170 UTEP
175 North Texas
179 CHARLOTTE
244 FIU
267 Florida Atlantic
299 Southern Miss
308 UTSA[/quote]

= 1 bid conference :-[ So, let’s win the conference tourney and go dancing. ;D

I know preseason predictions mean nothing, but seems like nobody thinks much of us this year.

And being ranked lower than ecu really hurts.

It’s really just depressing seeing all the present and past A-10 members in the top 50. I do think we can finish in the top 5 of our conference though.

[quote=“49er1, post:21, topic:30529”][quote=“Run49er, post:20, topic:30529”]CBS Sports’ 1-351:
76 Middle Tennessee
88 UAB
116 Old Dominion
126 Marshall
134 LA Tech
138 WKU
144 Rice
170 UTEP
175 North Texas
179 CHARLOTTE
244 FIU
267 Florida Atlantic
299 Southern Miss
308 UTSA[/quote]

= 1 bid conference :-[ So, let’s win the conference tourney and go dancing. ;D[/quote] Yup. If we’re worthy, we’ll win this crappy conference and turn around the program. I hope Price is ready to figure this out. I think he can, but I’m not sure if he’ll make the choice to become the total coach yet. That will include recruiting big men and coaching defense. This season will be interesting to see if he’s ready to make the leap yet.

[quote=“49er1, post:21, topic:30529”][quote=“Run49er, post:20, topic:30529”]CBS Sports’ 1-351:
76 Middle Tennessee
88 UAB
116 Old Dominion
126 Marshall
134 LA Tech
138 WKU
144 Rice
170 UTEP
175 North Texas
179 CHARLOTTE
244 FIU
267 Florida Atlantic
299 Southern Miss
308 UTSA[/quote]

= 1 bid conference :-[ So, let’s win the conference tourney and go dancing. ;D[/quote]

Who cares how many bids the conference gets? If we don’t win it doesn’t matter. If we go win, we can dance. Simple as that. I am so tired of people complaining about our crappy conference when we have been a dumpster fire for a decade. WE ARE PART OF THE REASON IT HAS SUCKED.

Let’s go win damnit. Once we win 20 plus games and miss an atlarge bid because of the conference then and only then can we complain.

Yep, for some reason we have fans that still think we are the same program from the late 90s and not the one that has been losing to the likes of UTSA and Elon.

niners seventh in this ranking
http://realtimerpi.com/ncaab/college_Men_basketball_cusa.html

[quote=“FridayNiner, post:27, topic:30529”]niners seventh in this ranking
http://realtimerpi.com/ncaab/college_Men_basketball_cusa.html[/quote]

Projected in a tie for 5th in this one, right now: http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/CUSA.html

Yep, for some reason we have fans that still think we are the same program from the late 90s and not the one that has been losing to the likes of UTSA and Elon.[/quote]

It’s easier to manage the thought of sucking if you suck against good competition. Then you suck but at least you can say not as much as another sucky team that sucks in a terrible conference like we currently do. In summary, sucking in a good conference is better than sucking in awful conference because then you are the lowest of the suck.

I know we haven’t been killing these “bad” teams early this season, but if we’re able to take Davidson and even one of the the P5 teams over the next month. I think we quickly will be one of the favorites in conference.

We all suffered through last year and Price’s team improved massively throughout the season. If we see the same improvement this season we very well could be dominating people by the end of the year. This is my very optimistic view of this season!

Ive watched a few CUSA games so far and there is no reason why we can’t challenge for the top of the league this year. Every team in the league has flaws. No team is head and shoulders above everyone else. I’m not saying that we will win the league but we should be in the mix.