2017 Recruiting

[quote=“49er1, post:60, topic:30218”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:59, topic:30218”]Forgive me if this was discussed earlier in the thread but I don’t have time to read it all, but are we hitting the Charlotte area hard at all?
I am an asst. coach at a HS here in Charlotte and they haven’t really been by lately and we’ve had a couple kids go to the ACC in recent years that honestly would’ve done very well had Charlotte gone after them harder.
I know we hit FL hard and it’s paid dividends with DeLuca and Rolle[/quote]

Yes we need to focus more on local kids, but the fact of the matter IS: a lot, if not MOST have tar holes in their eyes, and an acc bias they were raised with that’s hard if not impossible to overcome. We’ll get a few local kids, but not a lot, regardless of how “hard” we recruit them.[/quote]
None of the kids have gone to Carolina. One to Wake, one to Duke and another to App. All would’ve fit well at Charlotte. I just wish we’d see Charlotte hitting schools in Charlotte harder and fighting for these kids. Also building relationships with HS coaches is very key as most know and I’m not saying the Niners would win every battle or even a majority but I think they could win a few. Especially considering all the talent at Vance, Mallard Creek and Hough just those three schools are within 20mins of campus.

Here is a disturbing quote from an asst. coach at Mallard Creek.
Question I asked: How often are Charlotte coaches at MC/Vance?
Answer: "Since the OL coach passed. Not much"
Come on, not even trying at two schools very rich in talent look past the five and four stars there are some good players that go FCS at those schools and do very well that I feel like Charlotte could certainly get.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:62, topic:30218”]Here is a disturbing quote from an asst. coach at Mallard Creek.
Come on, not even trying at two schools very rich in talent look past the five and four stars there are some good players that go FCS at those schools and do very well that I feel like Charlotte could certainly get.[/quote]

Best school in the area… that’s a head scratcher.

[quote=“s9er, post:63, topic:30218”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:62, topic:30218”]Here is a disturbing quote from an asst. coach at Mallard Creek.
Come on, not even trying at two schools very rich in talent look past the five and four stars there are some good players that go FCS at those schools and do very well that I feel like Charlotte could certainly get.[/quote]

Best school in the area… that’s a head scratcher.[/quote]

I am not sure of the recruiting cal. Ratliff died in August, then football season. How many visits happen in season? What was the window like after the season? Maybe we haven’t had that many chances to be out there?

I know Sykes had the connection at Mallard Creek. After he left for Navy, who knows?

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:64, topic:30218”][quote=“s9er, post:63, topic:30218”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:62, topic:30218”]Here is a disturbing quote from an asst. coach at Mallard Creek.

Best school in the area… that’s a head scratcher.[/quote]

I am not sure of the recruiting cal. Ratliff died in August, then football season. How many visits happen in season? What was the window like after the season? Maybe we haven’t had that many chances to be out there?[/quote]
Ratliff died in August in 2015. It’s been over a year and a half. Plenty of chances.

Which coach is responsible for Charlotte area recruiting? He needs to hear this…today.

The coaches should be hitting the Charlotte area extra hard and Shelby area too. No excuses!!

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:59, topic:30218”]Forgive me if this was discussed earlier in the thread but I don’t have time to read it all, but are we hitting the Charlotte area hard at all?
I am an asst. coach at a HS here in Charlotte and they haven’t really been by lately and we’ve had a couple kids go to the ACC in recent years that honestly would’ve done very well had Charlotte gone after them harder.
I know we hit FL hard and it’s paid dividends with DeLuca and Rolle[/quote]If you have a kid that you feel could play well at our level, or above it and are being under recruited, reach out to the staff. Hell, give me their name and I can try to get it on the staffs radar, it’ll ultimately be up to those guys.

If the staff feels our best shot at getting the recruits we need is concentrating on BF,Egypt; then I want the staff recruiting there. Charlotte is closer, though.

I am surprised we are not limited to only recruiting Charlotte since all of our money goes towards women’s sports. At least that is what people keep telling me.

clt says it is the job of the high school coaches to shamelessly promote their players.

[quote=“2k, post:69, topic:30218”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:59, topic:30218”]Forgive me if this was discussed earlier in the thread but I don’t have time to read it all, but are we hitting the Charlotte area hard at all?
I know we hit FL hard and it’s paid dividends with DeLuca and Rolle[/quote]If you have a kid that you feel could play well at our level, or above it and are being under recruited, reach out to the staff. Hell, give me their name and I can try to get it on the staffs radar, it’ll ultimately be up to those guys.[/quote]
We can only do so much. If the coaches don’t bother to show up to the schools and put effort into building the relationships then we’ll send our kids to schools that take the time to do that. Plain and simple really.
We do our best to get our kids names and films out to them.

… Our recruiting class looks pretty good to me.

I understand the power in building relationships, but I like what we have going for us. Criticizing our current recruiting is not wise in my opinion. We seem to have a solid class. I like local guys as much as the next guy, but if we never leave Charlotte, we leave ourselves open to very inconsistent recruiting.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:74, topic:30218”]… Our recruiting class looks pretty good to me.

I understand the power in building relationships, but I like what we have going for us. Criticizing our current recruiting is not wise in my opinion. We seem to have a solid class. I like local guys as much as the next guy, but if we never leave Charlotte, we leave ourselves open to very inconsistent recruiting.[/quote]
I’m not saying stay 100% in Charlotte, but how about having a majority of the class from NC? According to 247 4 of 21 commits are from NC. Come on.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:75, topic:30218”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:74, topic:30218”]… Our recruiting class looks pretty good to me.

I understand the power in building relationships, but I like what we have going for us. Criticizing our current recruiting is not wise in my opinion. We seem to have a solid class. I like local guys as much as the next guy, but if we never leave Charlotte, we leave ourselves open to very inconsistent recruiting.[/quote]
I’m not saying stay 100% in Charlotte, but how about having a majority of the class from NC? According to 247 4 of 21 commits are from NC. Come on.[/quote]

You go where the talent takes you. I want us to recruit the local area, but I would prefer they identify talent they can get and get it - no matter where it is.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:75, topic:30218”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:74, topic:30218”]… Our recruiting class looks pretty good to me.

I’m not saying stay 100% in Charlotte, but how about having a majority of the class from NC? According to 247 4 of 21 commits are from NC. Come on.[/quote]

My guess is that if 4 of 21 were NOT from NC, there would be plenty of pleading to recruit outside the state.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:76, topic:30218”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:75, topic:30218”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:74, topic:30218”]… Our recruiting class looks pretty good to me.

You go where the talent takes you. I want us to recruit the local area, but I would prefer they identify talent they can get and get it - no matter where it is.[/quote]

Totally agree with this. There are so many underrated kids all of the country and think we have done a solid job at finding some real gems over the years. I think the staff does what is best for the program when it comes to recruiting. It also gets our name out there more and helps the program if we ever get the opportunity to bump up to P5 conference one day.

I am liking where this class is heading. Just got to land all of those guys on February 1st.

Anybody know anything about this kid?

Just noticed him on 247 Sports and this is the first time I’ve seen him on our offer board. Currently committed to Coastal Carolina.

Think we offered him as a fall back in case Tronti doesn’t come through?

another commit…https://twitter.com/RicoArnold_5