2017 Baseball Thread

Experienced 49ers focused on ending NCAA baseball drought

Big test on opening weekend with WVU coming to town. They are picked 6th in the Big XII and a projected Regional team by Baseball America. They got hot toward s the end of last season and ended up playing for the Big XII Title

Looks like they return most of their line-up from last year, including Freshman All American Darius Hill in RF. He was voted Best Athlete in the Big XII by Baseball America.

WVU only returns 1 of their 3 weekend starters in RHP BJ Myers. He is listed as one of the top 2017 prospects in in the Big XII by Baseball America.

I’m not sure how our pitching will look but I’d put our offense up against anyone’s.

If the chips fall the right way, this is our best team in years. This pitching staff could either be really good, or really not good. If sean recovers well, and Colton throws like he knows he can, and we know he can, we could be very solid.

Agree. Perhaps it is those worn out green tinted lenses, but I have high hopes for this year. If Coastal Carolina can win the whole thing, there is hope for us, especially with the forward vision of our Athletic Department.

Also… I’ll try to get some info at the games from Judy about our upcoming football stadium expansion. Can’t wait.

:blank:

To be honest, I don’t keep up with our baseball team as much as I should, but I do go to 3-4 games on campus and all the ones uptown. Cool to see we have several games at bb&t ballpark again. Do you guys think we will be competitive in those games? Would love to win one of those, especially the one against nc state.

clt wonders about schwarber. Is he ready to play rf? You don’t want to lose his bat in the lineup.

Well, we won 2 of our 3 Uptown games last year, 1 was against an SEC team.

This year we play Wake and NC State there. We split with Wake last season, with our win being with a walk-off HR at the Hayes and their win was a walk-off at their place. They were a pretty good team last year, earning their first NCAA bid in a long time. I’d say they were pretty evenly matched games last year.

NC State is a pre-season Top 10 team, and they will be a tough match-up.

Weather-wise, couldn’t really ask for a better opening weekend.

Can’t wait to throw a few back with NWA this Saturday at the Normbulance. Should be a great time.

Anyone else coming out?

Can’t wait to throw a few back with NWA this Saturday at the Normbulance. Should be a great time.

Anyone else coming out?[/quote]I might Sunday. Saturday won’t work for me unfortunately.

Anyone else coming out?[/quote]

I’ll be there! Should be a perfect day to get a win over WV.

I’ll be there! Should be a perfect day to get a win over WV.[/quote]
Me too. I’ll pick up a futon from IKEA for the WVU fans, just to be hospitable.

Looks like our rotation is set for this weekend.

RHP Colton Laws on Friday
LHP Josh Maciejewski on Saturday
RHP Zach Flanagan on Sunday

We get our first look at JUCO Flanagan this weekend. Looking forward to see what he’s got. Laws and Maciejewski were pretty solid last year.

I’ll be there! Should be a perfect day to get a win over WV.[/quote]
Me too. I’ll pick up a futon from IKEA for the WVU fans, just to be hospitable.[/quote] :))

So if we go tomorrow is the Normbulance at the black lot, or have they started tearing that up yet?

We’ll be in the lot up near the football and baseball stadiums.

We’ll be in the lot up near the football and baseball stadiums.[/quote]
I may swing on by depending on when I head over there. Is it ok for us to park in that lot around the football stadium or do we need a pass?

We’ll be in the lot up near the football and baseball stadiums.[/quote]
I may swing on by depending on when I head over there. Is it ok for us to park in that lot around the football stadium or do we need a pass?[/quote]
It’s fine to park there on the weekend with no pass.