2016 Summer Movies!

clt says just watch tropic thunder again.

I didn’t really care for Star Trek Beyond. Didn’t hate it. But the villain was paper thin (dear Hollywood, please stop wasting Idris Elba - he needs a real role!!), as were other characters. Sucked any tension out of the movie and made me barely care. Face it, there hasn’t been a villain as good as the original Khan, since. ST badly needs a fully built out storyline.

I also found the action scenes to be ridiculous, even for a ST movie. I still think the most Star Trek action sequence of the reboots was Sulu and Kirk fighting Romulans on top of the giant planet drill.

There were a couple of quick in jokes, which I didn’t mind. The Leonard Nimoy tribute didn’t quite work as well as I think they hoped, though I wanted it to.

I’ve seen Tarzan & Indy Day 2 this summer. I’ve seen Star Wars 7 & Batman v Superman since Dec. Usually I wait till it’s on TV. Plan to see Suicide Squad, because Harley Quinn is hot. She was also Jane.

I didn’t go to Free State of Jones, because if you study history, you already know they fail. Kind of like why watch Titantic?

Compared to the abortion that was Pearl Harbor, Titanic was a factual documentary. That movie was worse than what my nephew can record on his iphone.

As for Independence Day 2, well…there was no plot but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It was much better than Jurassic World and slightly better than Episode VII.

What was bad about Indy 2 was showing cleavage of a girl you said was under 16 near the end. Is the director a pervie? A character you say is under 16 shouldn’t wear low cut shirts.
And why did the President’s daughter flinch her tits before shooting a gun at the space ship near the end? Kind of silly.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:25, topic:30212”]What was bad about Indy 2 was showing cleavage of a girl you said was under 16 near the end. Is the director a pervie? A character you say is under 16 shouldn’t wear low cut shirts.
And why did the President’s daughter flinch her tits before shooting a gun at the space ship near the end? Kind of silly.[/quote]

Didn’t see any of that when I watched the movie. Again, your special eyes have served you well.

clt recommends the Lego movie.

Arrival - releasing on 11/11 looks interesting