2014 Predictions

Time to put the $ on the line.

Despite losing some key talent in the offseason and to graduation, I think we take a big step up this year.

8-3

Campbell- Win
JC Smith- Win
NC Central- Win
Elon- Win
Charleston Southern- Loss
Gardner Webb- Loss
Citadel- Win
James Madison-Win
Costal Carolina- Loss
Wesley College-Win
Morehead State-Win

Citadel and NC Central on the road could be my undoing. I think we shine against JMU on homecoming.

Iā€™ll go ahead and give my too early to tell predictions:\

[font=tahoma][size=11px]Campbell- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]JC Smith- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]NC Central- Loss[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]Elon- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]Charleston Southern- Loss[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]Gardner Webb- Loss[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]Citadel- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]James Madison-Loss[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]Costal Carolina- Loss[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]Wesley College-Wi[/size][/font][size=11px][font=Tahoma]n[/font][/size]
[size=11px][font=Tahoma]Morehead State-Win[/font][/size]
[font=tahoma][size=11px]

6-5[/size][/font]

Iā€™ll optimistically say 8-3, with 7-4 being equally likely. I would like to go 2-3 against Charleston Southern, GW, Citadel, JMU and CC. Pretty good stretch there and if we found a way to go 3-2 would be amazing for our second year program. But Iā€™ll say it nowā€¦there is no way we loose at NC Central.

Campbell- Win
JC Smith- Win
NC Central- Win
Elon- Win
Gardner Webb- Win
Citadel- Loss
James Madison-Win
Costal Carolina- Loss
Wesley College-Win
Morehead State-Win

6-5, but would be less surprised to 7-4 than 5-6.

7-4

@Campbell- Win
JC Smith- Win
@NC Central- Win
@Elon- Win
@Gardner Webb- Win
@Citadel- Loss
James Madison-Loss
Costal Carolina- Loss
Wesley College-Win
Morehead State-Win

6-5

Campbell- Win
JC Smith- Win
NC Central- Loss
Elon- Win
Gardner Webb- Loss
Citadel- Win
James Madison- Loss
Costal Carolina- Loss
Wesley College-Win
Morehead State-Win

[font=tahoma][size=13px]Campbell- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]JC Smith- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]NC Central- Loss[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]Elon- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]Charleston Southern- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]Gardner Webb- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]Citadel- Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]James Madison-Loss[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]Coastal Carolina- Loss[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]Wesley College-Win[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=13px]Morehead State-Win

[/size][/font][size=1em]Iā€™m really hoping for a 7-4 season or better. I think we have 4 must win games (Campbell, JCSU, Wesley, MSU) and 2 that will be very difficult to win (CCU, JMU). The rest are toss up games that I have us 4-1 in. Elon was bad last year and fired their coach, but also has a Senior QB returning. We should win there but who knows. Central also has a new coach, and will have a new QB, so who knows what to expect. CSU had a very young team and I think most of their talent is returning. We were right in that game until a few really bad plays in the 4th quarter. GWU was probably more talented than us last year, but they let off the gas a little too early and we came back. If I am not mistaken, the Citadel runs the triple option style offense, and that is always hard to prepare for.[/size]

Campbell- Win
JC Smith- Win
NC Central- Win
Elon- Win
Charleston Southern- Win
Gardner Webb- Win
Citadel- Loss
James Madison-Win
Costal Carolina- Loss
Wesley College-Win
Morehead State-Win

9-2, but could see us ending up anywhere from 6-5 to 10-1.

I predict we have a redhead defect.

We need to win at least 7, preferably with a marquee W

I will consider anything less than that to be a disappointment and a bad omen for Year one of FBS.

I think we flip records from last year. 6-5.

So, is it fair to assume that the folks who are predicting a 6-5 season (or worse), are expecting 0-11 next year?

I say that because historically, even high win FCS teams have struggled mightily in year one of FBS. Iā€™d expect that even if we won 9 games this season, weā€™d still feel luckyto win 4 in 2015.

If you expect us to more or less break even against FCS competition this year, you must be predicting a totally uncompetitive year of painful curb stomp after painful curb stomp for 2015. Ugh. How can you be excited with that outlook?

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:12, topic:28935ā€]So, is it fair to assume that the folks who are predicting a 6-5 season (or worse), are expecting 0-11 next year?

I say that because historically, even high win FCS teams have struggled mightily in year one of FBS. Iā€™d expect that even if we won 9 games this season, weā€™d still feel luckyto win 4 in 2015.

If you expect us to more or less break even against FCS competition this year, you must be predicting a totally uncompetitive year of painful curb stomp after painful curb stomp for 2015. Ugh. How can you be excited with that outlook?[/quote]

We will win at least 2 games in 2015. We host Presbyterian and we go to Georgia State.

FIU is really bad too, and Temple is not a juggernaut. I think we might be able to get one of those.

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:12, topic:28935ā€]So, is it fair to assume that the folks who are predicting a 6-5 season (or worse), are expecting 0-11 next year?

If you expect us to more or less break even against FCS competition this year, you must be predicting a totally uncompetitive year of painful curb stomp after painful curb stomp for 2015. Ugh. How can you be excited with that outlook?[/quote]

I predict 6-5 this year and 3-8 in 15.

[font=tahoma][size=13px]

7-4 a little more depth and a year of experience will go a long ways[/size][/font]

My expectations will be low for 2015 (2 or 3 wins), but I am still excited for the transition. I know we arenā€™t in a power conference, but I am looking forward to playing and hosting teams like Marshall, Southern Miss, and even UTSA and ODU. I think the level of competition will be enough to keep us engaged through a couple of years of beat downs.

Also, it is tough to evaluate the success a start up will have. UTSA progressed very well from a lackluster first season, to being one of the top teams in the conference in a very short period of time. ODU started out on fire in FCS, but I believe they will struggle greatly this season, and will be around the 4 win mark.

I am just really happy we have football.

WKU and MT both have decent programs going now too, the East is going to be alot of fun in CUSA.

[quote=ā€œMikeNiner11, post:17, topic:28935ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:12, topic:28935ā€]So, is it fair to assume that the folks who are predicting a 6-5 season (or worse), are expecting 0-11 next year?

My expectations will be low for 2015 (2 or 3 wins), but I am still excited for the transition. I know we arenā€™t in a power conference, but I am looking forward to playing and hosting teams like Marshall, Southern Miss, and even UTSA and ODU. I think the level of competition will be enough to keep us engaged through a couple of years of beat downs.

Also, it is tough to evaluate the success a start up will have. UTSA progressed very well from a lackluster first season, to being one of the top teams in the conference in a very short period of time. ODU started out on fire in FCS, but I believe they will struggle greatly this season, and will be around the 4 win mark.

I am just really happy we have football.[/quote]

+1

7-4 or 8-3 this year. 6-6 next year, CUSA has a bowl left, but we blow it to finish 6-7.