2017 Recruiting

so to whom is bent committed? us or the “University of Georgia State”?

His twitter still shows Charlotte commit and Rivals has him listed as verbal. Hasn’t posted anything about Georgia State recently. I’d say that we still have him for now.

His twitter still shows Charlotte commit and Rivals has him listed as verbal. Hasn’t posted anything about Georgia State recently. I’d say that we still have him for now.[/quote]

I think I saw somewhere that he was going to be taking a visit to Georgia State this month, but everywhere still has him list as committed to Charlotte.

Jean Eason jr. followed me on twitter after I followed him. My ninerness is evident on my twitter.

It’s still early but currently 247 has our class rated a #7 in CUSA.

[quote=“chidave, post:45, topic:30218”]http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=C-USA

It’s still early but currently 247 has our class rated a #7 in CUSA.[/quote]

clt says appy and ezu have 9 3 star players.

niners have the fourth best recruiting class in cusa per rivals…

[quote=“cltniners, post:46, topic:30218”][quote=“chidave, post:45, topic:30218”]http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=C-USA

It’s still early but currently 247 has our class rated a #7 in CUSA.[/quote]

clt says appy and ezu have 9 3 star players.[/quote]

They also have dedicated sites on 247, weird correlation huh?

Sherrod Sutton from Kannapolis would be a great pickup for the 49ers.We caught lightning in a bottle with another Kannapolis recruit four years ago.A very quick defensive end with a nose for the ball…Sutton has an offer from Charlotte and is drawing interest from UNC,NC State,and South Carolina.Would love to see him go from Wonder green to 49er green.

We had lots of recruits on campus this weekend. They took up most of the middle section in 104 and left at halftime. One parent told me we had about 20 kids in for the weekend. Hope to start hearing some news late today or tomorrow

:o :-[ :o ???

[quote=“woodniner, post:50, topic:30218”]We had lots of recruits on campus this weekend. They took up most of the middle section in 104 and left at halftime. One parent told me we had about 20 kids in for the weekend. Hope to start hearing some news late today or tomorrow[/quote]Quite a few of those guys were commits.

[font=comic sans ms][size=small]A list of recruits here this weekend for @Charlotte49erFB: @nickyt616, @bigdream_vic, @JFrancois_8, @cam_bent1, @DmitriEmmanuel (cont)[/size][/font]

More visitors for @Charlotte49erFB @loganbegreat1, @DreamChaseUH_53, @Kihto_, and @imNot_VONerable.

:o :-[ :o ???[/quote]

I heard that their itinerary was pretty packed. I don’t know if they had somewhere else to go, but maybe. With the families, we had about 80 people on campus this weekend.

clt says they left at halftime to meet the wbb team.

I like how this recruiting class is shaping up. If we can hold onto the verbals we have and add another person or two, this could be the best one yet. Last year we had some very solid players (LeMay, Washington, and DeLuca were so good we couldn’t RS them) but the numbers were low due to our large senior class. This one is looking like it can have quality and quantity.

We better find a new QB for this class since I do not think we are going to hold on to the current commit. Some of the changing schools will stop with the new football early signing period starting this year or in 2018. It is suppose to be approved this week which will help the G5 schools not lose on players blowing up their senior year.

[quote=“woodniner, post:57, topic:30218”]We better find a new QB for this class since I do not think we are going to hold on to the current commit. Some of the changing schools will stop with the new football early signing period starting this year or in 2018. It is suppose to be approved this week which will help the G5 schools not lose on players blowing up their senior year.[/quote]The truly early signing period got shot down. Still a chance for one in December, but that doesn’t really help with the problem of losing players that blow up during senior year.

Forgive me if this was discussed earlier in the thread but I don’t have time to read it all, but are we hitting the Charlotte area hard at all?
I am an asst. coach at a HS here in Charlotte and they haven’t really been by lately and we’ve had a couple kids go to the ACC in recent years that honestly would’ve done very well had Charlotte gone after them harder.
I know we hit FL hard and it’s paid dividends with DeLuca and Rolle

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:59, topic:30218”]Forgive me if this was discussed earlier in the thread but I don’t have time to read it all, but are we hitting the Charlotte area hard at all?
I am an asst. coach at a HS here in Charlotte and they haven’t really been by lately and we’ve had a couple kids go to the ACC in recent years that honestly would’ve done very well had Charlotte gone after them harder.
I know we hit FL hard and it’s paid dividends with DeLuca and Rolle[/quote]

Yes we need to focus more on local kids, but the fact of the matter IS: a lot, if not MOST have tar holes in their eyes, and an acc bias they were raised with that’s hard if not impossible to overcome. We’ll get a few local kids, but not a lot, regardless of how “hard” we recruit them.