2015 Men's Hoops Coaching Carousel

Rick Ray out a Mississippi state.

Parrish reporting Nevada is targeting Kentucky assistant Tony Barbee. Played for Calipari at UMass and former HC at Auburn and UTEP (succeeded current Southern Miss coach Doc Sadler when he left El Paso for Nebraska).

Goodman reporting that former UCLA coach Ben Howland is frontrunner to take over at Mississippi State.

2015 hasn’t been good to Geno Ford. Two months after an Ohio appeals court upheld a $1.2 million breach of contract judgment against Ford brought by his previous employer, Kent State, he finds himself out of a job at Bradley too. Couldn’t replicate his success in the MAC to the MVC with only one winning season out of four in Peoria.

DON’T DO IT, NEVADA. Tony Barbee is literally one of the five biggest assholes I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting/working with in person. He’s terrible on X’s and O’s, treats his players only slightly better than Mike Rice does, and is just overall unpleasant.

Parrish reporting Ben Howland new coach at Mississippi State.

(Thanks f_o and SF!)

[quote=“Run49er, post:26, topic:29096”]Parrish reporting Ben Howland new coach at Mississippi State.

(Thanks f_o and SF!)[/quote]
That’s a good hire for them. He has his work cut out for him. You wanna talk about a school that’s behind the 8-ball on basketball facilities, they’re a prime example. I traveled to Starkville with the Auburn basketball team a few years ago - The Hump has to be among the worst arenas in a P5 conference, and their practice/weight situation isn’t great either.

Herb Sendek out at Arizona State.

[quote=“UNCCTF, post:27, topic:29096”][quote=“Run49er, post:26, topic:29096”]Parrish reporting Ben Howland new coach at Mississippi State.

(Thanks f_o and SF!)[/quote]
That’s a good hire for them. He has his work cut out for him. You wanna talk about a school that’s behind the 8-ball on basketball facilities, they’re a prime example. I traveled to Starkville with the Auburn basketball team a few years ago - The Hump has to be among the worst arenas in a P5 conference, and their practice/weight situation isn’t great either.[/quote]
Four years at $2.05 million per year. (BTW, 4-year contract the maximum allowed by Mississippi state law.)

LSU assistant Eric Musselman to Nevada, turning down his alma mater San Diego in the process. Experience mostly at the pro level, having been a head coach in the NBA, NBADL, USBL, and CBA, as well as coaching the national teams of the Dominican Republic and Venezuela. Also served as an assistant to Herb Sendek at Arizona State.

Wichita State assistant Steve Forbes lands the ETSU job.

http://www.wjhl.com/story/28627812/sources-steve-forbes-to-be-named-etsu-mens-basketball-coach-on-monday

Per Parrish, Donnie Tyndall one and done at Tennessee.

[quote=“Run49er, post:32, topic:29096”]Per Parrish, Donnie Tyndall one and done at Tennessee.[/quote] Did the Hattiesburg baggage catch up with 'ol Donnie in Knoxville!?

Yes-NCAA told UT that he would be suspended for some games in 2015-16 so they fired him with no payoff.

Thanks. Incredible…I forgot to add - oh dear Lord, I’m not gonna say it…

Thanks. Incredible…I forgot to add - oh dear Lord, I’m not gonna say it…[/quote]
Lotta chatter that Vols AD Dave Hart should get the axe as well.

Thanks. Incredible…I forgot to add - oh dear Lord, I’m not gonna say it…[/quote]
Lotta chatter that Vols AD Dave Hart should get the axe as well.[/quote]

Between football and basketball theiir athletic department has made a shit show of things.

Per CBSSports.com, Rick Barnes on the hot seat at Texas. Longhorn AD Steve Patterson reportedly unhappy with program that hasn’t progressed beyond the round of 32 since 2008 and has informed Barnes that changes are needed. That includes the latter’s dismissal if necessary as the status quo is unacceptable going forward.

With a salary of $2.55 million per year being paid to Barnes through 2019, can understand Patterson’s frustration.

Lavin out at St. John’s

Per CBSSports.com, Cincy’s Mick Cronin is expected to make an appearance at off-season workouts on Monday. All indications are he will return to the sidelines next season after taking a medical leave in mid-December.

Bearcat interim Larry Davis is reportedly a leading candidate for the vacancy at nearby Northern Kentucky.