2014 Fall Baseball

Only 1 this year. NC State at BB&T Ballpark on March 31.[/quote]
Ah the Twitter page made it seem like more. Was hoping we might have a weekend series uptown[/quote]

49er Baseball and beer is a good combo.

That game is on a Tuesday, so it should not interfere with our basketball game in the NCAA Regional’s.[/quote]
Would they allow beer sales since it’s a college game? Although there are plenty of bars within walking distance[/quote]

Yes, they should have beer. We used to play some games at the minor league stadium in Kannapoli before our new stadium was completed, and we had beer for those games.

Ah the Twitter page made it seem like more. Was hoping we might have a weekend series uptown[/quote]

That game is on a Tuesday, so it should not interfere with our basketball game in the NCAA Regional’s.[/quote]
Would they allow beer sales since it’s a college game? Although there are plenty of bars within walking distance[/quote]

Yes, they should have beer. We used to play some games at the minor league stadium in Kannapoli before our new stadium was completed, and we had beer for those games.[/quote]

This is going to be nice after work.

Almost had to clean my monitor after this!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Today is signing day for baseball. Here is a list of some of the verbals that we have so far for the '15 class:

[size=1em][font=verdana]Conner [/font]T[/size]homson, C Dover, OH (Canton South HS)
Reece Hampton, OF Charlotte, NC (Charlotte Christian)
Drew Morrison, LHP Newark, OH (Licking Valley)
Drew Ober, 3B Huntersville, NC (Hough)
Andrew Jordan, RHP Gastonia, NC (Hunter Huss)
Gavin Hellman, RHP Hummelstown, PA
Holden Capps, LHP Lawton, OK (Redlands CC)

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:25, topic:29038”]Today is signing day for baseball. Here is a list of some of the verbals that we have so far for the '15 class:

[size=1em][font=verdana]Conner [/font]T[/size]hompson, C Dover, OH (Canton South HS)
Holden Capps, LHP Lawton, OK (Redlands CC)[/quote]

What is our connection in Ohio other than playing Dayton and Xavier? That is where Nichting is from as well isn’t it?

[quote=“mightymitchfan, post:26, topic:29038”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:25, topic:29038”]Today is signing day for baseball. Here is a list of some of the verbals that we have so far for the '15 class:

[size=1em][font=verdana]Conner [/font]T[/size]homson, C Dover, OH (Canton South HS)

What is our connection in Ohio other than playing Dayton and Xavier? That is where Nichting is from as well isn’t it?[/quote]

Former Niner Brion Treadway was Nichting’s HS coach in Ohio. I imagine he is helping us out with the others up there too.

clt says “licking valley?”

[quote=“cltniners, post:28, topic:29038”]clt says “licking valley?”[/quote] Clt has a dirty mind. 4ever niner endorses.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:25, topic:29038”]Today is signing day for baseball. Here is a list of some of the verbals that we have so far for the '15 class:

It looks like they are going to release the early signing names today. Everyone that verballed on the list above has signed plus 2 more JUCOs. So we bring in 6 HS guys and 3 JUCOS.

The other 2 jucos are :

Bean, Skyler MIF Rockwall, TX (NC State) (Howard JC)
Flanagan, Zach RHP Tyler, TX (Howard JC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz1jHEEpqwk&feature=youtu.be

Official release:

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=209815804

I received my application to renew my baseball season tickets in the mail today. Wow, was I glad to see that. Lower level seats are the same price as last year.

Maybe I’m derailing this thread, but I’m curious how many longtime supporters of baseball are in the “Hibbs can do no wrong” camp, or are they questioning their support, even for just a year, of the program. The fact that the investigation is still “ongoing” makes me wonder if this is something that’s “normal” and has been happening for years. Also makes me wonder about the culture of the program where people thought they could get away with this sort of behavior; plus, claim ignorance of hazing rules.

Maybe I’m derailing this thread, but I’m curious how many longtime supporters of baseball are in the “Hibbs can do no wrong” camp, or are they questioning their support, even for just a year, of the program. The fact that the investigation is still “ongoing” makes me wonder if this is something that’s “normal” and has been happening for years. Also makes me wonder about the culture of the program where people thought they could get away with this sort of behavior; plus, claim ignorance of hazing rules.[/quote]

I plan on renewing my season tickets and I believe most of the season ticket holders I have spoken with plan on renewing theirs. The only camp I am in is 49er Baseball. If the investigation revealed other issues that need to be addressed, we need to start making those necessary changes; otherwise… PLAY BALL!!!

