2016 football recruiting

I was talking to a local high school coach this weekend and the subject of Charlotte football come up. He likes Lambert, but did tell me that our recruiting had fell off since the death of Ratliff. Ratliff was at is school many times and was recruiting one of his players very hard, but he has not seen a coach since his passing. He actually had to call a couple of weeks ago to ask if they were still interested in the player since he likes Charlotte, but was getting other offers.

Hope we can get everything together to pull in a good group since I think this year is a big year for us in recruiting.

[quote=“woodniner, post:1, topic:29890”]I was talking to a local high school coach this weekend and the subject of Charlotte football come up. He likes Lambert, but did tell me that our recruiting had fell off since the death of Ratliff. Ratliff was at is school many times and was recruiting one of his players very hard, but he has not seen a coach since his passing. He actually had to call a couple of weeks ago to ask if they were still interested in the player since he likes Charlotte, but was getting other offers.

Hope we can get everything together to pull in a good group since I think this year is a big year for us in recruiting.[/quote]

I find this very concerning. Good info though.

Yes, that is concerning. Though I highly doubt a hire would be made mid season. I suspect it’s one of the many items on Lamberts list of things to do this season, and after the bowl games he’ll be on the horn calling his targets.

[quote=“HighFlying49er, post:3, topic:29890”]Yes, that is concerning. Though I highly doubt a hire would be made mid season. I suspect it’s one of the many items on Lamberts list of things to do this season, and after the bowl games he’ll be on the horn calling his targets.[/quote]Hire will come in off season and I think it’ll probably be from outside the program.

I hope somebody on the staff is looking at the Gamecocks’ recruits.

and possible Charlotte area SC players looking to transfer.

Seriously.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:2, topic:29890”][quote=“woodniner, post:1, topic:29890”]I was talking to a local high school coach this weekend and the subject of Charlotte football come up. He likes Lambert, but did tell me that our recruiting had fell off since the death of Ratliff. Ratliff was at is school many times and was recruiting one of his players very hard, but he has not seen a coach since his passing. He actually had to call a couple of weeks ago to ask if they were still interested in the player since he likes Charlotte, but was getting other offers.

Hope we can get everything together to pull in a good group since I think this year is a big year for us in recruiting.[/quote]

I find this very concerning. Good info though.[/quote]

This is a big concern. Need the best recruiters possible to build this program.