.

I expect South Carolina, Wake Forest, and Clemson to generate the most excitement among students. This team should be damn good this year. Hope football doesn’t take away from the level of support that was there last year.

[quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:7, topic:27871”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:5, topic:27871”]I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

Yeah I detested the we have football chants in the past and I hope we don’t start that crap.

[quote=“Gassman, post:15, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:7, topic:27871”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:27871”][quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:5, topic:27871”]I wonder if we pissed off the UNCG students enough last year at their place that they’ll make the trip down. That was a surprisingly hostile environment between the fanbases.

Yeah I detested the we have football chants in the past and I hope we don’t start that crap.[/quote]

Well so much for a “We Have Football” chant after kickoff…

September 21st-Oct 1: 4 home games in 11 days. That’s a lot of futbol.

I have no problem with our student section chanting that towards the UNCG students. At the end of the day WE DO have it now and they probably wish they did. We’ve been taunted for years on the matter, about time we can let some of the stress out.

Davidson chanted that a few times along with a few other schools. It was always when the Niners were giving them a woopin’ in bball. It’s a lame cheer and is about the same as running around screaming “I lost my virginity” to all the nerds who haven’t in high school.

how bout (to davidson): “WE WILL…WE WILL…KICK YOUR ASS!” :stuck_out_tongue: