2017 C-USA Football preaseason media coverage

Conference USA preseason rankings among all 130 FBS teams per CBS Sports.

61 LA Tech
66 WKU
67 Middle Tennessee
84 Southern Miss
88 UTSA
91 ODU
94 Marshall
95 FAU
114 North Texas
116 FIU
118 Rice
123 UTEP
125 CHARLOTTE
129 UAB

And Niner’s 2017 non-con FBS opponents:

20 Kansas State
106 Eastern Michigan
122 Georgia State

CBSSports.com: CBS Sports 130: Alabama tops preseason college football rankings of every FBS team

USA Today predicts Niners will finish 4-8 (2-6 C-USA) with LA Tech projected to be conference champions.

USAToday.com: College football: Projecting the 2017 records of all 130 FBS teams

Offtackleempire.com: [b]Previewing Conference USA Football with Underdog Dynasty, Part 1

Previewing Conference USA-Big Ten Non-Conference Football (Part 2)[/b]

USAToday.com: Conference USA even again while adding high-profile coaches

CBSSports.com: Second chances in the Sunshine State: Coaches look to reboot careers in Florida

Sportsonearth.com: CONFERENCE USA: 10 THINGS TO KNOW

USAToday.com: College football 2017: Conference USA preview

clt thinks we may surprise a few folks.

clt thinks we may surprise a few folks.[/quote]Everything I’ve read has us predicted for last place. If we do anything we will surprise all the folks.

Shouldn’t year five be the strongest year for an upstart football program? Year five is the fish or cut bait season IMO for this coaching staff.

Usually, but we started as FCS with no clue we’d be FBS so soon. So maybe to be fair, a year or 2 more would be appropriate.

Usually, but we started as FCS with no clue we’d be FBS so soon. So maybe to be fair, a year or 2 more would be appropriate.[/quote]we knew we would be fbs before we ever played our first snap. It is inexcusable to have less talent on the d line with five (5!!!) Recruiting classes since we found out we would be tbs.

I like the rest of the team, but d line is so critically important that we may be squandering our other strengths by trotting a team out into the field that is possibly going to get run all over.

It’s not even that I think our d line players are bad, it’s just unreal how little depth or experience we have there.

Usually, but we started as FCS with no clue we’d be FBS so soon. So maybe to be fair, a year or 2 more would be appropriate.[/quote]we knew we would be fbs before we ever played our first snap. It is inexcusable to have less talent on the d line with five (5!!!) Recruiting classes since we found out we would be tbs.

I like the rest of the team, but d line is so critically important that we may be squandering our other strengths by trotting a team out into the field that is possibly going to get run all over.

It’s not even that I think our d line players are bad, it’s just unreal how little depth or experience we have there.[/quote] Um, You may have had some inside info before the started that we would be stepping right up right away. I certainly did not have that info.
Please provide some link that proves “we knew we would be fbs before we ever played out first snap.”

It’s not even that I think our d line players are bad, it’s just unreal how little depth or experience we have there.[/quote] Um, You may have had some inside info before the started that we would be stepping right up right away. I certainly did not have that info.
Please provide some link that proves “we knew we would be fbs before we ever played out first snap.”[/quote]we got the invite to CUSA in May 2012, so unless you were in a coma from May 4, 2012 - August 31, 2013, you did have that info.

Please provide some link that proves “we knew we would be fbs before we ever played out first snap.”[/quote]we got the invite to CUSA in May 2012, so unless you were in a coma from May 4, 2012 - August 31, 2013, you did have that info.[/quote]

Your words. Got link? Source? If so I’ll tip my hat to you.

http://news.uncc.edu/news-events/news-releases/charlotte-49ers-join-conference-usa

Published may 4 2012

Please provide some link that proves “we knew we would be fbs before we ever played out first snap.”[/quote]we got the invite to CUSA in May 2012, so unless you were in a coma from May 4, 2012 - August 31, 2013, you did have that info.[/quote]

Your words. Got link? Source? If so I’ll tip my hat to you.[/quote]

I guess you need to start tipping your hat.

:sunglasses:

:cowboy_hat_face:

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:16, topic:31025”]http://news.uncc.edu/news-events/news-releases/charlotte-49ers-join-conference-usa

Published may 4 2012[/quote]

Here’s the rub. I’m not sure I accept the premise that the announcement about joining CUSA would have all that much effect on our 2013/14
recruiting. We’d have to have told FBS level athletes that they were going to have to wait 2 seasons to play at that level. Maybe some would and maybe some wouldn’t go along with that. At any rate, I’m going to wait until we actually play five seasons of FBS to start passing judgments.