Maybe I’m derailing this thread, but I’m curious how many longtime supporters of baseball are in the “Hibbs can do no wrong” camp, or are they questioning their support, even for just a year, of the program. The fact that the investigation is still “ongoing” makes me wonder if this is something that’s “normal” and has been happening for years. Also makes me wonder about the culture of the program where people thought they could get away with this sort of behavior; plus, claim ignorance of hazing rules.[/quote] Well, have you spoken with Hibbs at any time? Obviously, I don’t know the details of anything that happened, but I get the general impression that our programs are held to a higher standard than some other places. Whether that is good or bad is a question for discussion elsewhere.

I’ll be renewing my baseball tickets.

[quote=“49r9r, post:32, topic:29038”]I received my application to renew my baseball season tickets in the mail today. Wow, was I glad to see that. Lower level seats are the same price as last year.[/quote] Haven’t received mine. Obviously you are higher than I am in the pecking order. :smiley:

There is a solid chance I may actually be higher on one of the AD’s lists.

Maybe I’m derailing this thread, but I’m curious how many longtime supporters of baseball are in the “Hibbs can do no wrong” camp, or are they questioning their support, even for just a year, of the program. The fact that the investigation is still “ongoing” makes me wonder if this is something that’s “normal” and has been happening for years. Also makes me wonder about the culture of the program where people thought they could get away with this sort of behavior; plus, claim ignorance of hazing rules.[/quote]

If Hibbs did anything wrong, I am sure this investigation would show that. By reinstating the program and keeping Hibbs as Head Coach, it appears that the University is backing the staff as well, but will continue digging back into the past. I assume the University felt comfortable with Hibbs involvement (or lack thereof) or he would have been gone.

From my personal experience with Hibbs, I will question some decisions made on the field at times, but I would not question his character. I have no problems continuing my support of the baseball program through the GS Club and by buying season tickets.

Like 4ever said, we seem to hold ourselves to a higher standard on stuff like this than some schools. 5 players are gone, 3 starters and a Levine’s scholar. Hopefully we can move on from this and play baseball.

If Hibbs did anything wrong, I am sure this investigation would show that. By reinstating the program and keeping Hibbs as Head Coach, it appears that the University is backing the staff as well, but will continue digging back into the past. I assume the University felt comfortable with Hibbs involvement (or lack thereof) or he would have been gone.

From my personal experience with Hibbs, I will question some decisions made on the field at times, but I would not question his character. I have no problems continuing my support of the baseball program through the GS Club and by buying season tickets.

Like 4ever said, we seem to hold ourselves to a higher standard on stuff like this than some schools. 5 players are gone, 3 starters and a Levine’s scholar. Hopefully we can move on from this and play baseball.[/quote]
Just to clarify, I wasn’t questioning Hibbs’ character or suggesting he was involved, I was just trying to describe a level of support some people seem to have where the program could be involved in Chapell Hill -esque level violations and their support would continue no matter what… a cult of personality, if you will. Admittedly, poorly worded.

Like 4ever said, we seem to hold ourselves to a higher standard on stuff like this than some schools. 5 players are gone, 3 starters and a Levine’s scholar. Hopefully we can move on from this and play baseball.[/quote]
Just to clarify, I wasn’t questioning Hibbs’ character or suggesting he was involved, I was just trying to describe a level of support some people seem to have where the program could be involved in Chapell Hill -esque level violations and their support would continue no matter what… a cult of personality, if you will. Admittedly, poorly worded.[/quote]

This was not an ongoing issue. It was poor decision making on the part of a few individuals. The freshmen stood up for themselves, and I deeply respect that.

Parents of a victim reached out to past baseball parents. Ones in the past stated there was never anything like this in the past. When this information was presented, it was immediately reported and the investigation was launched. At this point, the only reason it is ongoing is for any criminal charges.

The program and our AD have been very proactive with this, and we as supporters have no reason to discontinue loyalty to the program.