2016 Commits

clt says recruiting has definitely picked up with our upcoming move to AAC.

[quote=ā€œbleedsgreenandgold, post:20, topic:29658ā€]Another commit today, really good size:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ryan-Carrierre-181039;_ylt=A0LEVvZlpJRV2Q0AiAcPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEzZWJidTA2BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDRkZHRTAxXzEEc2VjA3Ny[/quote]

Ryan Carriere 6-4 230lb TE

Received a commitment from Ben DeLuca today. Picked us over conference mate FAU.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ben-DeLuca-165746

Does anyone know how many recruits we are going to try to sign this year? I know we had a smaller class last year, but could not remember if this is suppose to be a normal class.

If I remember correctly, Coach [font=Arial][size=12px]Joe Tereshinski told me at the Raleigh Coaches Caravan that next years class (2016) would be around 16. He said it would be a small class but that we can be more selective in recruiting.[/size][/font]

If I remember correctly, Coach [font=Arial][size=12px]Joe Tereshinski told me at the Raleigh Coaches Caravan that next years class (2016) would be around 16. He said it would be a small class but that we can be more selective in recruiting.[/size][/font][/quote]

Makes sense. 2016 will be small, but 2017 will be an absolutely massive class. We will have 40+ players graduate after the 2016 season.

If we are going to stay around 16 then we are halfway with our commitments already.

If I remember correctly, Coach [font=arial][size=12px]Joe Tereshinski told me at the Raleigh Coaches Caravan that next years class (2016) would be around 16. He said it would be a small class but that we can be more selective in recruiting.[/size][/font][/quote]

Makes sense. 2016 will be small, but 2017 will be an absolutely massive class. We will have 40+ players graduate after the 2016 season.[/quote]

15.5.6.1 Bowl Subdivision Football. [FBS] There shall be an annual limit of 25 on the number of initial counters (per Bylaw 15.02.3.1) and an annual limit of 85 on the total number of counters (including initial counters) in football at each institution. (Revised: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/92, 12/15/06)

15.5.6.1 Bowl Subdivision Football. [FBS] There shall be an annual limit of 25 on the number of initial counters (per Bylaw 15.02.3.1) and an annual limit of 85 on the total number of counters (including initial counters) in football at each institution.

Hmm, so we canā€™t sign more than 25? How did UT get away with signing 32 in 2014? Other teams have signed close to 30 in years past.

Maybe all arenā€™t immediately given scholarships, possibly grayshirts or walk ons. If I know anything about our athletic department though, we will absolutely stick to that limit.

[quote=ā€œMikeNiner11, post:30, topic:29658ā€]

15.5.6.1 Bowl Subdivision Football. [FBS] There shall be an annual limit of 25 on the number of initial counters (per Bylaw 15.02.3.1) and an annual limit of 85 on the total number of counters (including initial counters) in football at each institution.

Hmm, so we canā€™t sign more than 25? How did UT get away with signing 32 in 2014? Other teams have signed close to 30 in years past.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits

Maybe all arenā€™t immediately given scholarships, possibly grayshirts or walk ons. If I know anything about our athletic department though, we will absolutely stick to that limit.[/quote]I believe you have to get a waiver if you sign more than 25, imagine it can only be done so often.

Most of the time schools over sign when they absolutely know that there will be non-qualifiers. Then they get placed at Juco and you get them on the back end because you were loyal to theIr commitment on the front end.

Received commitment from Robert Cheathem today. Heā€™s a teammate of Ben DeLuca from Bishop Moore High School in FL. It seems like Rivals list him as a WR, but everywhere else has him as a DB.

http://sports.yahoo.com/charlotte/football/recruiting/player-Robert-Cheathem-165748

looks like a solid pickup. purdue offer. wonder if he will play wr or cb.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:17, topic:29658ā€]@davidscott14: .@Charlotte49ers pick up commitment from OL Kollin Byers from Crest High. 6-5 240. 49ersā€™ 6th '16 recruit.[/quote]Believe he is now committed to NCSU.

Hope State Fā€™s him on the blue shirt and recruits over him. Iā€™m completely ok with kids keeping their recruitment open but committing just to get a higher offer is garbage.

we can do better. this kid will realize what a big mistake he made. good luck to him though.

This year is an important year for Charlotteā€¦ we need to show we are ready for the big timeā€¦ Night games, FBS competition, better fan support (goes along with the 1st two, plus ticket availability to the general public) adding a band and the maturity of juniors vs redshirt sophomores and finally some depthā€¦ besides the amazing campus and city hopefully it all comes together where the coaches have players wanting to be a part of Charlotte football.

It still amazes me how many football players change their commitments. This guy just committed a few weeks ago and now he has already changed? I am guessing he will change again before the end of football season. Basketball does not see many changes from players.

Its a strategy game. Thereā€™s so many Power 5 football scholarships out there that recruits have to play the shell game to move up. Once a basketball commit is in they will usually only change commits for a top school. Thereā€™s so many football scholarships at top schools though, thereā€™s simply 6x the amount of movements as well. This is not our first time as a stepping stone and it surely wonā€™t be our last.