2016 Basketball Season Ticket Swag

I got a thank-you letter for renewing my basketball tickets. In it were a State of NC sticker with the 49ers C-Pick in it, and a thing. Anyone know what this thing is?

Yeah, they really shoulda explained what was enclosed. HotRod asked Athletics and they say it’s a credit card holder you stick to your phone.

Yeah, they really shoulda explained what was enclosed. HotRod asked Athletics and they say it’s a credit card holder you stick to your phone.[/quote]

I may order season tickets again just so I can get one of those credit card holders.

I’m a FSL holder and got one of these, but my sister is a season ticket holder and didn’t. And yeah, and explanation would have been nice. I was ready to stick it to my office wall as some kind of weird pen holder.

Figured I start looking at basketball stuff since the niners and panthers don’t seem to have it this year.

I was recently looking at basketball plans and realized that section 104 is a student section in the middle. I can’t remember, but has 104 always been a student section since they moved the students behind the baskets?

I think I preferred the students along the sideline to compliment the alumni side (at least in regards to the forty niner chant). Chants and such just don’t seem as organize and fluid with students behind the baskets. From the games I went to, it also seemed like one side was always more into it than the other. If they were all on the sideline like before, they can all feed off the same energy at least. Just looking for something positive to look forward to since football has been draining. Also looking forward to seeing the new video board in Halton too!

[quote=“charlottewkndbuzz, post:5, topic:30550”]Figured I start looking at basketball stuff since the niners and panthers don’t seem to have it this year.

I was recently looking at basketball plans and realized that section 104 is a student section in the middle. I can’t remember, but has 104 always been a student section since they moved the students behind the baskets?

I think I preferred the students along the sideline to compliment the alumni side (at least in regards to the forty niner chant). Chants and such just don’t seem as organize and fluid with students behind the baskets. From the games I went to, it also seemed like one side was always more into it than the other. If they were all on the sideline like before, they can all feed off the same energy at least. Just looking for something positive to look forward to since football has been draining. Also looking forward to seeing the new video board in Halton too![/quote] If I recall, 104 is for grad students. Yes, it has always been a student section.

Figured it was to hold your season ticket cards.

I think they must be giving them for football and/or basketball as I have yet to renew my basketball tickets. I think someone must have ordered those by mistake, and now we get them. :))

You know, I’m as prone to ripping on the AD as the next guy… but bemoaning the lack of explanation for a thank you gift is a bit trivial, don’t you think?

It’s almost as if we’re encouraging them to do even less in the future…

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:9, topic:30550”]You know, I’m as prone to ripping on the AD as the next guy… but bemoaning the lack of explanation for a thank you gift is a bit trivial, don’t you think?

It’s almost as if we’re encouraging them to do even less in the future…[/quote]

I get this perspective, and I didn’t come on here and complain, but I will say… I literally had no idea what it was when I got it. I may have even thrown it away because of that.

I’ll hijack this thread to mention that in the season ticket package I received tonight, they noted that the gold pre-game reception ($5k and up) is in the salons and Green Jacket is in the practice gym; i.e. the locations have been swapped.

I wonder why? Have the relative populations of donors switched? More $5k and up now, or less?

I wonder why? Have the relative populations of donors switched? More $5k and up now, or less?[/quote]

I read this as " all pregame is now downstairs"

I wonder why? Have the relative populations of donors switched? More $5k and up now, or less?[/quote]

I read this as " all pregame is now downstairs"[/quote]

My letter is at home so I cannot check now, but I think it said the two pre-game locations are swapped. There is not enough room to combine both in one location unless they have lost half the donors at these levels, and since they let Major go I do not think that will happen.

Would be cool if they could add Windows up there to overlook the court. Or maybe there are and I’m just not remembering. Then have alcohol at the half like at football.

Picassos pregaming FTW. Pep Rolls > Anything at the pregame stuff

[quote=“4ever niner, post:6, topic:30550”][quote=“charlottewkndbuzz, post:5, topic:30550”]Figured I start looking at basketball stuff since the niners and panthers don’t seem to have it this year.

I think I preferred the students along the sideline to compliment the alumni side (at least in regards to the forty niner chant). Chants and such just don’t seem as organize and fluid with students behind the baskets. From the games I went to, it also seemed like one side was always more into it than the other. If they were all on the sideline like before, they can all feed off the same energy at least. Just looking for something positive to look forward to since football has been draining. Also looking forward to seeing the new video board in Halton too![/quote] If I recall, 104 is for grad students. Yes, it has always been a student section.[/quote]
Saw on the tweeter that 104 was changed from grad students to Student 49er Club members this year. Aka, the die hard students will reclaim 104 like it use to be.

[quote=“charlotteguy88, post:17, topic:30550”][quote=“4ever niner, post:6, topic:30550”][quote=“charlottewkndbuzz, post:5, topic:30550”]Figured I start looking at basketball stuff since the niners and panthers don’t seem to have it this year.

I think I preferred the students along the sideline to compliment the alumni side (at least in regards to the forty niner chant). Chants and such just don’t seem as organize and fluid with students behind the baskets. From the games I went to, it also seemed like one side was always more into it than the other. If they were all on the sideline like before, they can all feed off the same energy at least. Just looking for something positive to look forward to since football has been draining. Also looking forward to seeing the new video board in Halton too![/quote] If I recall, 104 is for grad students. Yes, it has always been a student section.[/quote]
Saw on the tweeter that 104 was changed from grad students to Student 49er Club members this year. Aka, the die hard students will reclaim 104 like it use to be.[/quote]

Hope this is legit. Students should be in 104. Packed in. Front and center. Otherwise it looks pathetic on TV.

Students haven’t been packed in for years.

This overanalysis about where the students sit is comical…unless they have a goal of filling 9,105 seats.

When Halton Arena has 9,105 a.i.s., it is an intimidating and incredible venue. Proportion of students and general public doesn’t matter. Just fill the damn place.

When it’s what we’ve seen for the last 10+ years, who gives a ####.

3,000-4,000 students, alumni and/or general public make Halton sound like just what it is.

A building that is over half empty.