2016 Summer Olympics

Will the games be hosted in Chicago or Rio? Chicago would incredible for our nation but Rio makes a strong case considering the Olympics have never been held in South America. The power of Barack will probably push us through.

And thinking down the road…where are some other locations within the United States that would be good for the summer games? Did I hear Charlotte?

Will the games be hosted in Chicago or Rio? Chicago would incredible for our nation but Rio makes a strong case considering the Olympics have never been held in South America. The power of Barack will probably push us through.

And thinking down the road…where are some other locations within the United States that would be good for the summer games? Did I hear Charlotte?

Does it matter?

2016 is after 2012…

[QUOTE=J-Dizzle;434580]Will the games be hosted in Chicago or Rio? Chicago would incredible for our nation but Rio makes a strong case considering the Olympics have never been held in South America. The power of Barack will probably push us through.

And thinking down the road…where are some other locations within the United States that would be good for the summer games? Did I hear Charlotte?[/QUOTE]

Crime is terrible in Rio. There’s talk of buidling walls around some neighborhoods to prevent athletes from crime.

While Chicago would be nice, I’m thinking Mardrid.

I’ve heard rumors about Charlotte possibly hosting a World Cup in the future.

Rio has the World Cup in 2014. I think that will hurt their chances for an Olympic bid

I've heard rumors about Charlotte possibly hosting a World Cup in the future.

This is the story I’m following

I’d love to go to a World Cup game here.

bye bye chicago

My boss is going to Chicago for the weekend. He is getting a tour of the city by a major architect. Sounds like an interesting trip despite the unsuccessful Olympic bid.

FYI the 1994 World Cup in USA holds the record for the highest World Cup total attendance in history (3.6 million).

all hail the power of Barack…Rio is a good, but scary choice due to the violence/poverty levels.

all hail the power of Barack...Rio is a good, but scary choice due to the violence/poverty levels.

Well Chicago was proposing to do most of it in the Southside of Chitown…

Does Brazil have problems with the World Cup when they host? I guess South America gets a WC every decade.

Apparently you can’t walk home from school in Chicago without getting beaten to death.

Wonder how much $$$ we wasted in lobbying for the games??

They said Chicago & Tokyo didn’t make it. It’s Rio or Madrid, & I thought Rio all along since there was never an Olympics in SA, & the USA has had too many.
I don’t want the headache of all those people in Charlotte.
I like the Olympics in foreign countries. Atlanta & Salt Lake City aren’t exotic.

Her name is Rio & she dance in the sand.

Looks like we may see some Rugby Sevens in 2016.

Rio wins…

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news;_ylt=Ag_warPPnZ.yr07u05XeJ7M5nYcB?slug=ap-2016bids&prov=ap&type=lgns

Opra + Obama < Pele

You don’t mess with Pele.

[QUOTE=forDniner;434667]Opra + Obama < Pele

You don’t mess with Pele.[/QUOTE]

Good point. He and Hatch did beat the Nazi’s best

Heard a story that there was a group of speculative investors who bought land on the cheap and stood to get rich if Chicago won…

It’s kinda comical how this process is portrayed in a nationalistic or political light, when it’s really about nothing more than business for a few very powerful/wealthy insiders.

This is the first one in South America, right?